Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: DEAD ENDS #1 Preview! Not bad!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...8/24/hunt1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: DEAD ENDS #1 Preview! Not bad!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...8/24/hunt1.htm
    Very cool. I'm sort of inclined to pick this up.

Daredevil by Paola Rivera

COMIC LEGENDS: FRANK MILLER’S REJECTED CHANGE TO DAREDEVIL’S ORIGIN

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-frank-...origin-change/

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: WEAPON LOST TPB
    Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Penciled by DAVID MARQUEZ, PAULO SIQUEIRA & MATTEO BUFFAGNI
    Cover by GREG LAND Where’s Wolverine? That’s what Daredevil wants to know! Logan may be the best there is at what he does — but so is the Man Without Fear! And as one of the biggest mysteries in the Marvel Universe unfolds, DD assembles a squad of uncanny detectives to track down Logan: Misty Knight, the Inhuman Frank McGee and the mutant known as Cypher! Investigating recent sightings across the globe of the X-Man they thought dead, the squad uncovers a deep conspiracy with huge ramifications for Wolverine’s return! But what happens when they follow the clues all the way to a very familiar — and very bloody — set of claws? A weapon lost is about to be found — and the Man Without Fear’s nickname will be put to the test! Collecting HUNT FOR WOLVERINE #1 and HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: WEAPON LOST #1-4.
    136 PGS./Parental Advisory …$14.99
    This won’t have Dead Ends collected? So where will that go as far as TPBs? In one of the other minis? An omnibus of everything? And since Dead Ends is the conclusion to Hunt For Wolverine, this TPB will have an incomplete story, no? Too bad.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

COMIC LEGENDS: FRANK MILLER’S REJECTED CHANGE TO DAREDEVIL’S ORIGIN

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-frank-...origin-change/
    It's a relatively minor change, imo. The sensory deprivation tank appeared later when his senses got heightened even more, so he got to use it then.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

This won’t have Dead Ends collected? So where will that go as far as TPBs? In one of the other minis? An omnibus of everything? And since Dead Ends is the conclusion to Hunt For Wolverine, this TPB will have an incomplete story, no? Too bad.
    That's really bogus that the conclusion to the arc won't be collected

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's really bogus that the conclusion to the arc won't be collected
    They must realize that, too. Hopefully Dead Ends will be added before release to make it more worthwhile.

What are the chances? Coincidence more like, perhaps?

https://twitter.com/charlessoule/sta...697138689?s=21

What are the chances? Coincidence more like, perhaps?

https://twitter.com/charlessoule/sta...697138689?s=21
    I think it would be very very cool to see Blindspot show up in the Netflix shows. It could end up being the same person.. just to never become Blindspot. And he'll just stay as Sam the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think it would be very very cool to see Blindspot show up in the Netflix shows. It could end up being the same person.. just to never become Blindspot. And he'll just stay as Sam the whole time.
    If that is his character, it rubs me the wrong way that they’d use him and not even inform the creator as a courtesy and thanks if for nothing else. Not that they have to, of course. And it makes me wonder if Soule has ever watched any of the Netflix shows if he thinks they’ll actually adapt Sam properly.

Also, without his invisibility suit, what distinguishes Sam from any other Asian martial artist that they would want to use his character specifically especially since he’s so new and mostly unknown? Or is it because he’s so new and mostly unknown they want to use him so they have can more freedom to take ridiculous liberties with his character like another prominent comic character they’ve adapted so awfully? If not, why would they not use Shang Chi instead? He’s far more fitting for IF than Sam who’s only claim to fame, so to speak, is a suit they won’t use nor likely have the budged for if they can’t even have Danny have both fists lit at once. Hmmm...
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-25-2018 at 01:00 PM.

I'm glad Sam might be used but I'm skeptical about how they might use him. I didn't like how they did Bride of nine spiders in season 1.

So i dont mind if they adapt him but take a different route or leave the bigger events in the comics till later. Im in no rush to see his eyes get gouged out by Muse.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm glad Sam might be used but I'm skeptical about how they might use him. I didn't like how they did Bride of nine spiders in season 1.

So i dont mind if they adapt him but take a different route or leave the bigger events in the comics till later. Im in no rush to see his eyes get gouged out by Muse.
    But, again, if they do none of what him makes Sam, what’s the point?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-25-2018 at 04:55 PM.

But, again, if they do none of what him Sam, what’s the point?
    I agree that a sense of fidelity to the source material is important. Sam should be the Sam we see in the comics. I just don't need them to be exactly where they are when we first meet them.

We are seeing the pre-misty knight back when she was a cop before she got her arm, before she became a daughter of the dragon etc and thats fine.

Tv is all about delayed gratification after all.

So i dont mind if we get an intro to sam and save the stuff with muse till a later date.

The stuff with tenfingers might be good to use tho.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-25-2018 at 04:53 PM.