Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think there'd be a lot of fans who disagree that this is one of the best runs ever.

I like it just fine but it seems like, at best, a solid but unexceptional run to me and I know that others just plain hate it.

That said, I think the worry about the numbers is largely needless. It's doing ok. Not great but not nearly bad enough for them to want to scrub the book.

Clearly a relaunch is in the works and hopefully it'll do as well as the other Fresh Start titles.
    I'd have to agree. Admittedly, while I have been enjoying it more since the Mayor Fisk arc, it still just seems incredibly...unremarkable compared to my favorite runs by the likes of Miller, Bendis, and Brubaker. Miller obviously broke new ground blurring the lines between superhero and crime book, Bendis did the unthinkable while at the same time making the world of DD actually palpable, and Brubaker just put him through the ringer. To lesser extents I've also enjoyed Nocenti's run and Chichester's Fall of the Kingpin arc. Nocenti's run was my first real introduction to the character and what Chichester did with the Kingpin was just something I had never seen done with the character before. And while I really wasn't the biggest fan of Waid's run (despite loving his takes on Flash, Superman, and Cap), it did have an identity all it's own and I see where he was going with it.

IDK, something about Soule's run (despite my greater enjoyment of more recent issues) just seems really by the numbers to me. I just don't feel much of an emotional punch the way I did with some of those previous writers and I honestly just feel less engaged and invested in the characters. Maybe if they would've concentrated on Purple Man more considering his hand in re-secreting his secret id and used Fisk elsewhere? In DD, while rightfully intimidating, he really doesn't come off as much more than a generic crimelord.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    What are the chances that the "Guardian Devil" is just Matt in a new identity?
    Maybe it's Ben Urich's son.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Maybe it's Ben Urich's son.
    Didn't Ben Urich's son also take up the mantle of the Green Goblin for a bit? Whatever happened to that guy? Wait, that was his nephew wasn't it?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Sorry, I meant his adopted son, not his actual son. Phil Urich was Hobgoblin, I believe. I'm talking about the kid from that first Bendis four-parter who came back in Daredevil: The End.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Sorry, I meant his adopted son, not his actual son. Phil Urich was Hobgoblin, I believe. I'm talking about the kid from that first Bendis four-parter who came back in Daredevil: The End.
    Oh, right! God, I haven't read that one in forever...

Just read the Supreme arc for Soule's run, it was good and pretty inreresting, Purple was kind of average, but it probably a smooth way to gove Matt his secret back was impossible. As i said before, the beginning didn't impress me but it has been more or less improving.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Just read the Supreme arc for Soule's run, it was good and pretty inreresting, Purple was kind of average, but it probably a smooth way to gove Matt his secret back was impossible. As i said before, the beginning didn't impress me but it has been more or less improving.
    Awesome. It only gets better!

I've really enjoyed Soule's work on Daredevil. I'm not entirely certain I'll be picking up the Man Without Fear weekly stuff coming out in January. Mainly because it's weekly. A trade won't be too far behind it.

I do wonder when we'll hear about the new DD volume since the last 3-4 issues are all smashed up to Oct-Nov.

I do also wonder if they do kill off Matt, the next writer will just bring him back and abandon the next DD thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I've really enjoyed Soule's work on Daredevil. I'm not entirely certain I'll be picking up the Man Without Fear weekly stuff coming out in January. Mainly because it's weekly. A trade won't be too far behind it.
    MK20, that’ll actually have Daredevil, will be coming out too, anyhow. But I’m still very interested the weekly series.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I do wonder when we'll hear about the new DD volume since the last 3-4 issues are all smashed up to Oct-Nov.

I do also wonder if they do kill off Matt, the next writer will just bring him back and abandon the next DD thing.
    I'd like to finish The Man Without Fear without being spoiled by the next volume, but I suspect we'll know if the February solicits.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL: BACK IN BLACK VOL. 8 – DEATH OF DAREDEVIL TPB
    Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Penciled by PHIL NOTO
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    Spinning out of the events of HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: WEAPON LOST, Matt Murdock faces a nightmare beyond his wildest dreams! The “twin brother” Matt once created as a cover story — Mike Murdock — is now flesh and blood! Much more than just Daredevil’s alter alter ego, Mike has motivations of his own — plus all of Matt’s cunning and skill to bring his dreams to fruition. And things get worse as Mike zeroes in on the people Matt cares about most! If DD can survive this double trouble, the eleventh hour draws near in his fight against New York Mayor Wilson Fisk! Determined to prove that the Kingpin cheated his way into office, Matt is pulling out all the stops. And his resolve has set him on a path that will either tear down Fisk’s empire — or cost Daredevil everything! Collecting DAREDEVIL (2015) #606-612.
    168 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99

Also this:

MARVEL UNIVERSE: TIME AND AGAIN TPB
    Written by SALADIN AHMED, TINI HOWARD, ERICA SCHULTZ, ETHAN SACKS, BRYAN EDWARD HILL, EMILY LERNER, SEANAN MCGUIRE & DENNIS HOPELESS
    Penciled by GARRY BROWN, CHRIS SPROUSE, RON LIM, MARCIO TAKARA, ANDRE LIMA ARAUJO, MARCO FAILLA, DJIBRIL MORISSETTE-PHAN & MORE
    Cover by ACO
    Untold tales of your favorite Marvel heroes! Before Spider-Man discovered his black costume was a symbiote, what nighttime adventures did it take him on? On an advance scouting mission during World War II, Captain America and Bucky face one of their longest nights! Discover the first meeting between Daredevil and hero-hating NYPD Detective Misty Knight! Join the Silver Surfer on a fateful hunt for a planet to feed to his master, Galactus! Learn what spider-powered teen Miles Morales was up to during the Skrull Secret Invasion! Witness Kitty Pryde’s first kiss! And join Sgt. Fury and the Howling Commandos as they encounter the living island Krakoa! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (2018) #1, CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL (2018) #1, DAREDEVIL ANNUAL (2018) #1, SILVER SURFER ANNUAL (2018) #1, SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1, X-MEN: GOLD ANNUAL #2 and JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY: THE BIRTH OF KRAKOA.
    232 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, this is a strange one. Comichron links this comic to the following: https://m.ebay.com/sch/Modern-Age-19...77ece6fffa2dc5

The cover is from Daredevil (1998) #80 which was Bendis and Maleev and has Black Widow and Elektea on the cover.
    Danny, Luke and Jessica are all in that issue, the first two as the Heroes for Hire.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Daredevil_Vol_2_80
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Danny, Luke and Jessica are all in that issue, the first two as the Heroes for Hire.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Daredevil_Vol_2_80
    It's pushing it a bit. Probably would have been better going with Defenders #1 by Bendis or if we are being more historically correct, I would go with one of the below: