Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

What are the complaints about season 2? I liked it a lot better than Season 1.

We had Daredevil in his suit. We got the billy club complete with cable. We had him settled into his role and got to watch some balance (although ultimately fail) between vigilante and lawyer... Not to mention the philosophy conflicts between Punisher and Daredevil... The hand stepped up compared to what they were in season 1 to be full on ninja threat...

If anything Elektra was the weakest link... but she always is in a Daredevil story. I thought season two was a major step up from the 'prequel/learning the ropes' thing we got season one.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

One of my biggest complaints is how much Matt isolated himself by the end. It went to a very dark and depressing place. The Hand themselves were somewhat nameless and formless so it made it hard to really relate to everyone. Foggy was far and away the most sympathetic character. I'm also an attorney, so I thought the trial work in season two was among the worst I've seen on television.

That being said, I think most people either disliked the Hand or felt the two plots were far too disjointed, so don't take my opinion as the majority opinion.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I don't have any issue with season 2. I just think we had a lot more focus on Matt in season 1 than 2.

Incredible Member

Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick heads up to anyone in here who enjoys digital comics: Comixology offers 60% off of any book of the recent run (from 2015) with the code "DD". It ends tomorrow though but it is usable on both trades and singles.

Regarding the show; I loved Elektra (and her relationship with Matt) in season 2 (she was not quite as good in Defenders) and I really hope she returns someday. But I would not mind if she's absent for most of season 3 though.
    Last edited by gohei_; 09-30-2018 at 02:04 AM.

BANNED

I heard from other forums that Matt's radar sense doesn't get affected by sonics or powerful sounds.... Can someone pls tell me is it true or not ?? If it's true then pls don't mind to explain DD's feats ...

Matt's Radar Sense has been explained a bunch of different ways from a sort of sonar (which would be the best real world explanation) to feeling air pressures in the room, to some kind of radar or other supernatural sense that's actually emitted from him. So the answer depends on how it's interpreted. Powerful sounds do affect Matt because he has sensitive hearing, but it probably does not affect his Radar Sense (unless you think it's sound based). However, physical debris in the air (including rain, which is something that blind people find more helpful if they're relying on echolocation) can affect his Radar Sense.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Well I heard that he had built sound dampeners for preventing his superhuman senses to get affected by sonics or overcrowded atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Matt's Radar Sense has been explained a bunch of different ways from a sort of sonar (which would be the best real world explanation) to feeling air pressures in the room, to some kind of radar or other supernatural sense that's actually emitted from him. So the answer depends on how it's interpreted. Powerful sounds do affect Matt because he has sensitive hearing, but it probably does not affect his Radar Sense (unless you think it's sound based). However, physical debris in the air (including rain, which is something that blind people find more helpful if they're relying on echolocation) can affect his Radar Sense.
    Agreed. It really depends on who's writing him at the time. Loud noises tend to 'overwhelm his senses' and confuse him... but whether his radar goes wonky, or he still has perfect radar and just can't react to it would be debatable.

I still think my favorite 'radar sense' was the described as his hearing, his touch and scent all working in perfect coordination and 'painting' a picture of the room he was in... So less a separate power and more 'all his powers working together' kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well I heard that he had built sound dampeners for preventing his superhuman senses to get affected by sonics or overcrowded atmosphere
    I have not heard that one... but since most of his powers rely on his being able to hear someone's heartbeat or the rustle of a gun leaving a holster.... Sound dampeners should only HURT his powers...

A recent Soule story indicates he has an automatic sound dampener in his cowl that kicks in in response to very loud noises. Essentially, it prevents him from getting incapacitated by noise without hampering his ability to hear usual sound.

A recent Soule story indicates he has an automatic sound dampener in his cowl that kicks in in response to very loud noises. Essentially, it prevents him from getting incapacitated by noise without hampering his ability to hear usual sound.
    I like that. It makes perfect sense that Matt would implement something like that over time.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agreed. It really depends on who's writing him at the time. Loud noises tend to 'overwhelm his senses' and confuse him... but whether his radar goes wonky, or he still has perfect radar and just can't react to it would be debatable.

I still think my favorite 'radar sense' was the described as his hearing, his touch and scent all working in perfect coordination and 'painting' a picture of the room he was in... So less a separate power and more 'all his powers working together' kind of thing.

I have not heard that one... but since most of his powers rely on his being able to hear someone's heartbeat or the rustle of a gun leaving a holster.... Sound dampeners should only HURT his powers...
    Yep. Mine, too.

Ehhh… that's the kind of stuff I don't like.

First of all... I'm not a fan of taking away a heroes' weakness. I think having weaknesses to exploit and overcome makes the best characters.

Secondly... how could Matt have done that? He's a lawyer not a sonics expert. It's like back in kevin Smith's run when it was decided that his costume was a heavy duty armor built by Reed Richards. Despite him constantly commenting over the years how him and armor don't work because of mobility issues. It was something that was bashed a lot during the fall from grace Black armor days...

but who, why and how did this new tech show up? Nothing in Matt's background shows that he'd have the ability to make it himself... and with all the secret identity stuff coming and going, he was having issues with his super hero allies too...

Someone like Batman historically should and could have the abiltiyt to produce 'Anti-plot device' items at whim.... but Daredevil always was the more modest street level type. His costume was home made, his billy club was a hook with rope attached... Putting a tape recorder in the handle was a big deal at the time. Automatic sound dampeners... that breaks my immersion.

First of all... I'm not a fan of taking away a heroes' weakness. I think having weaknesses to exploit and overcome makes the best characters.

Secondly... how could Matt have done that? He's a lawyer not a sonics expert. It's like back in kevin Smith's run when it was decided that his costume was a heavy duty armor built by Reed Richards. Despite him constantly commenting over the years how him and armor don't work because of mobility issues. It was something that was bashed a lot during the fall from grace Black armor days...

but who, why and how did this new tech show up? Nothing in Matt's background shows that he'd have the ability to make it himself... and with all the secret identity stuff coming and going, he was having issues with his super hero allies too...

Someone like Batman historically should and could have the abiltiyt to produce 'Anti-plot device' items at whim.... but Daredevil always was the more modest street level type. His costume was home made, his billy club was a hook with rope attached... Putting a tape recorder in the handle was a big deal at the time. Automatic sound dampeners... that breaks my immersion.
    That’s fair but he easily could have asked one of the more scientifically acute heroes for help as Daredevil. And after years of knowing he has such susceptibilities it’s not too far fetched to believe he’d want to do something about it.

I take it you didn't read the issue? It didn't fully work in that story.

As for how to obtain it, I feel like this technology exists now. It's basically headphones that listen to block excessive noise. He's always had his ears covered anyway.

The problem with DD season 2 is mainly the Hand.

They made the Electra portions of the show weaker because they were too vague as a group and a bit over the top which clashed with the grounded nature the netflix show lean towards. Iron fist season 1 and the defenders season 1 both try and give the Hand more of an explanation but it doesn't work as well. The Netflix shows ran into the same problem as Arrow season 4 when trying to go from grounded threats to a mystical one.