Page 82 of 103 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1544

Zdarsky is such a great choice. He wrote some really moving issues of Spectacular. I mean, the Jonah reveal, the sandman stuff, his last issue... it's some damn good stuff. His two-in-one run is also really really really good. What I like about his work is that it's always : characters first. Which is badly needed for DD after Soule's kinda entertaining but bland work.

And Chechetto on the art? Damn, are we in for a treat!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Interview from 2011 with Marco Chechetto on manwithoutfear.com site:

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/darede...ews/Checchetto

Marco Chechetto preview art from Daredevil #507:

Daredevil #612 "Artist Variant" by Kyle Hotz:

Daredevil #612 Bill Everett Remastered Variant:

BANNED

I think Chechetto will do a better work than his previous work on Daredevil(i.e Shadowland) . I mean as much as I have seen his art from Avengers World to Old Man Hawkeye , he has certainly led himself to the next level imo .

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Marco Chechetto preview art from Daredevil #507:

I like it, but why is the holster on the wrong leg?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Of all the silly things that comic fans choose to get their nuts in a bunch over, re-numbering is - if you'll excuse me - #1.

What, really, is the problem? Re-numbering is a convenient way for publishers to signal a new beginning, a new era, and to mark an issue as a easy starting point for new or lapsed readers.

If you're someone who's been reading all along, what's the difference between buying Daredevil #614, or whatever issue it may be, and Daredevil #1 - especially if the issue also includes the legacy numbering along with the new #1? Easy enough to just file that issue in your long box behind the last issue of the previous volume and continue on. I've been doing it for years with various volumes of various titles from both DC and Marvel and I've never had a problem organizing my collection.

I care about what's in the issue. I care about the characters involved. And I care about the creative team. If a publisher wants to put a new #1 on the cover as a way to better market a book, how would that possibly be an impediment to my enjoyment of the actual issue? What would I possibly find offensive about it? That a publisher is trying to increase sales on a title? Yes, God forbid a publisher actually have a vested interest in SELLING COMICS, which is, you know, the way they stay in business.

Or am I supposed to be put out that some readers who might have been scared off my a high numbered issue will choose give a #1 a shot and because of that mentality, the precious numerical order of my collection is disturbed? I don't know. As someone who's been reading comics for forty some odd years, I don't get it.

If a creative team I like leaves a book and I don't like the new one, I'll jump ship. But I've never dropped a book over re-numbering. It's such a meaningless thing to get hung up about.
    Kind of agree with this. I don't mind renumbering when it is used to signify the beginning of a new creative team. At this stage, that is what should be the norm. I don't like renumbering when it is the same creative team carrying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Kind of agree with this. I don't mind renumbering when it is used to signify the beginning of a new creative team. At this stage, that is what should be the norm. I don't like renumbering when it is the same creative team carrying on.
    Yeah it makes the most sense to do it this way anyway. Plus, like I mentioned before, the legacy numbering is still on the cover. So you get the new numbering for the new volume and the total numbering for all those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Renumbering in the middle of Waid's run was extremely annoying. I know it was a new chapter for Matt in San Francisco but it was still the same creative team.

If the creative team or writer is in for the long haul, I probably will be fine with renumbering and of course if they leave the legacy numbering.

I'm still not a fan, though. Look at Daredevil Vol. 2 (1998) - if they had renumbering, there would have been at least five or six No. 1's. I don't even want to go into Daredevil Vol. 1 (1964).

Btw, my first ever Daredevil comic was #177 in the early 1980s. The high number never bothered me in the slightest, I just wanted to read good comics.

I don't care what the numbering is. Daredevil is my favorite Marvel character and one of my favorite characters in general so this title will more than likely always be on my pull list. I mean the writing would have to be truly terrible for me to remove this title, which thankfully DD has had fantastic creative teams throughout his history.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I don't care what the numbering is. Daredevil is my favorite Marvel character and one of my favorite characters in general so this title will more than likely always be on my pull list. I mean the writing would have to be truly terrible for me to remove this title, which thankfully DD has had fantastic creative teams throughout his history.
    Agreed. Nmbers are just that, numbers. A great story is what matters the most.

It's worked out for Daredevil for a while where creative teams have normally stayed on for lengthy runs. So the relaunching and renumbering hasn't been AS confusing as some other characters and books.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I like it, but why is the holster on the wrong leg?
    Haha when those pages first came out those were my thoughts exactly!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    So the Devil is back...

Attachment 73797
    I was patiently waiting for something that might pique my interest after Soule. It looks like I'll be jumping back on in February. LuvLoveLOVE! Checchetto's art.