Page 37 of 103 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup. I LOVED their Old Man Logan run. Would totally be open to them on Daredevil
    Such a great run, I'm not sure if you read it already but you should try their Green Arrow and Gideon Falls runs, both are amazing too

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Lemire's Sentry was also not bad imo
    Yeah I really like it, a shame it's just a mini though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Such a great run, I'm not sure if you read it already but you should try their Green Arrow and Gideon Falls runs, both are amazing too
    Gideon Falls, yes absolutely. But I'm not much of a DC person for whatever reason. Maybe I'll check it out.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I would love for Donny Cates to add Daredevil to his duties. He is a fantastic writer!
    I haven't read any Donny Cates yet but I know he's all the rage and he would definitely boost Daredevil sales as he did for Doctor Strange and the recent Inhuman mini-series. I think there's a good possibility of him being the next DD scribe.

With regards to art duties, it would be great to see Lee Weeks as the regular artist but DC have him right now on Batman. Another artist who would bring grittyish but clearly beautifully drawn art would be Butch Guice. A truly great artist. Below is one of his covers from one of my favourite indie runs Winterworld:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Lee Weeks has obviously had two stints with Daredevil, but had a promise of so much more. He's certainly in my top five Daredevil artists.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

As far as i have knowledge for current Marvel writers , Andrea Sorrentino would be a best for Daredevil art , he had done some good job with OML

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I don't like Andrea Sorrentino's art. It's pretty to look at, but it often suffers with readability.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

https://www.newsarama.com/41950-marv...4-5-and-6.html

it probably won't get that far but it's glad to know they are thinking ahead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't like Andrea Sorrentino's art. It's pretty to look at, but it often suffers with readability.
    Tbh i am not a big fan of his art either but Marvel artists are actually lackluster towards how Daredevil should be drawn nowadays and those artists are a joke in terms of making costumes especially for female characters

BANNED

Can't wait to see the next season DD Season 3 , Heard that Bullseye is gonna be one of the main antagonists of this season ????

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Tbh i am not a big fan of his art either but Marvel artists are actually lackluster towards how Daredevil should be drawn nowadays and those artists are a joke in terms of making costumes especially for female characters
    Among the likes of Garney, Henderson, Noto, Buffagni, Landini, and others I’m unfortunately forgetting, Daredevil has not lacked for splendid artistic talent in the least during Soule’s run.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/41950-marv...4-5-and-6.html

it probably won't get that far but it's glad to know they are thinking ahead.
    Glad the door isn't automatically shut after season 3 though.

---

And yes, DD has always benefited from above-standard pencilers.

BANNED

I wasn't talking about Soule's run , it was quite impressive i must say but i think that Marvel artists were actually quite inconsistent nowadays in terms of solo comics , i mean it's quite dependent on Marvel writers to choose their artists . I have not seen any of the current Marvel Writers will quite suite with DD with their respective artists except for Spencer's (for his Steve Rogers Run) or Lemire (for OML) till now but if anyone has suggestions other than this Marvel Creators , i will be happy to welcome them...

Daredevil vs. Stiltman by Patrick Zircher

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Daredevil vs. Stiltman by Patrick Zircher

I love the perspective on the piece. Really cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Just came around to thank everybody that helped me with how to start reading Daredevil. So I guess the consensus is Man Without Fear? I'll start right away.
    Yep, start with Man Without Fear. Then I would read Miller's run, then if you like the character, DD Yellow. After that, Bendis, Bru and then grab some other lesser known runs like Nocenti's, and also the great Lee and Colan run.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor