Page 35 of 103 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Can someone please rate Soule's Daredevil run out of 10 (and explain if u want) , i just wanted to know what type of performance Soule is giving with DD
    4/10

10char

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I’m anxious to see what kind of news comes out of NYCC about this the potential for other Marvel Knights titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    A new creative team is really overdue for Daredevil.

Looking forward to it.
    Exactly. I'm totally with you on this.

This run is so boring, to say the least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Guys, sorry to break into the thread, but I'm trying to start reading about Daredevil, and I don't know where to start... Can someone please help me? Which books are the best? Many thanks!
    Start with this one, my all-time favorite!
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Garney, really? I'd agree with you but not about the art early on. The art during the Supreme arc made me seriously consider skipping the arc. But other than that the art has been gorgeous.
    In fairness to Garney, perhaps it was my dislike of the black costume that caused me to not like it early on.

I think part of the issue too was later on when the Defenders series was going on I was consistently being floored each issue by how good David Marquez's art was that the bar was set so high for Daredevil and it just didn't meet it.

I am a big of fan consistency when it comes to art in a run as well and when you think about most of the best DD runs there was (for the most part) consistent art that fit and elevated the story. Maleev and Samnee, for example, could not be more opposite when it comes to their artistic style; however, I love them both on Daredevil and there are panels from both their runs that will forever be ingrained in my memory. Same thing with Mazzucchelli, Miller/Janson, Mack, Sale. While the art has been good recently (and man does that cover of the next issue look awesome), I can't say that any has stuck with me like the aforementioned artists.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Start with this one, my all-time favorite!
    Enjoy.

While I agree 1000% that Born Again is not just the best Daredevil story, its one of the best stories in comics, I am not sure if that would be my first recommendation for someone just getting into the character. I would probably, at the very least, start with Miller's Man without Fear and then his run on main title first before reading Born Again. After Born Again I would just fast forward to Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil (not a huge fan of the story; however, a lot of stuff happens that sets the foundation for whats to follow), then I would recommend DD: Yellow, Parts of Hole, then Bendis, Brubaker and Waid's respective runs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    While I agree 1000% that Born Again is not just the best Daredevil story, its one of the best stories in comics, I am not sure if that would be my first recommendation for someone just getting into the character. I would probably, at the very least, start with Miller's Man without Fear and then his run on main title first before reading Born Again. After Born Again I would just fast forward to Kevin Smith's Guardian Devil (not a huge fan of the story; however, a lot of stuff happens that sets the foundation for whats to follow), then I would recommend DD: Yellow, Parts of Hole, then Bendis, Brubaker and Waid's respective runs.
    This. Someone new to DD definitely shouldn't start with Born Again.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This. Someone new to DD definitely shouldn't start with Born Again.
    No! While I agree it's a marvelous story and has nice art. It is not a good starting point. The first time I read it I god lost and I wanted to know why Karen Page was in this situation. For it to be an understandable story, you need to read it a few times.

Marvel should collect the full arc concerning this situation, even if there are lesser good chapters than what Miller wrote: Labor's Lost (Denis O'Neil) + Born Again (Frank Miller) + Fall of the Kingpin (G. Chichester)

A good starting point would be Miller's original arc or his mini-serie The Man Without Fear.

Here is a good chronological reading order of the main stories: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...o-read/129727/
    Last edited by jb681131; 09-22-2018 at 04:59 AM.

Man without Fear was the first DD story I bought and read. Really great introduction to the character for me.

I'm not a huge daredevil fan, but Man Without Fear is one of my favourite trades.

Daredevil and Elektra by Chris Samnee

I nominate Christopher Priest for the next Daredevil writer. Hopefully he'll get a chance to take it on.

Gerry Duggan with Mike Deodato and Marco Checchetto rotating. That's my dream team.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Yes! Thanks god. Finally! Charles Soule will leave the title, even leaving behind a trail of blood.

Goodbye, Charles Soule. Thanks for... nothing.
    I thought I was the only one who didn't like his run.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Just came around to thank everybody that helped me with how to start reading Daredevil. So I guess the consensus is Man Without Fear? I'll start right away.