Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I mean, Karen Page has been dead for about 20 years. That's a longer time than Elektra has been out of comics (I'm counting from #182 to Fall From Grace). I always felt like this can be one of the ones like Gwen Stacy that's permanent.

That being said, there have been no romantic interests in Soule's run, so maybe it's related to that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I mean, Karen Page has been dead for about 20 years. That's a longer time than Elektra has been out of comics (I'm counting from #182 to Fall From Grace). I always felt like this can be one of the ones like Gwen Stacy that's permanent.

That being said, there have been no romantic interests in Soule's run, so maybe it's related to that.
    After such a time, I’d rather she be left alone like Gwen Stacy so as not to lessen and outright make her death meaningless. And considering where the story at present is going, I’m not sure how a resurrection of all things could come into play. Or maybe that new villain mentioned in the November solits has something to with it?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-14-2018 at 08:25 PM.

She was killed during a Mysterio adventure... Anything is possible :P

Heck, if she was never 'actually killed...' between the last story involving her on trial for murder and that story starting with an AIDs scare... It wouldn't be vastly out of character to leave town and keep a low profile for awhile.

LOL, or she could have come back two issues later and saw Matt on a date with Echo... he moved on way too fast, no reason for her to keep fighting THAT battle.

Really it always bugged me they way they murdered her off and then just had Matt dating anyone and everyone he came across. He's had a lot of girlfriends before that too... but Karen and him were always something special and nothing has come close to replacing her. I'd love for her to come back... but I agree that it'll probably be some kind of clone or illusion, dream, or something that gets wrapped up at the end. It's really been TOO long at this point... and I'm frankly they didn't kill her off in the series to push Matt over the edge instead of Elektra.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    i'll take a stab at it.

1. daredevil, ahem, dies.

2. blindspot becomes daredevil.

3. book relaunches with a #1.

4. matt comes back after 12-18 months.

5. back-to-basics relaunch with new #1.
    If this happens, I'm going to be super ticked
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    My guess, new arc/#1 and it's about Karen Page's resurrection.

It seems suspect that the latest issue talked about Karen for the first time in ages and have this come. They are setting up something with her.
    Good to know that I wasn't the only one that noticed this too. Put me in the camp that thinks this may have something to do with her coming back.

If that is the case, I am not sure how I feel about it. On one hand I agree with others that say that she should be similar to Gwen Stacey and stay dead; however, a part of me also feels that she should have never been killed in the first place and while I do believe Matt has truly loved several women (Elektra, Natasha, Milia, Kristen) that Karen is his one true love and he has gone through more with her than anyone.

Another scenario I could certainly envision is that Matt is able to communicate with her in the afterlife or she comes back only temporarily. A bitter-sweet moment in that Matt gets to be with her; however, it is short-lived. Because we have to remember there is an editorial mandate etched in stone at Marvel that reads "Matt Murdock can not be happy for any extended period of time".

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Good to know that I wasn't the only one that noticed this too. Put me in the camp that thinks this may have something to do with her coming back.

If that is the case, I am not sure how I feel about it. On one hand I agree with others that say that she should be similar to Gwen Stacey and stay dead; however, a part of me also feels that she should have never been killed in the first place and while I do believe Matt has truly loved several women (Elektra, Natasha, Milia, Kristen) that Karen is his one true love and he has gone through more with her than anyone.

Another scenario I could certainly envision is that Matt is able to communicate with her in the afterlife or she comes back only temporarily. A bitter-sweet moment in that Matt gets to be with her; however, it is short-lived. Because we have to remember there is an editorial mandate etched in stone at Marvel that reads "Matt Murdock can not be happy for any extended period of time".
    I’ve always thought of Elektra as his one true love.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

Heck, if she was never 'actually killed...' between the last story involving her on trial for murder and that story starting with an AIDs scare... It wouldn't be vastly out of character to leave town and keep a low profile for awhile.

LOL, or she could have come back two issues later and saw Matt on a date with Echo... he moved on way too fast, no reason for her to keep fighting THAT battle.

