Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I agree that a sense of fidelity to the source material is important. Sam should be the Sam we see in the comics. I just don't need them to be exactly where they are when we first meet them.

We are seeing the pre-misty knight back when she was a cop before she got her arm, before she became a daughter of the dragon etc and thats fine.

Tv is all about delayed gratification after all.

So i dont mind if we get an intro to sam and save the stuff with muse till a later date.

The stuff with tenfingers might be good to use tho.
    Sam’s apprenticeship with Daredevil and his battles with Muse and the Hand and his family is the introduction to the character, though. To date, there’s nothing before that worth telling. And if there is the Netflix folks are not one’s I’d trust to tell those stories.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-25-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Elektra by Eric Canete

Incredible Member

I recently finished reading the recent Defenders run, and I know it was discussed in here back when it was still running and I believe there were talks about it not connecting 100% to the other comics at the time, continuity-wise.
    Since I'm not up to date on any comics at the moment, it's not something that I'm gonna notice so I'm just gonna judge it based on those 10 issues alone, and I gotta say it was a fun read. The story was simple and entertaining enough and I really liked the different interactions between the characters, but the best for me has to be the art, which just was so so good. I'm thinking of picking up an actual physical copy of this just for the art alone.

I also read Daredevil Noir earlier this week. In short it was "okay", the story was decent and the art was not really for me. There were a few panels of Matt that really looked like CHarlie Cox though which I thought was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I recently finished reading the recent Defenders run, and I know it was discussed in here back when it was still running and I believe there were talks about it not connecting 100% to the other comics at the time, continuity-wise.
    Since I'm not up to date on any comics at the moment, it's not something that I'm gonna notice so I'm just gonna judge it based on those 10 issues alone, and I gotta say it was a fun read. The story was simple and entertaining enough and I really liked the different interactions between the characters, but the best for me has to be the art, which just was so so good. I'm thinking of picking up an actual physical copy of this just for the art alone.

I also read Daredevil Noir earlier this week. In short it was "okay", the story was decent and the art was not really for me. There were a few panels of Matt that really looked like CHarlie Cox though which I thought was cool.
    Daredevil Noir was all right and I liked Tom Coker’s art.

Defenders was a BEAUTIFUL comic. Along with colorist Justin Ponser, David Marquez was on point every issue and choreographed one of the most jaw-dropping fights in comics between Elektra and Iron Fist. Unfortunately, the artistic splendor is where my praise begins and ends. For me, it was very underwhelming storywise including but not limited to more than a number of off characterizations, a heavy focus on Luke and Diamondback (which is fine if one enjoys those characters, I suppose) and not much or anyone else for the majority run as a well a reveal that shouldn’t have happened there nor would the character have been pressured into said revelation. I thought the series would focus on one or two of the titular quartet per arc or two and have a somewhat rotating structure like that since it seemed Daredevil was next but it seems plans changed at the worse time. If that hadn’t happened Daredevil would have had what sounded like an epic issue or arc as solits before changes said something to the effect of Daredevil single handedly taking on the underworld with an awesome cover. In any case, as I’ve said before, I like the team and the concept but aside from the art the execution was very disappointing, I thought. Not a bad comic, though, and one probably worth recommending for Ponser and Marquez’s art alone.

Speaking of, here’s that awesome Defenders cover for Daredevil’s issue before solits were changed. So good!

Last edited by Nanashi; 08-26-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Other books do tie up with Defenders. It's really Daredevil that seems to have issues connecting.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Other books do tie up with Defenders. It's really Daredevil that seems to have issues connecting.
    You mean Daredevil didn’t connect, right? It never did. And it was all for the better.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-26-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    You mean Daredevil didn’t connect, right? It never did. And it was all for the better.
    I would have liked to have had more cohesiveness. Regardless of who was writing Defenders. I liked that book.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I would have liked to have had more cohesiveness. Regardless of who was writing Defenders. I liked that book.
    Depending on who was on Defenders it may have turned out worse which is why I’m thankful it was apart.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-26-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Daredevil didn't connect but other books have, which makes it awkward for Daredevil going forward because it's the book out of sync.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Daredevil didn't connect but other books have, which makes it awkward for Daredevil going forward because it's the book out of sync.
    I can’t say I find that to be the case. Nothing too significant ever happened in Defenders that needed to be addressed in DD or that would affect DDs ongoing story.

The fact that several characters now know his secret identity? Whatever happened with Diamondback and Black Cat?

Yeah he did reveal himself to the other team members.. kind of a big deal considering how big of a story it was for Soule putting it back in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah he did reveal himself to the other team members.. kind of a big deal considering how big of a story it was for Soule putting it back in the box.
    The fact that several characters now know his secret identity? Whatever happened with Diamondback and Black Cat?
    They may know but they’re confidants and friends who’s knowledge of his secret identity isn’t one for concern. Nor are they regular players in his ongoing so there’s no impact there either. But all that said, it shouldn’t have happen the way it did or in the title it did or at all outside Daredevil proper and Soule (but Soule may have unfortunately given Bendis the go ahead).

I suspect Tom Brevoort or Alanna Smith approved the reveal, possibly after checking with Jordan D. White (they don't share editors between the books). It's not Charles Soule's call, ultimately. I get you don't like the Defenders book, but it's a sandbox that everyone has to share and there have been inconsistencies already so it isn't accurate to argue there isn't a likely impact.

I suspect Tom Brevoort or Alanna Smith approved the reveal, possibly after checking with Jordan D. White (they don't share editors between the books). It's not Charles Soule's call, ultimately. I get you don't like the Defenders book, but it's a sandbox that everyone has to share and there have been inconsistencies already so it isn't accurate to argue there isn't a likely impact.
    What are these inconsistencies?