Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Why was Felicia Hardy with the bad guys?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Why was Felicia Hardy with the bad guys?
    What does that have to do with Daredevil?

Daredevil by Alfredo Matarranz

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Daredevil by Alfredo Matarranz

Sweet!

10 char
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I recently finished reading the recent Defenders run, and I know it was discussed in here back when it was still running and I believe there were talks about it not connecting 100% to the other comics at the time, continuity-wise.
    Since I'm not up to date on any comics at the moment, it's not something that I'm gonna notice so I'm just gonna judge it based on those 10 issues alone, and I gotta say it was a fun read. The story was simple and entertaining enough and I really liked the different interactions between the characters, but the best for me has to be the art, which just was so so good. I'm thinking of picking up an actual physical copy of this just for the art alone.

I also read Daredevil Noir earlier this week. In short it was "okay", the story was decent and the art was not really for me. There were a few panels of Matt that really looked like CHarlie Cox though which I thought was cool.
    I loved this run of The Defenders so much. I really wasn't a huge fan of this current DD series up until Mayor Fisk, so Bendis' fond farewell to DD was something I sorely needed for my DD fix.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I loved this run of The Defenders so much. I really wasn't a huge fan of this current DD series up until Mayor Fisk, so Bendis' fond farewell to DD was something I sorely needed for my DD fix.
    It would been even more of a fond farewell if he was able to do that DD story that seemingly got cut.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-27-2018 at 01:25 PM.

What does that have to do with Daredevil?
    She was in the Mayor Kingpin story arc.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

She was in the Mayor Kingpin story arc.
    Her and those other criminals were not much more than cameos, though. Why should it fall on Soule to explain all that, especially when they were such a minor part of the issue?

It doesn't fall on Soule to explain it, it falls on Soule to get continuity right. If he had not included her, I wouldn't have had a complaint.

It doesn't fall on Soule to explain it, it falls on Soule to get continuity right. If he had not included her, I wouldn't have had a complaint.
    That falls on the editors, no? Not a page ago you yourself suggested it might have been the editors who let Bendis reveal DDs secret ID, not Soule. And some time ago I believe you and I concluded that the editors may not be as tight with continuity as they should be as you’ve shown now again with Felicia. So, if anything, Soule is following continuity he’s aware of while the editors who are supposed to oversee such errors let it by.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-27-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I recently finished reading the recent Defenders run, and I know it was discussed in here back when it was still running and I believe there were talks about it not connecting 100% to the other comics at the time, continuity-wise.
    Since I'm not up to date on any comics at the moment, it's not something that I'm gonna notice so I'm just gonna judge it based on those 10 issues alone, and I gotta say it was a fun read. The story was simple and entertaining enough and I really liked the different interactions between the characters, but the best for me has to be the art, which just was so so good. I'm thinking of picking up an actual physical copy of this just for the art alone.

I also read Daredevil Noir earlier this week. In short it was "okay", the story was decent and the art was not really for me. There were a few panels of Matt that really looked like CHarlie Cox though which I thought was cool.
    The art in The Defenders was amazing. To Nanashi's point the fight between Elektra and Iron Fist was insane. Also, I am a fan of Iron Fist and the depiction of the Iron Fist in #2 against Diamondback was better than anything I have seen in an Iron Fist comic.

I liked the characterizations and feel that Bendis (despite his well documented flaws) know these characters well. Much like the Defenders Netflix series, the best part of the book (aside from the art) was the interactions between the characters. I also agree that there was probably a bigger plan that got scrapped once Bendis had said he was leaving.

Daredevil Noir, for me, is solid for what it is. I am a huge Maleev fan and Coker seemed to take inspiration from that and it fit the story/setting so it was a plus for me. I thought the story was fine, a bit predictable; however, I still found myself enjoying it. There are better mini's out there (DD: Redemption), though there are much worse (DD: Father).
    Last edited by macjr33; 08-27-2018 at 07:58 PM.

NETFLIX’S IRON FIST UNVEILS FIRST OFFICIAL LOOK AT TYPHOID MARY
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-fist-typhoid-mary-first-look/

They bafflingly have her bear no resemblance whatsoever to her comic book counterpart but at least they thankfully seem to have gotten her personality right since they’ve monumentally fumbled that aspect of other characters before.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-29-2018 at 04:56 PM.

DAREDEVIL REVEALS THE TRUTH ABOUT MATT MURDOCK’S ‘TWIN’ BROTHER

https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-truth-...-twin-brother/

Hunt For Wolverine Dead Ends was good. DD, Iron Man, and Kitty share their information and essentially recap the preceding four mini series to find out who’s behind Wolverines abduction before some action ensues and the appearance of a new villain. Wolverines whereabouts weren’t resolved here perhaps frustratingly to some. For that one will have to get Return Of Wolverine next. DDs part in the Hunt For Wolverine saga has been minimal but he’s had some cool moments. Obviously he’s not the main player (he does narrate Weapons Lost which helps a lot with his lack of panel time) but he had good presence and was portrayed very well throughout and the overall story between Weapons Lost and Dead Ends, while without a definitive conclusion that’ll have to be found in Retun Of Wolverine, is fairly enjoyable.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-29-2018 at 04:15 PM.

That falls on the editors, no? Not a page ago you yourself suggested it might have been the editors who let Bendis reveal DDs secret ID, not Soule. And some time ago I believe you and I concluded that the editors may not be as tight with continuity as they should be as you’ve shown now again with Felicia. So, if anything, Soule is following continuity he’s aware of while the editors who are supposed to oversee such errors let it by.
    You are right that Editors should have been picking up on all the continuity errors occurring because of Defenders. Felicia had two completely different storylines that saw her renounce/lose her criminal empire in Defenders and the Venom Inc crossover that both ran at the same time??? There's also the separate revelation that Elektra had re-learnt DD's secret id off panel. Something that I doubt will ever be explained in the main title.