Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It feels like the road to Shadowland....

BAD road... BADDDDD road!!!
    That never occurred to me but I have to think they know better than that. Plus they’ve already ran the course of the Hand, anyhow.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-20-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The Daredevil who forgives his enemies. The one who has compassion and is trying to save his city without losing that. He's a vigilante to protect people, not to punish wrongdoers. He's a character who fundamentally believes in the law and in justice even if he has to break the law to achieve it.
    I think they could still go that direction within this same season actually. Perhaps he goes a bit too far and realizes the errors of his new path of embracing darkness and through an arc finishes the season as you describe there. Maybe a bit too cliche but I don’t think it’s out of the question.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-20-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They could, but they've gone in this direction with only hints at the direction I'd like for 34 episodes counting the Defenders. I'm not optimistic they'll change paths.

Don't worry everyone who is saying Shadowlands. This is clearly shades of Fall From Grace instead
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

I hate that the only character beat they have to seem for Matt is Matt is trying to decide just how violent he needs to be in his obsessed war on crime.
    I'm not sure that's a fair assessment of the show's work with Murdock. Especially in light of S2's examination of Matt and repressed violence/rebellion. He's almost an adrenelaine junkie, in a way. Less Batman, obsessive, than Bruce Banner, repressed.

We can debate the execution all anybody wants, but S2 is rich with thematic material. Some of which is indeed the violence relative to murder stuff. But that's only one of really three or four major pillars of the season. And is less about Matt's choice, made in S1, than it is about how that choice is viewed externally, by others.

They could, but they've gone in this direction with only hints at the direction I'd like for 34 episodes counting the Defenders. I'm not optimistic they'll change paths.

Don't worry everyone who is saying Shadowlands. This is clearly shades of Fall From Grace instead
    Sure... but Fall from Grace wasn't much better. :P

It was so generally disregarded that Bendis retold the same story and Marvel acted like it was new and edgy >.<

Lol

So Daredevil's Twitter account has been posting Bible verses for awhile. I went and looked up all the ones I found going back to January of this year. There's an interesting trend circling back to the discussion of Matt's character path. One of the interesting things is the earlier ones seem to be closer to what I'm looking for while things turn more towards the hand of God and vengeance as they go along. Job 30:26 seems to be the turning point where Matt's despair is seen and things get darker. I don't go on Twitter so I'll have to remember to keep an eye on these as we get closer to the release date.

* John 12:40 - "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them."
    * Romans: 12:21 - "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
    * Isaiah 1:17 - "Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow."
    * Job 12:22 - "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light."
    * Job 30:26 - "Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness."
    * Romans 2:8 - "But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."
    * Deuteronomy 30:15 - "See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction."

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I think this season we’ll finally see Wilson truely become the Kingpin. So that should be fun (well.. for us. Not so much for Matt & his pals).

I wonder what Matt’s “breaking point” that makes him go full DD will be.

Lol

So Daredevil's Twitter account has been posting Bible verses for awhile. I went and looked up all the ones I found going back to January of this year. There's an interesting trend circling back to the discussion of Matt's character path. One of the interesting things is the earlier ones seem to be closer to what I'm looking for while things turn more towards the hand of God and vengeance as they go along. Job 30:26 seems to be the turning point where Matt's despair is seen and things get darker. I don't go on Twitter so I'll have to remember to keep an eye on these as we get closer to the release date.

* John 12:40 - "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them."
    * Isaiah 1:17 - "Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow."
    * Job 12:22 - "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light."
    * Job 30:26 - "Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness."
    * Romans 2:8 - "But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."
    * Deuteronomy 30:15 - "See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction."
    That’s really cool.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Lol

Maybe they’re some of the episode titles?

Not implausible, although I'll be skeptical. If the title is just the bible verse citation, it would not have any immediate recognition. But the verse is a little too long. I would love it to appear in the episode itself (I'd have to check whether the King James version is the better version or not).

I've read some comments on the FB and YT pages for the teaser. I know not everybody read comics, but you would think people who watched season 1 and 2 would have a sense of who Matt is. And yet, there are a lot of people hoping for Matt to become more like the punisher.

Daredevil is my favorite Netflix/MCU product and I'm pretty excited for season 3.

The teasers are bringing the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I've read some comments on the FB and YT pages for the teaser. I know not everybody read comics, but you would think people who watched season 1 and 2 would have a sense of who Matt is. And yet, there are a lot of people hoping for Matt to become more like the punisher.
    This is certainly interesting, as personally I never really saw the appeal of the Punisher outside of him being a philosophical opposition to those heroes who take the approach of not killing. It's certainly not a road I want Matt to go down, though I do find his struggle with it to be quite compelling. I do find it interesting that the causal viewer/non-comic reader finds the

As for the season itself, I am excited that I do have similar fears that Mike has expressed. My hope is that he starts going down a dark path and realizes he is going to far only to pull himself back. Perhaps it's through Karen that helps bring Matt back to light or that they come back together given that its been implied that her history is going to be revealed. In that sense then I could see how they could take themes from Born Again. Also, I do have to say that I love the Catholic imagery and themes, being a lapsed Catholic myself I find that it adds a lot of depth and texture to the character as is something that is rather unique, even if its something that I personally no longer follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    By far and away Typhoid Mary was the best part of IF S2. If there’s more Daredevil after season three they have to consider bringing her over especially since she is a Daredevil villain.

https://twitter.com/marvelironfist/s...427114496?s=21
    Agree 1000%, Alice Eve was amazing as Typhoid Mary and I liked what they did with the character. Liked the revised backstory, I never liked the retcon that she was the girl from the brothel that Matt accidentally knocked out the window in the Man Without Fear. And I really liked the slow burn on her third "identity", would be awesome if we see that played out in a future season of Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Agree 1000%, Alice Eve was amazing as Typhoid Mary and I liked what they did with the character. Liked the revised backstory, I never liked the retcon that she was the girl from the brothel that Matt accidentally knocked out the window in the Man Without Fear. And I really liked the slow burn on her third "identity", would be awesome if we see that played out in a future season of Daredevil.
    Yep! And although I’m a bit disappointed they didn’t adapt her comic boook design fully, I really liked and appreciated the nod to it in the scene in the bathroom when she wipes the condensation off the mirror to reveal half her face while the other half is partially obscured. Or it could have merely been a reference to her D.I.D. Or both. Either way, Pretty good.
    https://twitter.com/marvelironfist/s...243026432?s=21
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-21-2018 at 09:37 AM.