Page 29 of 103 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MARVEL KNIGHTS 20TH #3 (OF 6)
    TINI HOWARD WITH DONNY CATES (W) • Damian Couceiro (A)
    Cover by GEOFF SHAW
    Variant Cover by JAE LEE
    Connecting Variant Cover by KAARE ANDREWS
    THE 20th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF THE GAME-CHANGING MARVEL KNIGHTS IMPRINT CONTINUES!
    • Bruce was happy in his life. At peace.
    • But that was before the notes came every night.
    • Scrawled in a childlike hand. Driving him to seek out others like him.
    • The blind man. The law officer. The self-defense instructor.
    • Together, they must probe the very darkest parts of the soul on a quest for identity.
    • A mystery that can only be unraveled…a threat that can only be challenged…by Knights.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ Â…$3.99

DAREDEVIL: BACK IN BLACK VOL. 7 TPB
    Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Penciled by MIKE HENDERSON
    Cover by Dan Mora
    Daredevil’s plan to enlist the heroes of New York City to take down Mayor Fisk has crumbled. But with Hornhead captured and Fisk high on victory, neither of them can see the bigger picture: a looming threat that will change the entire landscape of the city! When the former Kingpin falls victim to a deadly ambush by the Hand, Daredevil finds himself back in the fight. Now, he must gather allies — both as Daredevil and Matt Murdock — in the face of an overwhelming enemy. Enter: the Order of the Dragon! Will these new players help DD stem the chaos — or unleash fresh horror? Meanwhile, Wilson Fisk rarely stays down for long. But when he finds his feet once more, who will he discover sitting at his desk? Collecting DAREDEVIL (2015) #601-605.
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99

MARVEL KNIGHTS: DAREDEVIL BY BENDIS, JENKINS, GALE & MACK: UNUSUAL SUSPECTS TPB
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, PAUL JENKINS, BOB GALE, DAVID MACK, BRETT MATTHEWS & MORE
    Penciled by ROB HAYNES, PHIL WINSLADE, DAVE ROSS, GENE COLAN, DAVID MACK & VATCHE MAVLIAN
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Dazzling Daredevil stories from creators without fear! When the staff that once belonged to his mentor, Stick, is stolen, Matt Murdock is determined to get it back — even if that means joining an ancient ninja battle between the Seven and the Hand! When villains from Gladiator to Stilt-Man target the Kingpin, DD and his old friend Spider-Man must stand in the way! When a rich client hires Matt to sue Daredevil, it’s time for everyone’s favorite attorney to play to the camera — but where does the Jester fit in? And Echo returns, courtesy of her co-creator, David Mack! In a bid to pick up the pieces of her shattered life, Maya Lopez embarks on a Native American vision quest — but she never expected to encounter Wolverine! Collecting DAREDEVIL: NINJA #1-3, DAREDEVIL/SPIDER-MAN #1-4, DAREDEVIL (1998) #20-25 and #51-55 and SPIDER-MAN/DAREDEVIL #1.
    472 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No, they're fine. Daredevil's been stable in the low to mid twenties for some time.

DD's never been a huge seller. As long as it's maintaining consistent numbers, it's fine.

Will they goose those numbers with a relaunch? Yeah, of course. But if it simply kept performing at the numbers it's been at, it's not as though it'd be in any danger of cancellation.
    No, these figures are not fne at all. I can't remember them being this low i.e. below 24k. At the beginning of 2018 they were around 27-30k. Around this time last year, they were 25-30k, and two years ago they were at 40k. Heck, even the Daredevil Annual was at 39k two years ago. The Daredevil figures are most definitely decreasing. You only have to backtrack the figures each month to see that. Now saying that, I don't think they will cancel Daredevil, as Matt has a regular following and it doesn't hurt that that the Netflix series is quite popular and well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    No, these figures are not fne at all. I can't remember them being this low i.e. below 24k. At the beginning of 2018 they were around 27-30k. Around this time last year, they were 25-30k, and two years ago they were at 40k. Heck, even the Daredevil Annual was at 39k two years ago. The Daredevil figures are most definitely decreasing. You only have to backtrack the figures each month to see that. Now saying that, I don't think they will cancel Daredevil, as Matt has a regular following and it doesn't hurt that that the Netflix series is quite popular and well received.
    Figures get lower and lower industry wide every year. I'm not saying < 24k is good by any means, but that's what consistency gets you these days. People don't have the attention spans or patience for lengthy runs anymore. Plus Daredevil is always sort of an "under the radar" book to begin with. A relaunch with a new #1 is fine by me. I don't care. A relaunch with a new #1 AND creative team is ludicrous.

On a more heartening note, there are two issues next month and another two the month after that! It’s disappointing there’s no DD in December but there are still lots of issues to come even before then and the debut of a new villain to be excited about!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-18-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Figures get lower and lower industry wide every year. I'm not saying < 24k is good by any means, but that's what consistency gets you these days. People don't have the attention spans or patience for lengthy runs anymore. Plus Daredevil is always sort of an "under the radar" book to begin with. A relaunch with a new #1 is fine by me. I don't care. A relaunch with a new #1 AND creative team is ludicrous.
    Yes!! Although I don’t think it has so much to do with a lack of attention spans as it does, as you allude to, that Daredevil is just not that popular of a character even with the generally well received Netflix show. This run has been incredible and the consistency is a huge part of that as with previous runs. I have to think the drop in numbers, apart from the natural course of sales attrition that tend to happen with most titles as you mentioned, is the alarming number of comic shops that have been closing one after the other in the last couple or more years. All those closed shop are copies no longer ordered resulting in less and less sales for a comic that already wasn’t a top seller despite it’s stellar quality.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-18-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Haven't we seen that the book is continuing to 614?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Haven't we seen that the book is continuing to 614?
    Have we? As I recall 612 in November is last issue before no issue in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Have we? As I recall 612 in November is last issue before no issue in December.
    #612 is the cover with Karen on it reading "The End?" After that I have no idea if anything's been said

#612 is the cover with Karen on it reading "The End?" After that I have no idea if anything's been said
    It could turn out be a variant, but I think that was just a teaser image for the announcement on Friday. This is the superlative cover for 612.

Last edited by Nanashi; 09-18-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Yes!! Although I don’t think it has so much to do with a lack of attention spans as it does, as you allude to, that Daredevil is just not that popular of a character even with the generally well received Netflix show. This run has been incredible and the consistency is a huge part of that as with previous runs. I have to think the drop in numbers is, apart from the natural course of sales attrition that tend to happen with most titles as you mentioned, the alarming number comic shops that have been closing one after the other in the last couple or more years. All those closed shop are copies no longer ordered resulting in less and less sales for a comic that already wasn’t a top seller despite it’s stellar quality.
    That’s a shame because Daredevil is such a fantastic character who has had consistently good to great writers from the beginning.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by jekyll View Post
    that’s a shame because daredevil is such a fantastic character who has had consistently good to great writers from the beginning.
    For real!!!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

For some reason, I thought they said that was #614's cover.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    For some reason, I thought they said that was #614's cover.
    You could be right. I forgot about the other cover Nanashi shared.