Really it always bugged me they way they murdered her off and then just had Matt dating anyone and everyone he came across. He's had a lot of girlfriends before that too... but Karen and him were always something special and nothing has come close to replacing her. I'd love for her to come back... but I agree that it'll probably be some kind of clone or illusion, dream, or something that gets wrapped up at the end. It's really been TOO long at this point... and I'm frankly they didn't kill her off in the series to push Matt over the edge instead of Elektra.
    I totally agree with you that Matt started dating way too quickly after Karen's death; however, I am able to look past because I loved Parts of a Hole and thought Echo was an awesome character who I wish was used more in Daredevil. Her date with Matt was sweet and it was nice seeing Matt genuinely enjoy himself, not something we see often in the book at least up until that point in time.

Also, with regards to the Netflix series, I am calling it now that Karen or Foggy don't make it through season 3. You don't bring in Bullseye and not have him take away someone close to Matt.
    Last edited by macjr33; 09-14-2018 at 09:50 PM.

I totally agree with you that Matt started dating way too quickly after Karen's death; however, I am able to look past because I loved Parts of a Hole and thought Echo was an awesome character who I wish was used more in Daredevil. Her date with Matt was sweet and it was nice seeing Matt genuinely enjoy himself, not something we see often in the book at least up until that point in time.

Also, with regards to the Netflix series, I am calling it now that Karen or Foggy don't make it through season 3. You don't bring in Bullseye and not have him take away someone close to Matt.
    In that case I hope it IS karen. I love Foggy in that franchise

In that case I hope it IS karen. I love Foggy in that franchise
    Better Foggy than Karen. The show will instantly become more watchable.

I don’t think Matt’s been dating anyone and everyone at all. There were clear connections between him and all the women he’s been with since Karen, Dakota especially (my favorite ). They were all distinct and well thought out characters who each brought something different to their relationship with him.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-14-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I don’t think Matt’s been dating anyone and everyone at all. There were clear connections between him and all the women he’s been with since Karen, Dakota especially (my favorite ). They were all distinct and well thought out characters who each brought something different to their relationship with him.
    I agree with this as well. I've liked all of Matt's relationships post-Guardian Devil. While I said a couple of posts back that I believe Karen to be his one true love, I do believe Matt truly loved most of the women in his life albeit for different reasons and despite what I said about Karen I personally like him with Natasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Hey, speaking of that story. Can anyone place where the regular book was roughly when it came out? I have my long-standing read through of all of Daredevil and I figure I should probably include it, for better or for worse (especially since, once Volume 2 starts, I'm expanding to other Daredevil adjacent books like Daredevil Ninja anyway)? I've already read the story once and hated it so this isn't a question of whether I should read it, but when.
    The first issue of End of Days was released at the same time as Daredevil Vol.3 #19

Really intriguing teaser, maybe Matt bites the dust and finally reunite with Karen in the afterlife, which would pave the way for Mike Murdock to become the Superior Daredevil mwahahaha!!!!!!!

No but seriously with the Hood's appearance in the last issue, I wouldn't be surprised if he and Mike will resurrect Karen in order to mess with Matt (he tried something similar with the Punisher during the Remender's run) and it ends badly.

Karen Page shows up to Matt and says she is from an alternate universe, in her universe Matt died. She then recruits him and other Daredevils across the multiverse to stop............oh wait, Dan Slott is not writing this

In all seriousness, if they “kill” Matt off in favor of Blindspot I really wouldn’t be surprised. I would say I would be angry, but it’s comics and we know Matt will be back within the year. I’ve not really been a fan of Blindspot, especially with how he betrayed Matt in that one story arc.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    In all seriousness, if they “kill” Matt off in favor of Blindspot I really wouldn’t be surprised. I would say I would be angry, but it’s comics and we know Matt will be back within the year. I’ve not really been a fan of Blindspot, especially with how he betrayed Matt in that one story arc.
    I really hope that all of you that are predicting Blindspot will become Daredevil are wrong. That just sounds awful. Wasn't a fan of the character.

I really hope that all of you that are predicting Blindspot will become Daredevil are wrong. That just sounds awful. Wasn't a fan of the character.
    I’m not in favor of that happening either.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-15-2018 at 07:44 AM.