Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Definitely do. It's absolutely worth having. It's not mega expensive but I've noticed the back issue price steadily increasing.

A genius script by Harlan Ellison and Arthur Byron Cover and wonderful pencils by David Mazzucchelli as per usual. I've said it before but it would be great to get all those issues between the two Frank Miller runs collected in one Omnibus.
    My expectation is the Epic Collection will probably divide it in three with 201-218 all in one book,

The Mazzucchelli/O'Neil issues are mostly collected in the Loves Labor Lost trade, but I definitely wouldn't recommend that if there was another option.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Daredevil by Chris Samnee

Last edited by Nanashi; 08-12-2018 at 01:34 PM.

BULLSEYE COULD MAKE DAREDEVIL SEASON 3 THE BEST ONE YET
    https://www.cbr.com/daredevil-season...seye-best-yet/

Probably, but if season three is the best yet it most likely wont be due to his inclusion. He’s just a guy who throws stuff. That’s it. Nothing more to the character than that. But I have a feeling Netflix will try to “fix” that just like how they, in the following instance unnecessarily, “fixed” the Kingpin.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-13-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Did someone change the thread title? May I ask why? It was better before.

Yeah, I was confused. I was like "did I type it that way by mistake?" I had the same title as before except I gave Matt Murdock and Daredevil equal billing.

If we can't have that, I'd definitely prefer "The Man Without Fear: The Daredevil Appreciation Thread"

That being said, it looks like we weren't the only one changed so maybe they're standardizing it somehow.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah they were all changed if they were created recently. For what reason? I have no idea. I think it stinks.

Their standardizations are lame and I can’t imagine what would necessitate completely changing the thread titles. If they had to, they could have just added 2018 to the existing titles and leave it there.

Incredible Member

If it were up to me, "The thread without fear! - Daredevil appreciation" would have been first choice

Marvel Reveals Daredevil's Fake Twin Brother Is Real
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/...-mike-murdock/

A nice summary on the who and why of Mine Murdock and how his reemergence could have come to be.

Incredible Member

It seems as though every copy of the latest Epic collection has a really ugly spine going on, but I think it's one of the last volumes that's gonna come out so I think I'll wait (until the rest of the volumes catches up) and see if Marvel do anything about it until I buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    It seems as though every copy of the latest Epic collection has a really ugly spine going on, but I think it's one of the last volumes that's gonna come out so I think I'll wait (until the rest of the volumes catches up) and see if Marvel do anything about it until I buy it.
    I suspect they're not going to reprint it until their stock runs out. It's disappointing, but it's only bad upon close examination.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I suspect they're not going to reprint it until their stock runs out. It's disappointing, but it's only bad upon close examination.
    Yeah probably.Seeing as though there are a lot of volumes still to come out I figure I can wait a while. If they don't do anything about it I will most likely still get it later. It's not a dealbreaker in that regard.
    After reading about it I actually noticed I have 2 DC books in my shelf that also has the front cover coming around to the spine.

Promising?
    https://twitter.com/gracerandolph/st...642295297?s=21

Maybe so, but I don’t know how she felt about the prior two seasons to get a sense of where her overall opinion stands. For instance, she could have liked season one (as many did, apparently) and holds this in similar acclaim. But, she could have also liked season two which makes her hinted positive take there rather meaningless.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-14-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

So what B-list villiains Daredevil would you like to see return to the book, I have few ideas:

Mr. Fear has not crossed paths with Matt in almost 10 years, despite the fact their last clash had grave consequences for Matt.

Bushwacker was a cool villain who got wasted by Wolverine years ago, often they wrote him like a poor man's Bullseye, put once and a while they gave him more interesting to do, talking about how he was a former priest and his religiousness can contrast with Matt's, if the writers are willing to go there.

Owl is a character who seems to get written a million different ways and was given an abilities upgrade by Waid (I'm not sure if it will stuck). I do like Owl being a rival to Kingpin, not being as intelligent or charismatic, but making up for it by being more reckless and willing to throw caution to the wind.

I would like see Bullet come back, he is a villain and a single father. That could be interesting in the right hands.

I would also like to see the Wildboys return but be a massive street gang, rather then just 2 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    So what B-list villiains Daredevil would you like to see return to the book, I have few ideas:

Mr. Fear has not crossed paths with Matt in almost 10 years, despite the fact their last clash had grave consequences for Matt.

Bushwacker was a cool villain who got wasted by Wolverine years ago, often they wrote him like a poor man's Bullseye, put once and a while they gave him more interesting to do, talking about how he was a former priest and his religiousness can contrast with Matt's, if the writers are willing to go there.

Owl is a character who seems to get written a million different ways and was given an abilities upgrade by Waid (I'm not sure if it will stuck). I do like Owl being a rival to Kingpin, not being as intelligent or charismatic, but making up for it by being more reckless and willing to throw caution to the wind.

I would like see Bullet come back, he is a villain and a single father. That could be interesting in the right hands.

I would also like to see the Wildboys return but be a massive street gang, rather then just 2 guys.
    Mr. Fear above all others. He sought to destroy Matt and succeeded. He won absolutely. It’d be very interesting for them to cross paths again and to see how Matt would approach him differently or not considering their history. It’s continually surprising no one has done anything with this.