Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    What Omnibus would you recommand ?

Daredevil Epic Collection Vol.1-3 (Stan Lee) - Daredevil vol.1 #1-63
    Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson Vol.1-3 - Daredevil vol.1 #158-161, 163-191
    Daredevil Epic Vol.14-15 (Ann Nocenti & John Rominata Jr.) - Daredevil vol.1 #253-282
    Daredevil Epic Vol.18-19 (Chichester, Wright, ...) - Daredevil vol.1 #319-344
    Daredevil Epic Vol.21 (Kelly, Lobdel, ...) - Daredevil vol.1 #365-380
    Daredevil by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev Ultimate Collection Book 1-3 - Daredevil vol.2 #16-19, 26-50, 56-81
    Daredevil by Ed Brubaker & Michael Lark Ultimate Collection Book 1-3 - Daredevil vol.2 #82-119, 500
    Daredevil: Shadowland Omnibus - Daredevil vol.2 #501-512, ..., Daredevil: Reborn #1-4
    Daredevil by Mark Waid, Vol. 1-3 - Daredevil vol.3 #1-36
    Daredevil by Mark Waid & Chris Samnee Vol.4-5 - Daredevil vol.4 #1-18
    Daredevil by Charles Soules (not yet as an omni) - Daredevil vol.5 #1-28, 595-ongoing
    Have you read and do already have these runs in other trades or in individual issues?

If it were me I would want an omnibus for the artwork. Fortunately, Daredevil has had some great writer/artist teams. So for me,based on what you listed, I would go:

1. Bendis/Maleev
    2. Waid/Samnee
    3. Miller/Janson

Not sure if there is an omnibus for Born Again, but if there is that would be #1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Have you read and do already have these runs in other trades or in individual issues?

If it were me I would want an omnibus for the artwork. Fortunately, Daredevil has had some great writer/artist teams. So for me,based on what you listed, I would go:

1. Bendis/Maleev
    2. Waid/Samnee
    3. Miller/Janson

Not sure if there is an omnibus for Born Again, but if there is that would be #1 for me.
    Well there is an omnibus with all the other works of Franck Miller and a TPB collecting the Born Again arc from #226 to #233. Saddly nothing collects the pre-Born Again events that lead to the current situation. There is an out of print tpb with thoses stories called Love's labor lost (#215-217, 220-222 & 225), but no omni collecting it all. If I wait a bit Marvel might release an Epic Book with the full arc.
    But Born Again is one of the 2 tpb I have already read because it is almost always recommended and concidered as the best story.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

After having rewatched DD Season 2 recently I want to speculate about Season 3. I have no idea if we get lucky and get a Season 4 so they'll probably go with Born Again or Bendis' making sure it'll end up on the screen. Also Bullseye is another big piece of lore still missing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Well there is an omnibus with all the other works of Franck Miller
    Yeah that's correct. The "main" Frank Miller OMnibus contains his first run on DD and the Companion OMnibus has Man without fear & Born Again.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Yeah that's correct. The "main" Frank Miller OMnibus contains his first run on DD and the Companion OMnibus has Man without fear & Born Again.
    Indeed, but one those omni are way too thick and second like I sayd, I've already read Born Again and Man Without Fear. Also this book doesn't contain the full Born Again story because Love Labor's Lost (preque of Born Again) was written by Denis O'Neil.

Incredible Member

Yeah that's true.

By the way, why are you asking for Omnibus recommendations when more than half of your list are paperbacks?
    Last edited by gohei_; 09-04-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    After having rewatched DD Season 2 recently I want to speculate about Season 3. I have no idea if we get lucky and get a Season 4 so they'll probably go with Born Again or Bendis' making sure it'll end up on the screen. Also Bullseye is another big piece of lore still missing.
    Pretty sure both Born Again and Bullseye are rumored for season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Pretty sure both Born Again and Bullseye are rumored for season 3.
    Basically all but officially confirmed.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-04-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Yeah that's true.

By the way, why are you asking for Omnibus recommendations when more than half of your list are paperbacks?
    "An omnibus edition or omnibus is a work containing one or more works by the same or, more rarely, different authors. Commonly two or more components have been previously published as books but a collection of shorter works, or shorter works collected with one previous book, may be an omnibus.

Omnibus editions help consolidate longer series into fewer books. The prices are usually equal to or less than the price of buying each individual edition separately." - Wikipedia

So all the books I listed comply with the definition an omnibus. An omnibus and a hard back cover book are 2 different things.

Incredible Member

"An omnibus edition or omnibus is a work containing one or more works by the same or, more rarely, different authors. Commonly two or more components have been previously published as books but a collection of shorter works, or shorter works collected with one previous book, may be an omnibus.

Omnibus editions help consolidate longer series into fewer books. The prices are usually equal to or less than the price of buying each individual edition separately." - Wikipedia

So all the books I listed comply with the definition an omnibus. An omnibus and a hard back cover book are 2 different things.
    That's a pretty vague description but sure, I guess you got me there.

Still, since you are using Wikipedia as a source I should mention that the DD Wiki page only list 10 different DD Omnibus books (2xMiller, 2xBendis, 2xBrubaker,2xWaid, Shadowland and one that has issues 1-41).
    Those books actually have the word Omnibus written on them, so that's what I was going for.

That's a pretty vague description but sure, I guess you got me there.

Still, since you are using Wikipedia as a source I should mention that the DD Wiki page only list 10 different DD Omnibus books (2xMiller, 2xBendis, 2xBrubaker,2xWaid, Shadowland and one that has issues 1-41).
    Those books actually have the word Omnibus written on them, so that's what I was going for.
    Indeed, the definition of what an omnibus is, is vague. So what me, you or Marvel consider as an omnibus may vary. But also to be complete, the Daredevil wiki is missing some publications.

But let's not fight over this. Any book that is big and collects multiple stories are for me omnibuses.

So what "big" book would you recommand, because I don't think you've suggested any yes ?

Incredible Member

Indeed, the definition of what an omnibus is, is vague. So what me, you or Marvel consider as an omnibus may vary. But also to be complete, the Daredevil wiki is missing some publications.

But let's not fight over this. Any book that is big and collects multiple stories are for me omnibuses.

So what "big" book would you recommand, because I don't think you've suggested any yes ?
    Agreed.

I'm afraid I won't be of any help since I only own roughly half of those titles but basically haven't read anything past the Miller run.
    I don't think it's often mentioned when it comes to reading recommendations, but if you haven't read the early stuff (pre-Miller), and aren't afraid of somewhat "campy" and light stories I would say go for those early epics.

Agreed.

I'm afraid I won't be of any help since I only own roughly half of those titles but basically haven't read anything past the Miller run.
    I don't think it's often mentioned when it comes to reading recommendations, but if you haven't read the early stuff (pre-Miller), and aren't afraid of somewhat "campy" and light stories I would say go for those early epics.
    Thanks, I think that the Epic collections are worth book concidering content and price. I might also get the Frank Miller omnibus but the small version devided in 3 books.

Incredible Member

Thanks, I think that the Epic collections are worth book concidering content and price. I might also get the Frank Miller omnibus but the small version devided in 3 books.
    Yeah I have a couple of epics and they are pretty nice. I started collection with the Miller run (across those 3 paperbacks) but volume 3 was impossible to find back then. So I had to go and get the big one instead that had all the content.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Basically all but officially confirmed.
    That's what I was orginally gonna say, but bumped it down to just rumored in the 5% chance I ended up being wrong.