Page 18 of 103 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Understandable teaser. Obviously means they couldn't find his body under all the rubble.

Typhoid Mary debuts in live action (not really) tomorrow. While they’ve completely and mind-bogglingly botched her awesome character design, I’m curios about how well (or not) they got her personalities down. I’m not optimistic but still curious. Plus, the fight choreography for the show seems to have gotten better so watching her in action should be fun!

Typhoid Mary debuts in live action (not really) tomorrow. While they’ve completely and mind-bogglingly botched her awesome character design, I’m curios about how well (or not) they got her personalities down. I’m not optimistic but still curious. Plus, the fight choreography for the show seems to have gotten better so watching her in action should be fun!
    It HAS to be better than she was portrayed in Elektra... it HAS to be. Same issue I have with X-3 Last Stand... I absolutely HATE when Characters are included in shows, but are completely unrecognizable and you don't realize it till the credits.

This HAS to be better....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It HAS to be better than she was portrayed in Elektra... it HAS to be. Same issue I have with X-3 Last Stand... I absolutely HATE when Characters are included in shows, but are completely unrecognizable and you don't realize it till the credits.

This HAS to be better....
    Elektra the movie? Typhoid Mary was in that?

No way! I had no idea she was in the Elektra movie! I just looked this up and would have never have been able to tell this is supposed to be her. Is she named in the movie?

And why won’t anyone get her look right?! It’s not complicated!

Elektra the movie? Typhoid Mary was in that?
    Apparently.

You wouldn't know it from actually WATCHING the movie... but evil assassin lady was named Typhoid. Gosh I hated everything about that show... >.< There was also Stone and I THINK it was another Hand vs. Chaste story... but it's been a LONG LONG time since I've seen and have no desire to rewatch it. I just remember watching the credits and getting ticked off everytime I saw a name I SHOULD have recognized... and WOULD have made it better.

Even being a fan of Jennifer Garner didn't elevate it in the slightest. I consider it tied with Catwoman as the worst comic book movies of all time. Steel is only slightly above it.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Apparently.

You wouldn't know it from actually WATCHING the movie... but evil assassin lady was named Typhoid. Gosh I hated everything about that show... >.< There was also Stone and I THINK it was another Hand vs. Chaste story... but it's been a LONG LONG time since I've seen and have no desire to rewatch it. I just remember watching the credits and getting ticked off everytime I saw a name I SHOULD have recognized... and WOULD have made it better.

Even being a fan of Jennifer Garner didn't elevate it in the slightest. I consider it tied with Catwoman as the worst comic book movies of all time. Steel is only slightly above it.
    Yea, it goes without saying how awful that movie was. If Iron Fist somehow does do a worse job of adapting her it’ll be quite the feat but I don’t think that’ll be the case. I’m sure she’ll at least be named on screen in IF if not visually recognizable and she will have her blades that should make for some good fight scenes and I expect she’ll be an actual character.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-06-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I've yet to read much DD comics outside the current run (waiting for Marvel to add more of his stuff to MU before I start reading his catalogue) so I'm not really familiar with his best stuff, so what are some storylines y'all want adapted to the Netflix series?

I do hope (somehow) they can bring Elektra back again since I felt there was a lot of untapped potential there that was held back by all the Hand stuff.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I've yet to read much DD comics outside the current run (waiting for Marvel to add more of his stuff to MU before I start reading his catalogue) so I'm not really familiar with his best stuff, so what are some storylines y'all want adapted to the Netflix series?

I do hope (somehow) they can bring Elektra back again since I felt there was a lot of untapped potential there that was held back by all the Hand stuff.
    Hopefully Born Again. That's number 1.
    Then maybe some things from Bendis and Bru's runs
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

I don’t trust the Netflix show to adapt anything. They’ve marred so much already.

Daredevil by Goran Sudzuka

Last edited by Nanashi; 09-06-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Just read the last issue plus the Annual.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Mike Murdoch appearance. It actually made sense and wasn't yet another "let's have a copy of a character running around the MU for no obvious reason". Soule writing is strange, it doesn't contain much meat but what's there is strangely filling. I liked the use of Inhuman characters even if one of them was killed off in another book at the same time!

The Annual was more a Misty Knight story than a DD one, clearly an inventory tale but it was actually quite a nice little read. Art started good but got a little messy by the end.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Daredevil by Goran Sudzuka
    I'm so happy I got Sudzuka AND Daredevil with Soule's series. Love his work especially on Y- The Last Man. For my taste Vertigo has not done better than with Y and Scalped.