Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Who would like for a true big story with Mephisto against the entre world?

I would love to see if someone writes a story where Mephisto atacks the world, and some of the people he has screwed are forced to work together (Like Dr. Doom, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider). And the entire world literally on fire.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Honestly, I’d love to see one. Make Mephisto into a real player, and not the joke he’s been portrayed as for so long. Maybe a storyline called Hell on Earth, with a war from all the Hell Lords that spills over onto Earth.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

They could definately do a Mephisto story similar to DC's Underworld Unleashed, where Mephisto was a big threat to everyone. Mephisto rarely seems to be interested in making any BIG moves... but hes' a powerful enough player to do it if he really wanted to.

The big fight and the world being on fire type thing can really apply to any of many villains. If Mephisto is the baddie here, you want a more subtle attack where favors are done and called in. This looks a lot like Original Sin, but it could be done with better written 'favors'.

Strange, Surfer, Doom all would seem to be major players here.

Is Matt Murdock's mother still alive?

Mighty Member

It would be the most hyped game of two truths and a lie. That's for sure.

Also, Spidey or MJ need to deck Mephisto for OMD.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Count me in, especially if Spider-Man (with Mary Jane) takes center stage and finally gets some payback for OMD. Come to think of it, you could throw in the Scarlet Spiders (Ben Reilly and Kaine Parker), since Mephisto messed with them, too, in Ben's recent solo starting with the Doctor Strange: Damnation tie-in arc. Personally, I would make this a more Spider-Man-focused event, or at least one where he plays a major role, because the mass memory/history alteration Mephisto did to accommodate Peter and MJ supposedly "never" getting married could have caused something fundamental in the universe's cosmic makeup to unravel.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I’d like to see a moment between Wanda, Billy, and Tommy with Mephisto, since it was shards of his soul that was originally used to create their souls. I want to see it as a huge magic event, gathering the mystics from all over the Marvel universe.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I genuinely didn’t realise how good this idea was until I saw it. An event that’s less “punching” and more clever and outwitting him would be great. Dr Doom standing with Spidey, Doc Strange allying with Wanda. It’s perfect.
    And obviously the emotional side of things would be heartbreaking when Spidey remembers what he and MJ chose.

Not unlike Doomsday Clock, Mephisto could be in a role like Dr Manhattans in that all the deals he has made thus far was all a long game to get him to this current state of power.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d like to see a moment between Wanda, Billy, and Tommy with Mephisto, since it was shards of his soul that was originally used to create their souls. I want to see it as a huge magic event, gathering the mystics from all over the Marvel universe.
    The only Mephisto story I wanna read right now, tbh. Not sure if I'd make it an event though, 'cause I see it as more of a personal story just about those specific characters (even though they could use some help from other magic users, but I wouldn't want the likes of Doctor Strange hogging the spotlight), with Mephisto fighting to get the pieces of his soul back, while Billy and Tommy fight to save their own. And Wanda, of course, fighting to not lose her children again. How Marvel hasn't realized this is an amazing plot just waiting to happen, I don't know.

So a remake of this?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Don't forget his daughter.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think it's a great idea -- so many characters could easily take part in the event without feeling forced, because Mephisto is someone who has messed with a lot of heroes, from Spidey to the Silver Surfer.

Maybe we could get the return/revamp of the Damnation team as the main comic, with tie-ins all over the place: Peter learning about his marriage, Teddy and Billy learning about their heritage --- there are probably a lot of Mephisto-related plotlines that have been forgotten and could be brushed off. Like, remember Mephisto's warning to Nightcrawler back in his NXM-era solo?

Obviously the Slingers would have to play a role.

-Pav, who knows it goes without saying...
    Last edited by Pav; 12-29-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Don't forget his daughter.

[IMG][/IMG]
    You forgot his other daughter, Mephista.
    77FE3DE9-CC65-4061-849C-9F38DF26799E.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    You forgot his other daughter, Mephista.
    77FE3DE9-CC65-4061-849C-9F38DF26799E.jpg
    where did this character appear? is she part of the "616" or an alternate Earth? what are her powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    where did this character appear? is she part of the "616" or an alternate Earth? what are her powers?
    She's a 616 character, the daughter of Mephisto and a female human. First showed up in the late eighties to fight Dr. Strange. She has various magical abilities. You can read more about her here:
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/m...adrstrange.htm