Anyone get 611 today? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The upcoming Daredevil Epic Collection contents taken from Hachette:

Daredevil Epic Collection: Purgatory & Paradise

ISBN: 9781302918798
    On Sale: June 18, 2019
    Price: $39.99 ($52.00 In Canada)
    Pages: 504

Description: Taken to the edge! The black costume is no more - but who is that running around in the original yellow suit? And the classic red? Is it Matt Murdock? Jack Batlin? Or...someone else?! The Man Without Fear faces an identity crisis - and it won't be easy to put his broken life back together! If he can, it'll be a new dawn for Nelson & Murdock - unless the hotshot lawyer Rosalind Sharpe has other ideas! Faces from Matt's past resurface, including his mother, his former lover Black Widow, and his dead mentor Stick...but there's something different about Spider-Man! Meanwhile, villains line up to take on Daredevil - like Pyro, the Enforcers, the Absorbing Man and Mysterio! Matt faces one of his hardest cases: defending Mr. Hyde! And DD pulls an all-nighter battling Insomnia!

COLLECTING: VOL. 20: DAREDEVIL (1964) 345-364
    Definitely one of my favorite runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Got it but haven't been able to read it yet. Probably tomorrow afternoon.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Over the Edge would have been in Root of Evil. That being said, virtually every issue of that crossover is superfluous. The Daredevil issue might be the only relevant issue (iirc, Ghost Rider has some relevance at least). The Doctor Strange issue was an insult. But I don't think it mattered. I would have preferred it be included (particularly since it was a fairly thin Epic Collection) but I can see why it wasn't.

Daredevil #611 was a very interesting issue and Matt came off well in it, but I have a suspicion that there's more going on than we can see. I don't want to spoil my theory, but I'll give a hint with the name: spoilers:
    Ambrose Bierce
    end of spoilers
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Over the Edge would have been in Root of Evil. That being said, virtually every issue of that crossover is superfluous. The Daredevil issue might be the only relevant issue (iirc, Ghost Rider has some relevance at least). The Doctor Strange issue was an insult. But I don't think it mattered. I would have preferred it be included (particularly since it was a fairly thin Epic Collection) but I can see why it wasn't.

Daredevil #611 was a very interesting issue and Matt came off well in it, but I have a suspicion that there's more going on than we can see. I don't want to spoil my theory, but I'll give a hint with the name: spoilers:
    Ambrose Bierce
    end of spoilers
    Who is that (in regards to your spoiler)?

He's a author from the mid-19th Century who wrote a particular short story. For those familiar with the book, it'll give a good idea of how I think #612 will end. For those not familiar with it, I'll explain after #612. But I don't want to even influence people with my theory if I turn out to be right.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

He's a author from the mid-19th Century who wrote a particular short story. For those familiar with the book, it'll give a good idea of how I think #612 will end. For those not familiar with it, I'll explain after #612. But I don't want to even influence people with my theory if I turn out to be right.
    DM me your theory?

it was cool my only question is why is electro( max dillion) back? dude was dead twice in the amazing spiderman besides that Im not sure how Daredevil is suppose to die? so cant wait for the conclusion

BANNED

Ambrose Bierce
    end of spoilers
    Ah, interesting. I see where you're going with that thought. Given how this arc began, you might be onto something.

Good issue and it was really nice seeing some familiar faces again but I can't help but feel like this is rushed. Soule seems to be trying to get as much as he can of his original plans into these final four issues and I have to say I'd have love to see what he would have done had he continued this run uninterrupted. It's such a shame. As I said, this was good, but damn, I just know it would have been so much better with some the breathing room and this is all not even including the DD stories Soule still has coming up after this run ends. This is so bittersweet.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I wasn’t referring to the Over The Edge mini-event/crossover but the Over The Edge 10-issue anthology series. This can be confusing as they both came out at around the same time and predominantly featured the same superheroes.
    The crossover consisted of the following issues: Double Edge Alpha (Pt. 1), Daredevil #344 (Pt. 2), Ghost Rider #65 (Pt. 3), Incredible Hulk #433 (Pt. 4), Doctor Strange #81 (Pt. 5), Double Edge Omega (Pt. 6) and the epilogue issue Incredible Hulk #434. The main two protagonists were Punisher and Nick Fury with Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Hulk having marked supporting roles. The Doctor Strange issue was literally limited to a few panels and was “force-fed” into the crossover.

