Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1544
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    spoilers:
    Or she's a shared delusion, because I'm pretty sure Matt couldn't pass his hands through her face before she died, nor could she levitate. Though it's possible that if she has been brought back in this world, she's been given powers...

However, my weird, left field theory is that it's someone magical, like Loki, who doesn't want to reveal themselves cuz they've either got their own game running, or what Doom has done messed with what they had going.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well i already get that part and i totally agree with u . But i think it wouldn't have to be Loki imo , i mean Doom can also magical powers for his evil plan .
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Really liked MK #2. Digging the overall mystery and the fight between Frank and Elektra was satisfyingly brutal.

I wasn’t certain about Marvel Knights after the first issue but I’m sold now! Issue two was fantastic!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

As of issue two Marvel Knights is fine and nothing all too interesting. Conversely, the fight between Punisher and Elektra wasn't bad and that was an awesome splash page of Daredevil breaking up said fight.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-21-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I can see Mike Murdock theory proven to be true. That said, so far (and we only have one issue left) I think it's a really shallow story. I mean, this arc has 4 issues and 2 of them are basically just one long fight sequence. Granted, it was great seeing Matt use his brain to defeat all thoses criminals, but content wise, there really isn't much more than the fight and the same was true with issue 610.

This are is a lot like Soule's run: kinda entertaining but shallow. And he comes after several writers who wrote great stuff about Matt. Apart from Supreme, nothing that Soule has made in his run feels important to me. I wouldn't say it's a bad run, but it's a mediocre one. If he does stick the landing with issue 612, I may change my mind.

That said, Id Mike's theory is the real explanation, it's been done to death already...
    "Kinda entertaining but shallow" is much nicer than my assessment. To me, he's been throwing shit at the wall for three years, but nothing has even been sticking. People who are praising issue 611 blows my mind. Throw a bunch of villains in a room with no explanation, some classic and some noticeably crappier recent creations, ignore all recent continuity and characterization, then make them all look like a bunch of scrubs in the span of a few pages in service of trying to build up a kewl new villain who doesn't have any characterization, or any interesting characteristics, to speak of, either.

Dream logic or "on the verge of dying" logic is the only thing that could halfway justify the ghastly "plotting" of the last couple issues. Truly terrible, utterly forgettable stuff, as has been the vast majority of this run. The only good thing about the latest issue is that it means there's only one left to slog through before the light at the end of the tunnel - the promise of a new creative team, and a good one at that, although I'd welcome anyone at this point. God, how I hate myself for every single issue I've wasted money on over the last three years. Shadowland was better.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

A fragment from "Angels Unaware" (Daredevil: Dark Nights) from a few years back by Lee Weeks:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    "Kinda entertaining but shallow" is much nicer than my assessment. To me, he's been throwing shit at the wall for three years, but nothing has even been sticking. People who are praising issue 611 blows my mind. Throw a bunch of villains in a room with no explanation, some classic and some noticeably crappier recent creations, ignore all recent continuity and characterization, then make them all look like a bunch of scrubs in the span of a few pages in service of trying to build up a kewl new villain who doesn't have any characterization, or any interesting characteristics, to speak of, either.
    Having Daredevil defeat all those villains didn't function at all to make the new villain better. The new villain didn't feature in the issue at all. It was to show Matt as a clever and effective fighter who can take down heavier than his weight class. You can like it or dislike it, but that's just an odd interpretation of the issue.

I tend to agree that a lot of Soule's issues have been on the more superficial fun side of things. I wouldn't say all of them have been, though. I thought the Dark Art and Seventh Day story arcs were very good. I also thought Purple and Land of the Blind had some depth to it as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    A fragment from "Angels Unaware" (Daredevil: Dark Nights) from a few years back by Lee Weeks:

YES!!! A part of my favorite DD arc of all time!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    In my headcanon, he escaped from that prison by using a ketchup bottle
    Solid Snake would be proud
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Solid Snake would be proud
    Frank "Big Boss" Castle agree!

Of course that kind of trick wouldn't work on Matt:

From Avenging Spider-Man #6 by Marco Checchetto.

Love that we're getting Checchetto on the Daredevil ongoing. His street level work is SO good.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Love that we're getting Checchetto on the Daredevil ongoing. His street level work is SO good.
    Is Checchetto a one arc at a time artist like Garney or can he do numerous arcs consecutively like Samnee, Lark, and Maleev?

He's pretty consistent. I can't remember how often he was rotated off Punisher by Rucka. I don't think I've read any other ongoings by him since then so I may not have the best sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post

Dream logic or "on the verge of dying" logic is the only thing that could halfway justify the ghastly "plotting" of the last couple issues. Truly terrible, utterly forgettable stuff, as has been the vast majority of this run. The only good thing about the latest issue is that it means there's only one left to slog through before the light at the end of the tunnel - the promise of a new creative team, and a good one at that, although I'd welcome anyone at this point. God, how I hate myself for every single issue I've wasted money on over the last three years. Shadowland was better.
    I can't say I'm sad to see Soule leaving either, to be honest. I, too, was surprised by how much people enjoyed issue 611, but AFAIC, everyone's taste is legit, and every time I criticize Soule's run, I'm only speaking for myself. I'm really, really excited by the new creative team anyway!

Some of you may be aware of this issue, but I was not and thought it was pretty cool! I recently picked up issue 277 of Amazing Spider-Man and the beginning of it features a small tie-in to Born Again.

The issue opens with Peter receiving a call from Matt stating that he needs his help and warning him of danger from the Kingpin. At this point of Matt’s story he has already lost everything and is recovering at the church. Peter arrives and is shocked to see Matt in this condition. Matt fills Peter in on what has happened and warns him that the Kingpin may know that he is Spider-Man. Initially Matt asks for Peter’s help but changes his mind and warns Peter to stay away.

Peter leaves and of course goes to confront the Kingpin to see if this is true, because Matt was also shouting some nonsensical things as well. Of course the Kingpin denies and basically tells Peter there is nothing he can do, because if Peter attacks him it would not look good for him in the press. Peter leaves but webs the bottom of Kingpins seat and Fisk realizes he will be stuck there for two hours and he starts cursing Spider-Man (that part was pretty funny).

Has anyone else read this issue?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters: