Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't get the idea that you're complaining that it's not like the comics, but praising that he's returning to the black costume.
    Remember when we talked about how the red costume just doesn’t work in live action but the black costume is not only a realistic but practical compromise? Good times.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

If "Karen" is coming back, it could be something to do with the recent Infinity event or a Karen from an alternate universe as already mentioned.

I never liked having Karen killed off but it would be quite silly to have the 616 Karen resurrected.

IMHO, Karen was always Matt's soul mate and true love.

Agreed on your last point, Raffi.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Because that teaser trailer was awesome. And heÂ’s back in black.
    yeah... I'm torn on that teaser a lot. On the one hand... I HATE the black costume with a passion... and I'm sure I'm going to hate the direction they're going with that season. He's doubling down on the dark and gritty "I'd rather die as the devil than live as matt Murdock"??? There's NOTHING about that, that I like. Born Again was a great story... but I don't think it will translate to this medium... they haven't really built him up enough to bother tearing down yet.

On the other hand... I love Daredevil and with all the shakeups, I am glad for anything promoting a new season... but yeah, that trailer left me pretty cold.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    yeah... I'm torn on that teaser a lot. On the one hand... I HATE the black costume with a passion... and I'm sure I'm going to hate the direction they're going with that season. He's doubling down on the dark and gritty "I'd rather die as the devil than live as matt Murdock"??? There's NOTHING about that, that I like. Born Again was a great story... but I don't think it will translate to this medium... they haven't really built him up enough to bother tearing down yet.

On the other hand... I love Daredevil and with all the shakeups, I am glad for anything promoting a new season... but yeah, that trailer left me pretty cold.
    All the reasons you said you hate the teaser - the tone, the direction, the black costume, the entire quote about darkness - is all so good and why I’m so excited for the new season. It’s those elements Daredevil thrives in and I couldn’t be happier that they’re returning to form. Apropos Born Again, it’s very translatable to the screen but it’s pretty clear, I think, that they’re not doing a proper adaptation for Matt’s already torn down which effectively cuts Born Again in half and skips all the Kingpins surreptitious machinations to ruin his life. At the end of Defenders we see him already in the condition he's in in the comics after finding out the Kingpin was behind everything and their confrontation so he’s presumably already at that point as season three begins. So it doesn’t even seem as though they’re really adapting Born Again as much as they’re taking elements from it.

All the reasons you said you hate the teaser - the tone, the direction, the black costume, the entire quote about darkness - is all so good and why I’m so excited for the new season. It’s those elements Daredevil thrives in and I couldn’t be happier that they’re returning to form.
    Well, I disagree wholeheartedly there. For me, Daredevil works best when there's some darkness all around him... but HE'S still the hero. The champion of the people the system fails. The guy who lost everything through an unselfish act by saving that blind man... and continues to save people every night. Miller got it. His Daredevil was about how he would rise about the muck and pain that would cripple a normal person, but still have that ability to smile and laugh. Kingpin does everything he can to beat him down... but Daredevil doesn't break.

This push that he fights crime because he likes to beat the crap out of people is just... ughh… He spent all of first season trying to decide to be the hero. Debating whether he would be a killer or not (and took way too long to come to that conclusion). Season two added to that with the philosophical debates with Punisher and he was more convinced then ever that he wouldn't stoop to the level of his enemies.

Now?? This teaser just looks like backsliding all the way back to season one. All the character development we had... just gone.

I'm actually hoping that scene is a flashback to his season 1 time.

And really the black suit?? He wore that for like ONE issue... and it wasn't even a costume then. It was whatever scraps he could find around the gym to hide his ID... Red or NOTHING for me

Apropos Born Again, it’s very translatable to the screen but it’s pretty clear, I think, that they’re not doing a proper adaptation for Matt’s already torn down which effectively cuts Born Again in half and skips all the Kingpins surreptitious machinations to ruin his life. At the end of Defenders we see him already in the condition he's in in the comics after finding out the Kingpin was behind everything and their confrontation so he’s presumably already at that point as season three begins. So it doesn’t even seem as though they’re really adapting Born Again as much as they’re taking elements from it.
    Agreed. Born Again COULD have worked as a season 3... if they had shown Matt with his life all together actually being in the courtroom and having some stability. The way they've beat him down for three seasons now, he really doesn't have anywhere to fall to. His law license, his home, his friends... he's pretty much abandoned them all already. It really does feel like they'll be starting in the middle. if anything.

Well, I disagree wholeheartedly there. For me, Daredevil works best when there's some darkness all around him... but HE'S still the hero. The champion of the people the system fails. The guy who lost everything through an unselfish act by saving that blind man... and continues to save people every night. Miller got it. His Daredevil was about how he would rise about the muck and pain that would cripple a normal person, but still have that ability to smile and laugh. Kingpin does everything he can to beat him down... but Daredevil doesn't break.
    Yep. I’m of the same thought. I get how the trailer could be taken to betray that about the character but I can’t say that quells my enthusiasm for where the mindset he has in the trailer will take him or what it’ll lead him to do.

