Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Well there is an omnibus with all the other works of Franck Miller and a TPB collecting the Born Again arc from #226 to #233. Saddly nothing collects the pre-Born Again events that lead to the current situation. There is an out of print tpb with thoses stories called Love's labor lost (#215-217, 220-222 & 225), but no omni collecting it all. If I wait a bit Marvel might release an Epic Book with the full arc.
    But Born Again is one of the 2 tpb I have already read because it is almost always recommended and concidered as the best story.
    My apologies when you said "omnibus" i thought you meant the special hardcovers.

In that case I would revise my recommendations to the following. Basically starting with Miller, going in order until Waid and then circle back to the Lee/early DD:

1. Miller
    2. Bendis
    3. Brubaker
    4. Waid
    5. Lee/Early DD
    6. Soule (once their is one)

This is pretty much the order I followed when I was buying the trades. I did buy Smith's Guardian Devil, Loeb's DD: Yellow and Mack's Parts of Hole and read them between the Miller and Bendis runs. I also bought the Touch of Typhoid Epic Collection by Nocenti; however, I have been vocal that I did not like Nocenti's run on DD and as far as I know there hasn't been a cohesive trade put together for Nocenti's run which doesn't help. Hope this helps a little more!

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    That would have been amazing!
    With the Batman: TAS creators behind it, too? Oh, man, just imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    My apologies when you said "omnibus" i thought you meant the special hardcovers.

In that case I would revise my recommendations to the following. Basically starting with Miller, going in order until Waid and then circle back to the Lee/early DD:

1. Miller
    2. Bendis
    3. Brubaker
    4. Waid
    5. Lee/Early DD
    6. Soule (once their is one)

This is pretty much the order I followed when I was buying the trades. I did buy Smith's Guardian Devil, Loeb's DD: Yellow and Mack's Parts of Hole and read them between the Miller and Bendis runs. I also bought the Touch of Typhoid Epic Collection by Nocenti; however, I have been vocal that I did not like Nocenti's run on DD and as far as I know there hasn't been a cohesive trade put together for Nocenti's run which doesn't help. Hope this helps a little more!
    Helps a lot and is perfectly what I was looking for.

Marvel Bringing ‘Daredevil’ To New York Comic Con

https://deadline.com/2018/09/marvel-...ed-1202457426/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I got the Mayor Fisk trade today and so far I love it (am I easy to please or a man of acquired taste?). Now I wonder about some Fisk vs Matt Tales I missed over the years... Miller,Bendis,Brubaker and Waid are collected. What about some good Fisk vs Matt arcs beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I got the Mayor Fisk trade today and so far I love it (am I easy to please or a man of acquired taste?). Now I wonder about some Fisk vs Matt Tales I missed over the years... Miller,Bendis,Brubaker and Waid are collected. What about some good Fisk vs Matt arcs beyond that?
    There is also The Fall Of The Kingpin by DG Chichester and Lee Weeks but I’m not sure if it’s regarded very well.

Last edited by Nanashi; 09-05-2018 at 11:28 AM.

The Painful Poetry of My Favorite Daredevil Comics

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-painful-...ics-1828753981

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    There is also The Fall Of The Kingpin by DG Chichester and Lee Weeks but I’m not sure if it’s regarded very well.

I think it's the best story arc by Chichester, that being said, it spirals out of control by the end. I also refuse to call it by any other name than Last Rites.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It’s really a shame that Nocenti’s and O’Neil’s run haven’t been collected. I really loved the Micah Synn storyline, and the origin of Lady Deathstrike.

Nocenti is over halfway done through the Epic Collection format. She has her pre-Typhoid stuff still outstanding (not in the sense of being great, but I think it's truly outstanding as well and makes Hell's Kitchen a character). She also has her final arc to collect, which will likely split an Epic Collection with the start of the Chichester run.

O'Neil had one out of print trade that's a pretty terrible trade overall (just in the sense of being an incoherent collection that's pretty disappointing). I doubt he'll have an omnibus like Frank Miller gets, but he'll eventually be in the Epic Collection format and the Micah Synn story can be finally collected.

Speaking of Lady Deathstrike, it's noteworthy that her original motives have been slowly retconned away. The original explanation for her hatred for Wolverine involved Daredevil (I can't remember the details), but he slowly got pushed out of the picture.

ETA: Why Lady Deathstrike's Vendetta Against Wolverine is the Dumbest
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 09-05-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Nocenti is over halfway done through the Epic Collection format. She has her pre-Typhoid stuff still outstanding (not in the sense of being great, but I think it's truly outstanding as well and makes Hell's Kitchen a character). She also has her final arc to collect, which will likely split an Epic Collection with the start of the Chichester run.

O'Neil had one out of print trade that's a pretty terrible trade overall (just in the sense of being an incoherent collection that's pretty disappointing). I doubt he'll have an omnibus like Frank Miller gets, but he'll eventually be in the Epic Collection format and the Micah Synn story can be finally collected.

Speaking of Lady Deathstrike, it's noteworthy that her original motives have been slowly retconned away. The original explanation for her hatred for Wolverine involved Daredevil (I can't remember the details), but he slowly got pushed out of the picture.
    I wasn’t aware we got Nocenti trades! I’ll have to keep an eye out for them.

The best places to find Nocenti's Daredevil are:

Daredevil Epic Collection: A Touch of Typhoid
    Daredevil Epic Collection: Heart of Darkness

Alternatively, there's:
    Daredevil Legends Vol. 4: Typhoid Mary
    Daredevil: Lone Stranger TPB

Both of those collect similar material, but less.

The one O'Neil trade is Daredevil: Love's Labor Lost TPB.

The Comics History Of Typhoid Mary

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...f-typhoid-mary

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I really loved the Nocenti/Lightle stories that popped up in the Marvel Comics presents anthology. Truly amazing stuff. Made Typhoid Mary one of my favorite characters ever.

Lightle is up there with McDaniel in art that I truly struggle to understand what's happening. One of the stories (the second one in the TPB, iirc) is definitely a story I don't know if I enjoyed or not because I'm not sure I know what happened.