Page 81 of 103 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1544
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    So the Devil is back...

Attachment 73797
    Woooooo!!! Very cool team. Checchetto is just an ace choice. It'd be a crime for him to not have a DD run.

And Z'Darsky is unexpected but I'm excited. His Spectacular and Marvel Two-In-One runs were far from being all jokes. He did some really serious, heartfelt stuff in those books so I'm not worried about him not being able to do justice to DD.

Can't wait to hear more about his plans for the book!

https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1063201609684000769

I've talked with @CharlesSoule a LOT about this already, but it's an honour to follow his legendary run on this title. And to do it with such a stunning artist in @MChecC! And thanks to @Marvel for letting me illustrate and design our promo image. We are ALL IN on this book

So the Devil is back...

Attachment 73797
    Love Zdarsky’s Marvel 2 in 1! Excited for this!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

LOL I love it. He posted another tweet about it but must have taken it down. What I remember from it was him saying Chip's pitch at the retreat was the most exciting.

All-New Member

Another #1?

I know I’m cutting my nose off to spite my face, but that’s the end of Daredevil for me. I’m fed up of Marvel cancelling books and relaunching straight away with a new #1, so I made a decision recently that after Uncanny #1, I wasn’t going to continue with relaunched series’. Daredevil will be my first casualty

So the Devil is back...

Attachment 73797
    Not bad. I liked Zdarsky on Two In One and Checchetto has had some beautiful stints on Daredevil before. This may be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Another #1?

I know I’m cutting my nose off to spite my face, but that’s the end of Daredevil for me. I’m fed up of Marvel cancelling books and relaunching straight away with a new #1, so I made a decision recently that after Uncanny #1, I wasn’t going to continue with relaunched series’. Daredevil will be my first casualty
    That’s really a shame and you may want to reconsider. I presume you, like most if not all, enjoy comics not so much for the number on the cover as much as for the content within. And this seems to be a promising team that may deliver some good content.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-15-2018 at 07:00 PM.

BANNED

Another #1?

I know IÂ’m cutting my nose off to spite my face, but thatÂ’s the end of Daredevil for me. IÂ’m fed up of Marvel cancelling books and relaunching straight away with a new #1, so I made a decision recently that after Uncanny #1, I wasnÂ’t going to continue with relaunched seriesÂ’. Daredevil will be my first casualty
    Of all the silly things that comic fans choose to get their nuts in a bunch over, re-numbering is - if you'll excuse me - #1.

What, really, is the problem? Re-numbering is a convenient way for publishers to signal a new beginning, a new era, and to mark an issue as a easy starting point for new or lapsed readers.

If you're someone who's been reading all along, what's the difference between buying Daredevil #614, or whatever issue it may be, and Daredevil #1 - especially if the issue also includes the legacy numbering along with the new #1? Easy enough to just file that issue in your long box behind the last issue of the previous volume and continue on. I've been doing it for years with various volumes of various titles from both DC and Marvel and I've never had a problem organizing my collection.

I care about what's in the issue. I care about the characters involved. And I care about the creative team. If a publisher wants to put a new #1 on the cover as a way to better market a book, how would that possibly be an impediment to my enjoyment of the actual issue? What would I possibly find offensive about it? That a publisher is trying to increase sales on a title? Yes, God forbid a publisher actually have a vested interest in SELLING COMICS, which is, you know, the way they stay in business.

Or am I supposed to be put out that some readers who might have been scared off my a high numbered issue will choose give a #1 a shot and because of that mentality, the precious numerical order of my collection is disturbed? I don't know. As someone who's been reading comics for forty some odd years, I don't get it.

If a creative team I like leaves a book and I don't like the new one, I'll jump ship. But I've never dropped a book over re-numbering. It's such a meaningless thing to get hung up about.

Another #1?

You had to know it was coming eventually at some point to catch up with Fresh Start. This is still the same volume since Secret Wars ended. Other titles have had 2 or 3 relaunches since then. Marvel is keeping their Legacy numbering on the covers though. Something I greatly appreciate.

Plus... c'mon. This creative team is such an inspired choice to succeed Soule and Garney/Noto/et al

Regardless of the number on cover, I'm going to read about my favorite characters.

If this is excuse enough to jump ship, you've wasted a lot of money and should have jumped ship a long time ago.
    Last edited by cc008; 11-15-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Yeah, even the low numbered comics got legacy numbering on the trade dress - Unstoppable Wasp Vol 2 #1 is LGY#9. Ms. Marvel #31 is her 50th issue, so it had LGY#50 on the cover. The new Champions #1 will be LGY#28.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Another #1?

The book is getting close to 20,000. I don't like them rushing to relaunch but it'll just get cancelled if it doesn't boost its numbers.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I stopped reading after Waid left but I'm in for giving it a shot as I like the creative team. Marco's one of my top five artists currently, easy. That said, though, the man can not keep a schedule that long so I don't see him staying on past the first arc. I'd bet him starting on this is why he missed so many issues of Old Man Hawkeye.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I stopped reading after Waid left but I'm in for giving it a shot as I like the creative team. Marco's one of my top five artists currently, easy. That said, though, the man can not keep a schedule that long so I don't see him staying on past the first arc.
    Really? Maybe my memory's faulty on this but I think of Checchetto as being one of the more reliable guys out there. Out of the sixteen issues of Rucka's Punisher run (not including War Zone), for example, Checchetto did twelve. Time will tell, but I definitely see him sticking around on DD.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Another #1?

I know how you feel regarding renumbering. I also personally hate it. I've unwillingly learned to accept it. I don't think high numbering truly affects sales but I don't want to polemicize over it. The good thing is that the legacy numbering will still be on the cover which is a very good compromise all things considered. I would ask you reconsider and keep supporting our man Matt unless of course Zdarsky's run will suck then by all means show your disapproval by ceasing to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The book is getting close to 20,000. I don't like them rushing to relaunch but it'll just get cancelled if it doesn't boost its numbers.
    Although, I think it was inevitable that it would get renumbered due to flagging sales, I think it would take a lot more to get DD cancelled. I agree that 20k has been unofficially accepted as the barrier to have a comic cancelled, however there are a couple of titles selling below 20k that are still going. Ms. Marvel for example. I think one of the reasons is due to very good trade sales. Daredevil does sell pretty well in the collected editions department on a regular level.