Page 58 of 103 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Daredevil by Jorge Fornes

BANNED

Even with his worst physical condition which eventually came to some senses afterwards, Matt was beating the crap out of someone who can use any material as a lethal weapon against his opponent . truly The Man Without Fear .

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    If anyone cares to explain, I’d love to know what, in their opinion, makes Soule’s run anything less than, IMO, not only one of the best runs on the character but easily one the best comics currently being published?
    While I do like Soule's run and have loved it recently, I think the main reason I would say that it is not one of the best runs on the character is that it feels so inconsistent. Some arcs have been amazing- the mayor fisk stuff and the recent stuff with Noto but the beginning of the run was just incredibly bland. To the point that I was only hanging onto the book because I have every DD issue and didn't want to break up the collection. The early two to three arcs did nothing to really justify just retconning waid's run (which while I enjoyed I can admit has some serious flaws and went way off the rails at times especially at the end). The whole mystery of how his secret identity got restored took way to long to deliver on, anytime Marvel does the whole "we will tell you how all this happened" routine it goes on for too long and underwhelms. I love DD having the secret identity back but restoring to the whole only foggy knows was annoying because we have to essentially reread the other heroes discovering Matt Murdock is Daredevil bit, plus it took something from the overall arc of DD as a character in my opinion that fisk no longer knows. Overall I think it's a solid run but it bungled it's beginning and now appears to be leading to another "death" that fans don't want and where we don't get the character for a couple of years followed by marvel milking DD fans for the next year with weekly aftermath series and 4.99 one shots that tease his return. Probably followed with a new number one with a replacement character (blindspot???) as the new daredevil, All so that in a couple of years marvel can jam fans for 4.99 an issue on the "return of Daredevil" run which we just had less than a decade ago. Followed by a brand new 5 dollar #1 issue that basically restores it back to Matt. Overall I like some of Soule's stuff but the guy seems to deliver underwhelming stuff at times, he has handled 2 of my 3 favorite marvel characters and this is the second time he is killing one of them off and that annoys me to no end.

Overall the first issue of death of daredevil was great but it's hard to get invested in all that is happening because as much as I want a DD/Elektra pairing all of what happens is gonna be undone by his death and eventual return where all the developments that happen in this arc just get ignored in the "mighty marvel fashion" that they currently do anytime they kill off a character lately.

Also completely unrelated to the run but thank god for season 3, as much as the whole impending death has me down this season makes it a great time to be a dd fan.
    Last edited by regg215; 10-19-2018 at 07:05 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

I'm halfway through season 3 and it is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    While I do like Soule's run and have loved it recently, I think the main reason I would say that it is not one of the best runs on the character is that it feels so inconsistent. Some arcs have been amazing- the mayor fisk stuff and the recent stuff with Noto but the beginning of the run was just incredibly bland. To the point that I was only hanging onto the book because I have every DD issue and didn't want to break up the collection. The early two to three arcs did nothing to really justify just retconning waid's run (which while I enjoyed I can admit has some serious flaws and went way off the rails at times especially at the end). The whole mystery of how his secret identity got restored took way to long to deliver on, anytime Marvel does the whole "we will tell you how all this happened" routine it goes on for too long and underwhelms. I love DD having the secret identity back but restoring to the whole only foggy knows was annoying because we have to essentially reread the other heroes discovering Matt Murdock is Daredevil bit, plus it took something from the overall arc of DD as a character in my opinion that fisk no longer knows. Overall I think it's a solid run but it bungled it's beginning and now appears to be leading to another "death" that fans don't want and where we don't get the character for a couple of years followed by marvel milking DD fans for the next year with weekly aftermath series and 4.99 one shots that tease his return. Probably followed with a new number one with a replacement character (blindspot???) as the new daredevil, All so that in a couple of years marvel can jam fans for 4.99 an issue on the "return of Daredevil" run which we just had less than a decade ago. Followed by a brand new 5 dollar #1 issue that basically restores it back to Matt. Overall I like some of Soule's stuff but the guy seems to deliver underwhelming stuff at times, he has handled 2 of my 3 favorite marvel characters and this is the second time he is killing one of them off and that annoys me to no end.

Overall the first issue of death of daredevil was great but it's hard to get invested in all that is happening because as much as I want a DD/Elektra pairing all of what happens is gonna be undone by his death and eventual return where all the developments that happen in this arc just get ignored in the "mighty marvel fashion" that they currently do anytime they kill off a character lately.

Also completely unrelated to the run but thank god for season 3, as much as the whole impending death has me down this season makes it a great time to be a dd fan.
    Fair enough. While I obviously disagree and have found great enjoyment in arcs you may not have, I do understand all your points. And yes, even though I'm only a couple episodes into season three, yea, good times!

Finish the binge worth the wait
    spoilers:
    So I was wrong in thinking he was going to get a new suit by the end of the season something akin to his All New All Different suit. But I didn't mind the throwback to Season 1 Matt. Hopefully, Melvin comes back somehow. I feel that show succeeded in going back to the basics. Fisk was great and the actor plays him so well. Bullseye was dope I sorry for him when they killed that red hair girl he literally just got her back.I like how he wasn't great in close-combat against Matt but once he got a little space he was lethal! Can't wait for his return next season cause Matt didn't beat him one-on-one I would say he was close though. I'm surprised that they took down Fisk this season because I was starting to believe that Fisk might actually get away. Glad to get Karen backstory finally and seeing Foggy family too wasn't bad. I actually enjoyed Foggy more this season than previous seasons. Towards the end of the season, it did feel like we were repeating the same things like season 1 with Matt trying to decide to kill Fisk and Foggy like use the law. Thats all I have to say about Season 3 cant wait for season 4 hopefully Matt goes back to Red.
    end of spoilers

My Saturday will be devoted to Daredevil season 3, hyped!!

Just about half way through and I am done with Karen and Foggy’s scenes. They are relentlessly uninteresting and are so separate from Daredevil and “Kingpin” I just don’t care. My mind wonders to other things when they come on screen. It’s as if they’re just getting scenes to get scenes. My goodness do I not care. This is my first time through so I thought I’ve give them a shot. I really tried but goodness their scenes are ROUGH. When Matt asked Karen to help do what she’s been trying to the whole season and says no that was it. I was done. Karen and Foggys scenes are mind-numbingly pointless and add NOTHING. And their scenes in particular have a lot of that thing where someone adamantly refuses to do something then caves in a moment later. That is so annoying! Just wastes of screen time!

Other than that, rest of the show is good! That long take in episode four was impressive! Wow! And “The Kingpin” is more like The Kingpin here than he’s ever been before.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-19-2018 at 11:22 PM.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! That DD vs Bullseye fight!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-20-2018 at 12:08 AM.

SPOILERS

So that FBI suspects Kingpin is playing them. The only person who could put Kingpin back in jail suddenly ends up dead as soon as he’s about to talk. And the FBI thinks the person who killed the one person who could put Kingpin back in prison is Daredevil? No wonder Kingpin is playing then so easily.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-20-2018 at 12:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    OMG!!!!!!!!!! That DD vs Bullseye fight!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    I think Matt was still bossing him in H2H which is truly impressive , taking regard that Matt was really in bad shape from the beginning .

BANNED

Just finished the whole season!!! I wanted to know about Dex's origin from DD fans whether they think it was good or not?? but I liked how he was portrayed as psychopath , the kind of danger he is. I have some mixed feelings for this season but I felt this S3 was really great .

But I really wanted to knw from DD fans(since I am not DD reader) whether it was good or average therefore free to rate this season out of 10 and also rate those important characters(Like Matt,Foggy, Karen,Fisk,Bullseye,Nadeem, and others characters which u felt important) from S3 performances

Astonishing Member

Halfway mark and its much better than S2. Ep 4-6 are the best so far. THAT long take fight!

About halfway through as well. I love the directions they're taking Foggy and Karen. I love the development Dex gets. Very similar to Billy Russo's treatment in Punisher. I'll wait until I finish to rank it among the other seasons and MCU Netflix shows, but it's promising.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    About halfway through as well. I love the directions they're taking Foggy and Karen. I love the development Dex gets. Very similar to Billy Russo's treatment in Punisher. I'll wait until I finish to rank it among the other seasons and MCU Netflix shows, but it's promising.
    I like what they’ve done with Bullseye as well. There’s some actual depth of character here very much unlike the comic book counterpart.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-20-2018 at 10:47 AM.