Page 23 of 103 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

I bought Daredevil volume 2 by Bendis and Maleev and curious how it reads.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It’s excellent. That whole run is.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-12-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Fun issue. I'm really liking the idea of Mike Murdock - a constructed persona who is choosing his own paths trying to fill in the details of his life. Given everything, he doesn't necessarily come across as the Mike Murdock of old and is basically his own person.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

How timely considering some of the posts here of late!

From DAREDEVIL To IRON FIST - Every Marvel TV Show On Netflix Ranked From Worst To Best

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...o-best-a163476

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Fun issue. I'm really liking the idea of Mike Murdock - a constructed persona who is choosing his own paths trying to fill in the details of his life. Given everything, he doesn't necessarily come across as the Mike Murdock of old and is basically his own person.
    SPOILERS
    It was so well done. I actually felt sympathetic and was glad when Matt stopped Reader from erasing Mike even though Mike isn’t actually real (or is he?). Going into this issue I was thinking this arc may have been not much more than filler for once Mike was taken care of we’d be right back to where we started with no real consequences but thankfully that wasn’t the case. I was very pleasantly surprised at the direction taken and I’m interested in where that ending goes.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-12-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I’m surprised you didn’t finish The Punisher. It does take a while to get going, admittedly, but once it does get going it’s easily one of the better shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm surprised as well. I thought it was Netflix's best Marvel effort yet. Followed closely by the two DD seasons.
    Ehhhhh I've never been a Punisher fan. I enjoyed his appearance in DD season 2 but I can only take him in small doses.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    As others have said, this is a great run!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    SPOILERS
    It was so well done. I actually felt sympathetic and was glad when Matt stopped Reader from erasing Mike even though Mike isn’t actually real (or is he?). Going into this issue I was thinking this arc may have been not much more than filler for once Mike was taken care of we’d be right back to where we started with no real consequences but thankfully that wasn’t the case. I was very pleasantly surprised at the direction taken and I’m interested in where that ending goes.
    I'm glad he's sticking around too. I think it provides more avenues for story telling than if he were to be erased right away.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm glad he's sticking around too. I think it provides more avenues for story telling than if he were to be erased right away.
    Precisely!

Daredevil and co. by Sami Kivella

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Ehhhhh I've never been a Punisher fan. I enjoyed his appearance in DD season 2 but I can only take him in small doses.
    Gotta agree with that! I've always said that Punisher is a terrible and boring protagonist. I can't get behind him being the 'hero' of a story...

HOWEVER, I LOVE seeing him as an antagonist for Daredevil where their morals clash as much as their fists. Those early DD/Punisher fights over whether someone goes to jail or dies bleeding in the street were solid Gold!

I think the Punisher series was predictably flawed. the way he was trying to avenge his family.... AGAIN... was just a rehash of the DD season 2. We already SAW that... and then we got to see it again. To do Punisher right, they need to get away from the family aspect. The family is dead... he's moved on. Now he's killing ALL THE CRIMINALS. Regardless if they've ever heard of Frank Castle... they're on his list.

He's like a Terminator... can't be bought, can't be killed, can't escape... Will not stop till you're DEAD! The idea of him wrapping up his vengeance and then retiring... ehhhh That's not Punisher. It's every third action movie ever... It's also been a while since I saw it... but didn't Micro have to push him to fight? That he had given up a couple of times till Micro motivated him enough to kill more?? That seemed wrong too.

I'd have been happy if DD 2 was the be all and end all of the Punisher appearances. That was a great season, but continuing the story on and on... it didn't connect with me either. I finished it... but I'm not sure I'll bother if they do a Punisher season 2.

Marvel Comics Ramps Everything Up for Daredevil #612
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...8heVUY.twitter

What does this all mean? What’s happening?!?!?!?

WHAT. IS. HAPPENING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

https://twitter.com/manwithoutfear/s...605539330?s=21

i'll take a stab at it.

1. daredevil, ahem, dies.

2. blindspot becomes daredevil.

3. book relaunches with a #1.

4. matt comes back after 12-18 months.

5. back-to-basics relaunch with new #1.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Gotta agree with that! I've always said that Punisher is a terrible and boring protagonist. I can't get behind him being the 'hero' of a story...

HOWEVER, I LOVE seeing him as an antagonist for Daredevil where their morals clash as much as their fists. Those early DD/Punisher fights over whether someone goes to jail or dies bleeding in the street were solid Gold!

I think the Punisher series was predictably flawed. the way he was trying to avenge his family.... AGAIN... was just a rehash of the DD season 2. We already SAW that... and then we got to see it again. To do Punisher right, they need to get away from the family aspect. The family is dead... he's moved on. Now he's killing ALL THE CRIMINALS. Regardless if they've ever heard of Frank Castle... they're on his list.

He's like a Terminator... can't be bought, can't be killed, can't escape... Will not stop till you're DEAD! The idea of him wrapping up his vengeance and then retiring... ehhhh That's not Punisher. It's every third action movie ever... It's also been a while since I saw it... but didn't Micro have to push him to fight? That he had given up a couple of times till Micro motivated him enough to kill more?? That seemed wrong too.

I'd have been happy if DD 2 was the be all and end all of the Punisher appearances. That was a great season, but continuing the story on and on... it didn't connect with me either. I finished it... but I'm not sure I'll bother if they do a Punisher season 2.
    I had the opposite reaction. I'm so used to the T-1000 Punisher that I enjoyed seeing them take the character into new directions. Frank killing everyone related to his family's death and then effectively 'retiring' as the Punisher but still channeling his rage and killing urges against a wall as a construction worker. He is almost relieved when he gets a chance to kill again. That was awesome. Also him effectively 'letting go' of a chance to be with Maria so he can punish criminals but then actually trying to deal with his PTSD at the end of the season? Also interesting. Plus I like watching Frank deal with shooters who were trying to copy what he did and Bernthal is one hell of an actor.

I was skeptical about them turning the death of Frank's family as part of a conspiracy but it worked out well. As was making Jigsaw an old friend of Frank's. Best-friend-turned-villain is the oldest trick in the live action superhero book but the Frank/Jigsaw relationship is one of the better examples of that trope being done right and being leveraged well for drama.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is that image posted anywhere else or did Kuljit Mithra get an exclusive?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?