Page 36 of 103 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

I would love for Donny Cates to add Daredevil to his duties. He is a fantastic writer!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I nominate Christopher Priest for the next Daredevil writer. Hopefully he'll get a chance to take it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Gerry Duggan with Mike Deodato and Marco Checchetto rotating. That's my dream team.
    Both good choices! I hadn't thought about Priest at all but that would be really cool.

And Deodato and Checchetto would be a killer team. Deodato's work has been a little sloppy on Infinity Wars but I know he's still got the chops to deliver and Checchetto would totally kill it on DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Daredevil and Elektra by Chris Samnee

Love Chris Samnee's art!! Thanks for sharing!

As for potential replacements for Soule, I would echo a previous posters comment about Matthew Rosenberg, I thought his recent Kingpin mini was quite good. I also think Ed Brisson could be a good choice as well, really enjoyed his run on Iron Fist. I would love for David Marquez to do the art; however, it's unlikely considering he will likely be leveraged for more high profile books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I thought I was the only one who didn't like his run.
    Nope.
    the low sales quantities confirm that we are not the only ones.

Astonishing Member

I knew it was bound to happen, but I wish Soule's run could go on. He did some awesome stuff in it, and I'mma hate to see it go.

Chief of all for me was his creation and inclusion Sam Chung/Blindspot. That character and his relationship to Daredevil/Matt was beyond brilliant and at times very much sweet. My only real hope now is that whomever takes up writing Daredevil will keep this inclusion and elevate the likes of Blindspot/Sam with Foggy Nelson. I don't want Soule's era to be lost, covered up, or forgotten.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I would love for Donny Cates to add Daredevil to his duties. He is a fantastic writer!
    Isn't Donny Cates writing MKs for its 20th Anniversary???

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Isn't Donny Cates writing MKs for its 20th Anniversary???
    He is! So we will get to see how he does writing the man without fear. I have been impressed with all of his work so far especially on Venom. This is the first time in my life I am reading a solo Venom title.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    He is! So we will get to see how he does writing the man without fear. I have been impressed with all of his work so far especially on Venom. This is the first time in my life I am reading a solo Venom title.
    Yeah his Death of Inhumans is also good imo but I think I would recommend Nick Spencer among current Marvel writers to write DD,since he had done some good job with Infinity and especially Captain America Steve Rogers, his written work was kinda of dark and mysterious during Steve Rogers run ....

Personally I would love to see Jeff Lemire with Andrea Sorrentino or Greg Smallwood on the Daredevil relaunch

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Guys, sorry to break into the thread, but I'm trying to start reading about Daredevil, and I don't know where to start... Can someone please help me? Which books are the best? Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    While I agree 1000% that Born Again is not just the best Daredevil story, its one of the best stories in comics, I am not sure if that would be my first recommendation for someone just getting into the character. I would probably, at the very least, start with Miller's Man without Fear and then his run on main title first before reading Born Again. After Born Again I would just fast forward to Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil (not a huge fan of the story; however, a lot of stuff happens that sets the foundation for whats to follow), then I would recommend DD: Yellow, Parts of Hole, then Bendis, Brubaker and Waid's respective runs.
    I think this is a great reading list for a DD first-timer. I would also add the very first issues of the original Silver Age run as there are some very key issues in particular first appearances. These can be read by either obtaining the DD Marvel Masterworks Vol. 1 or DD Epic Collection Vol. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Just came around to thank everybody that helped me with how to start reading Daredevil. So I guess the consensus is Man Without Fear? I'll start right away.
    Enjoy. If you get to like Daredevil a lot and get through all of the reading list, try and get hold of Denny O’Neil's run (one of my favourites). Unfortunately, most of this is only available in floppies. Also the Shadowland event is an interesting read especially if you become a Daredevil fan.

Daredevil by Jorge Fornes

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Personally I would love to see Jeff Lemire with Andrea Sorrentino or Greg Smallwood on the Daredevil relaunch
    Yup. I LOVED their Old Man Logan run. Would totally be open to them on Daredevil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup. I LOVED their Old Man Logan run. Would totally be open to them on Daredevil
    Lemire's Sentry was also not bad imo

I've warmed up to Soule's run, but to me, it's definitely not a great run, it's an okay one. I can't say I'm sad to see Soule go. I don't want DD to go, though.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    While I agree 1000% that Born Again is not just the best Daredevil story, its one of the best stories in comics, I am not sure if that would be my first recommendation for someone just getting into the character. I would probably, at the very least, start with Miller's Man without Fear and then his run on main title first before reading Born Again. After Born Again I would just fast forward to Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil (not a huge fan of the story; however, a lot of stuff happens that sets the foundation for whats to follow), then I would recommend DD: Yellow, Parts of Hole, then Bendis, Brubaker and Waid's respective runs.
    I would start with Miller's original run even before Man Without Fear (that being said, I read Man Without Fear first). Then read Born Again.

ETA: As for choice for the next writer, I've been saying Christopher Priest for awhile, but Gerry Duggan is an interesting suggestion.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?