This push that he fights crime because he likes to beat the crap out of people is just... ughh… He spent all of first season trying to decide to be the hero. Debating whether he would be a killer or not (and took way too long to come to that conclusion). Season two added to that with the philosophical debates with Punisher and he was more convinced then ever that he wouldn't stoop to the level of his enemies.

Now?? This teaser just looks like backsliding all the way back to season one. All the character development we had... just gone.
    To me the teaser is saying something more along the lines he’s had enough and is about let loose regardless of the consequences which sounds pretty exciting. Perhaps Bullseye did get someone close to him and this is him realizing that only succumbing the rage he keeps measured will allow him to take on someone that heartlessly evil.

I'm actually hoping that scene is a flashback to his season 1 time.
    Unlikely.

And really the black suit?? He wore that for like ONE issue... and it wasn't even a costume then. It was whatever scraps he could find around the gym to hide his ID... Red or NOTHING for me
    Red or nothing all day, yes! But red doesn’t work well in live action as the show’s horrendous version has proven unquestionably. So black it is, and thankfully the black is awesome and makes more sense in the realistic world the show takes place.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-15-2018 at 10:58 PM.

A couple of things that are just speculation at this point:

1. We know that Matt has always had a problem balancing his life. I’m thinking that quote of dieing as the devil rather than living as Matt Murdock, is Matt thinking that he can just be Daredevil now since people believe he is dead. As the season goes on he will realize that the city needs Matt Murdock as well. So there is still plenty of character development to happen.

2. I doubt he will stay in the black suit the entire season. It’s probably temporary as his other suit was either lost or damaged in the accident. I prefer a more comic accurate suit as well, and I hope the show runners will take this opportunity to make some upgrades on the prior suit.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I agree completely there.

Agreed. Born Again COULD have worked as a season 3... if they had shown Matt with his life all together actually being in the courtroom and having some stability. The way they've beat him down for three seasons now, he really doesn't have anywhere to fall to. His law license, his home, his friends... he's pretty much abandoned them all already. It really does feel like they'll be starting in the middle. if anything.
    Yeah, this isn't the plot of Born Again. I'll comment below with further thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    1. We know that Matt has always had a problem balancing his life. I’m thinking that quote of dieing as the devil rather than living as Matt Murdock, is Matt thinking that he can just be Daredevil now since people believe he is dead. As the season goes on he will realize that the city needs Matt Murdock as well. So there is still plenty of character development to happen.
    Don't get me wrong, Matt has had this problem in the past. But people have to stop acting like they're adapting Born Again if they do that. They're adapting Fall From Grace, which is a less critically acclaimed story. Or, more accurately, they're dealing with the status quo that followed. Born Again isn't about giving up the Matt Murdock part of him. It's about destroying everything, including the Daredevil part of him, only to be born again as a more balanced person who can embrace all parts of his life.

I hope you're right that Matt will go through the season and realize that he needs both parts of him. The problem I have is I feel we've already been down that journey. It felt like that was Season Two where he pushed everyone away. The end of the season seemed to show that he realized he needed other people in his life. So, even if you're right and this season ends with him realizing he needs to be Matt Murdock, what's to stop Season 4 from going back to the well and having him push everyone away to be Daredevil again?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Might be better to save our judgements until a trailer is released and have more to work with since the teaser doesn’t offer much.

We don’t know what the context of the scene is, when it takes place within the season or even if it’s just a scene specifically created for the teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Might be better to save our judgements until a trailer is released and have more to work with since the teaser doesn’t offer much.

We don’t know what the context of the scene is, when it takes place within the season or even if it’s just a scene specifically created for the teaser.
    It’s fun to speculate.

IRON FIST SHOWRUNNER TEASES POTENTIAL BLINDSPOT PLANS
    https://twitter.com/cbr/status/1041374914199080962?s=21

This might’ve been more exciting if it was from someone who made a good show and was happening in Daredevil.

IRON FIST SHOWRUNNER TEASES POTENTIAL BLINDSPOT PLANS
    https://twitter.com/cbr/status/1041374914199080962?s=21

This might’ve been more exciting if it was from someone who made a good show and was happening in Daredevil.
    I swear I saw Charles Soule say something similar recently. About a character he created showing up in season 3 of Daredevil.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I swear I saw Charles Soule say something similar recently. About a character he created showing up in season 3 of Daredevil.
    Sam is the character he was talking about appearing in IF.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-16-2018 at 01:00 PM.