With regards to including any of the other issues of the crossover other than Daredevil #344 in the Root of Evil Epic, I previously talked about this in an earlier post:

“I finished reading the Daredevil Root of Evil Epic Collection............The last Daredevil issue was #344 which was in fact part two of the mini-event Double Edge where a "brain-washed" Punisher is trying to take down Nick Fury. I understand them not including the majority of the other parts that were spread over Ghost Rider, Dr Strange and Hulk and most probably the whole event will be included in a Punisher Epic. However, I really believe that Double Edge Part 6 could have been included in this Daredevil Epic as Daredevil plays a decidedly substantial part in it and it brings the story to an end (there is an epilogue in a further Hulk issue but only one panel with Matt). The Epic is not the thickest around so it wouldn't have done any harm in adding it.”

The 10-issue Over The Edge anthology series consisted of ten different stories not linked to the Punisher/Nick Fury crossover. Each issue was specially priced at $0.99. Issues #1, 6 and 10 had three separate full-length Daredevil stories. For the sake of completeness, it would have been cool to have those three stories included in the Root of Evil Epic alongside Double Edge Omega in which Daredevil had a prominent supporting role and which would have rounded off the Epic nicely.

Wow I can’t believe how quickly this is being wrapped up. Is anyone planning on picking up The Man Without Fear mini series? I’m on the fence about it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I can see Mike Murdock theory proven to be true. That said, so far (and we only have one issue left) I think it's a really shallow story. I mean, this arc has 4 issues and 2 of them are basically just one long fight sequence. Granted, it was great seeing Matt use his brain to defeat all thoses criminals, but content wise, there really isn't much more than the fight and the same was true with issue 610.

This are is a lot like Soule's run: kinda entertaining but shallow. And he comes after several writers who wrote great stuff about Matt. Apart from Supreme, nothing that Soule has made in his run feels important to me. I wouldn't say it's a bad run, but it's a mediocre one. If he does stick the landing with issue 612, I may change my mind.

That said, Id Mike's theory is the real explanation, it's been done to death already...

DM me your theory?
    Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    “I finished reading the Daredevil Root of Evil Epic Collection............The last Daredevil issue was #344 which was in fact part two of the mini-event Double Edge where a "brain-washed" Punisher is trying to take down Nick Fury. I understand them not including the majority of the other parts that were spread over Ghost Rider, Dr Strange and Hulk and most probably the whole event will be included in a Punisher Epic. However, I really believe that Double Edge Part 6 could have been included in this Daredevil Epic as Daredevil plays a decidedly substantial part in it and it brings the story to an end (there is an epilogue in a further Hulk issue but only one panel with Matt). The Epic is not the thickest around so it wouldn't have done any harm in adding it.”

The 10-issue Over The Edge anthology series consisted of ten different stories not linked to the Punisher/Nick Fury crossover. Each issue was specially priced at $0.99. Issues #1, 6 and 10 had three separate full-length Daredevil stories. For the sake of completeness, it would have been cool to have those three stories included in the Root of Evil Epic alongside Double Edge Omega in which Daredevil had a prominent supporting role and which would have rounded off the Epic nicely.
    I'm sort of on the fence. On the one hand I agree that it would have been nice to see those stories. That being said, I also think that #344 should have been included in Purgatory and Paradise instead of Root of Evil. In many ways, it's very much the start of the story that follows. I definitely don't think it should have been chosen as the cover since, although it's also the cover of the issue it comes in, it's very much a spoiler.

Are the Over the Edge stories with Daredevil pure standalones with no need to read the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Wow I can’t believe how quickly this is being wrapped up. Is anyone planning on picking up The Man Without Fear mini series? I’m on the fence about it.
    I'm picking it up. The covers are cool, at least. It's without Daredevil but it's really the only story about Daredevil that will be on the market.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Leaning towards getting it. Might depend on what we find out about the future of DD in February solicits. Really hope there'll be news of a relaunch soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    This are is a lot like Soule's run: kinda entertaining but shallow. And he comes after several writers who wrote great stuff about Matt. Apart from Supreme, nothing that Soule has made in his run feels important to me. I wouldn't say it's a bad run, but it's a mediocre one.
    Agreed. It's never been poor enough to prompt me to drop the book but at the same time, Soule's run has rarely excited me. It's been ok. Hoping the next team will bring some real heat to the book.