Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yep, start with Man Without Fear. Then I would read Miller's run, then if you like the character, DD Yellow. After that, Bendis, Bru and then grab some other lesser known runs like Nocenti's, and also the great Lee and Colan run.
    How is the Typhoid's Kiss paperback by Nocenti? Worth having?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

If you like Nocenti, but it's not a Daredevil story at all, fyi. It's mostly Marvel Comics Presents stories featuring Wolverine.

ETA: I would say you can't go wrong with reading The Man Without Fear first, but I still don't think that's the best place. I think some of the changes (such as Elektra's psychopathic tendencies) were not an improvement. Also, I think the retcon first revealed in Daredevil #191 is told better in that story. To me, the best thing to do would be to start with Daredevil #164 and then skip to #168 and read Miller's original run (or read the issues Miller drew with McKenzie writing). Read all the way to #191.

That being said, I started with The Man Without Fear as well, so that's fine. Just make sure you read Miller's original run.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 09-25-2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    * John 12:40 - "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them."
    * Romans: 12:21 - "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
    * Isaiah 1:17 - "Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow."
    * Job 12:22 - "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light."
    * Job 30:26 - "Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness."
    * Romans 2:8 - "But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."
    * Deuteronomy 30:15 - "See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction."
    A new teaser trailer with Wilson Fisk: Burn

Daniel 9:5
    We have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Love the white suit. Cant wait for next month.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Love the white suit. Cant wait for next month.
    He may not be the Kingpin, but, yea, can’t wait!

BANNED

Honestly this video created more hype for me then even CM's trailer .............I am hoping that we will get to see new antagonists from the 3rd season unlike Fisk vs DD to happen again ?? If Bullseye will pull the trigger against DD , then i am good with that .......It will interesting to see how they will orchestrate the scenario as live action for Bullseye vs DD

Extraordinary Member

I love the Netflix version of the Kingpin and am absolutely thrilled to see that he's coming back as the main antagonist in season three. Definitely one of my all-time definitive versions! That said, I think the white suit looks kind of hokey irl, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I love the Netflix version of the Kingpin and am absolutely thrilled to see that he's coming back as the main antagonist in season three. Definitely one of my all-time definitive versions! That said, I think the white suit looks kind of hokey irl, quite frankly.
    Really? I don’t think the white suit looks too bad, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I'm still interested in a Kingpin mini series. 6, 8, 10 episodes, something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Eh.. not if he's been as boring as this Fisk. Hopefully he actually becomes the Kingpin in season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wouldn’t mind seeing them try to make sense of how someone as damaged as he is rises to possess the clout he does in season one.

Vincent D’Onofrio’s “Kingpin” by Bill Sienkiewicz

Last edited by Nanashi; 09-28-2018 at 12:17 PM.