Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

The Man Without Fear series doesn’t sound very interesting. While Daredevil does have an integral supporting cast, I read it because of Matt. I doubt and hope they are not killling him off for an extended period of time. I really don't want to read this, but will probably still check it out.

Man I am going to have to check out Marvel Knights, Donny Cates writing Daredevil? Yes!
    Last edited by Jekyll; 10-17-2018 at 04:02 AM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Also this:

MARVEL UNIVERSE: TIME AND AGAIN TPB
    Written by SALADIN AHMED, TINI HOWARD, ERICA SCHULTZ, ETHAN SACKS, BRYAN EDWARD HILL, EMILY LERNER, SEANAN MCGUIRE & DENNIS HOPELESS
    Penciled by GARRY BROWN, CHRIS SPROUSE, RON LIM, MARCIO TAKARA, ANDRE LIMA ARAUJO, MARCO FAILLA, DJIBRIL MORISSETTE-PHAN & MORE
    Cover by ACO
    Untold tales of your favorite Marvel heroes! Before Spider-Man discovered his black costume was a symbiote, what nighttime adventures did it take him on? On an advance scouting mission during World War II, Captain America and Bucky face one of their longest nights! Discover the first meeting between Daredevil and hero-hating NYPD Detective Misty Knight! Join the Silver Surfer on a fateful hunt for a planet to feed to his master, Galactus! Learn what spider-powered teen Miles Morales was up to during the Skrull Secret Invasion! Witness Kitty Pryde’s first kiss! And join Sgt. Fury and the Howling Commandos as they encounter the living island Krakoa! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (2018) #1, CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL (2018) #1, DAREDEVIL ANNUAL (2018) #1, SILVER SURFER ANNUAL (2018) #1, SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1, X-MEN: GOLD ANNUAL #2 and JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY: THE BIRTH OF KRAKOA.
    232 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
    So the Daredevil Annual isn't even getting collected in the Daredevil trade? That feels somehow appropriate since it's barely a Daredevil book, but it makes me glad I picked it up since I'm not picking this up and I wouldn't otherwise collect it.

It's pushing it a bit. Probably would have been better going with Defenders #1 by Bendis or if we are being more historically correct, I would go with one of the below:

There was a time where Daredevil was very close to losing his solo book and would likely have ended up in the Defenders. I enjoy the stories where he's defending Nighthawk and fighting the Mandrill. The Defenders were officially a non-team, so anyone could theoretically be a member but I would probably say he was closer to Defenders-allied than a Defender. But I tend to agree that, if we're talking Daredevil and the original Defenders, maybe Defenders #89 would have been the best choice.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Love that Kane/Janson combination, gorgeous stuff.

i've certainly enjoyed soule's run, but i would stop short of calling it one of the best the character has ever seen. creatively, daredevil has been marvel's best, most consistently excellent books going back 20 years now (the marvel knights relaunch was in 98, right?). with the exception of the diggle stuff, which wasn't bad so much as it just failed to live up to what came before and what would come after, daredevil has been killing for so long it's getting exceedingly difficult for any run to rise to the top of the mountain.

it's a good problem to have.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post

There was a time where Daredevil was very close to losing his solo book and would likely have ended up in the Defenders. I enjoy the stories where he's defending Nighthawk and fighting the Mandrill. The Defenders were officially a non-team, so anyone could theoretically be a member but I would probably say he was closer to Defenders-allied than a Defender. But I tend to agree that, if we're talking Daredevil and the original Defenders, maybe Defenders #89 would have been the best choice.
    Why #89?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Love that Kane/Janson combination, gorgeous stuff.
    Yes, it is a fantastic cover. Javier Rodriguez did a beautiful tribute to this cover as a larger internal panel in Waid's first run when Daredevil was up against the Sons of the Serpent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Yes! 2 days!

so whenever Daredevil "dies"... where will he show up next? What city? Perhaps a foreign country.. Has Matt ever been in London.. or Prague... Rome...

BANNED

Today's issue, the start of "The Death of Daredevil," was a really strong beginning to the arc. Here's hoping it means Soule will go out on a high note.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Today's issue, the start of "The Death of Daredevil," was a really strong beginning to the arc. Here's hoping it means Soule will go out on a high note.
    Good to hear! It may be a while before I get a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Agreed, very good start. Hopefully Soule sticks the landing (I'm sure he will).

There are scans of todays issues online. I don't know if I can resist spoiling the issue! I took a peak and the art alone is so damn beautiful!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Why #89?
    It's the start of the storyarc that has Daredevil team up with the Defenders that builds off the Steve Gerber run of Daredevil. I couldn't remember if there was a specific issue that was even better so I thought I'd go with the start of the story.

As for the story this week. I loved it, but it was over so quick. Things happened so quickly that there was almost a fever dream quality. Phil Noto drawing that villain might haunt my dreams.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Phil Noto drawing that villain might haunt my dreams.
    Yeah, that was one of the coolest parts of the issue. Really cool design by Noto.