Page 20 of 103 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    All of the Netflix shows seem to take place somewhere in the 6 year period between Avengers & Infinity War.
    What about upcoming ones?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    What does the ending of Infinity War mean for DD? (probably not much...)
    Nothing at all.

All of the Netflix shows seem to take place somewhere in the 6 year period between Avengers & Infinity War.
    They don’t take place in anything remotely close to the MCU.

What about upcoming ones?
    Them neither.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    They don’t take place in anything remotely close to the MCU.
    As far as I’m concerned, they are until I have reason to believe otherwise. The

As far as I’m concerned, they are until I have reason to believe otherwise. The
    What are the reasons you have to believe beyond the seldom vague references that could mean anything?

What are the reasons you have to believe beyond the seldom vague references that could mean anything?
    Because I’m never given a reason to believe they don’t exist in the same universe. Between that and those vague references (some not so vague), its good enough for me.

Because I’m never given a reason to believe they don’t exist in the same universe. Between that and those vague references (some not so vague), its good enough for me.
    How about the ridiculous length they go to not ever mention anyone or anything from the MCU by name?

Forgive me, I believe they did name drop Tony Stark in Luke Cage.

How about the ridiculous length they go to not ever mention anyone or anything from the MCU by name?
    Doesn’t bother me. They make it clear to who or what they are referring to when doing it so I don’t need them to name drop Cap, Thor, Hulk, etc in conversation.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Forgive me, I believe they did name drop Tony Stark in Luke Cage.
    It was only Diamondback and Cottonmouth selling weapons by Justin Hammer, I think

Doesn’t bother me. They make it clear to who or what they are referring to when doing it so I don’t need them to name drop Cap, Thor, Hulk, etc in conversation.
    Yea, but you’d think a massive alien invasion with countless losses and a foreign city being skyrocketed tens of thousands of feet into the to air to then be blown up before impact would warrant more than a word or two if even by conversations heard in passing. Not to mention SHIELD headquarters getting destroyed in Winter Soldier. AND you’d think the emergence of a superhumanly strong bullet proof man on the news would at least be mentioned by the Avengers when talking about “enhanced”, as they call them.

It was only Diamondback and Cottonmouth selling weapons by Justin Hammer, I think
    Yes. Fair enough.

Yea, but you’d think a massive alien invasion with countless losses and a foreign city being skyrocketed tens of thousands of feet into the to air to then be blown up before impact would warrant more than a word or two if even by conversations heard in passing. Not to mention SHIELD headquarters getting destroyed in Winter Soldier. AND you’d think the emergence of a superhumanly strong bullet proof man on the news would at least be mentioned by the Avengers when talking about “enhanced”, as they call them.
    I disagree. The only MCU events they really need to reference are the battle of New York since it’s the only one that would significantly impact them. Hell, they even had somebody try to kill Jessica because they blamed her for what happened. The rest of the events would be merely discussed or referenced in passing unless it was happening during the events of the show.
    As for the avengers thing, whose to say those discussions didn't already happen off screen? The only time it would’ve came up was during civil war but that’s still a stretch.

But really, if we can accept all the marvel comic characters exist in the same universe it should be a breeze to believe all the shows and movies exist in the same universe too.

I disagree. The only MCU events they really need to reference are the battle of New York since it’s the only one that would significantly impact them. Hell, they even had somebody try to kill Jessica because they blamed her for what happened. The rest of the events would be merely discussed or referenced in passing unless it was happening during the events of the show.
    As for the avengers thing, whose to say those discussions didn't already happen off screen? The only time it would’ve came up was during civil war but that’s still a stretch.

But really, if we can accept all the marvel comic characters exist in the same universe it should be a breeze to believe all the shows and movies exist in the same universe too.
    An army of homicidal, artificially intelligent robots created by New York’s Tony Stark would definitely have the world talking let alone New Yorkers.

If that conversation didn’t happen on screen it didn’t happen. Let’s not forget that news on Luke Cage was broadcasting him as a criminal. You’d think given his abilities SHIELD would take notice if not the Avengers when discussing the sudden emergence of all these super powered individuals.

It would be awesome if they were all connected, but the fact is they’re not. The heads of Television and The MCU don’t even like each other over some petty nonsense. The Netflix shows are they’re own thing and the movies they’re own.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-10-2018 at 01:28 PM.