Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The problem with DD season 2 is mainly the Hand.

They made the Electra portions of the show weaker because they were too vague as a group and a bit over the top which clashed with the grounded nature the netflix show lean towards. Iron fist season 1 and the defenders season 1 both try and give the Hand more of an explanation but it doesn't work as well. The Netflix shows ran into the same problem as Arrow season 4 when trying to go from grounded threats to a mystical one.
    This. I preferred the smaller scale of Daredevil Season One. Better story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yep, start with Man Without Fear. Then I would read Miller's run, then if you like the character, DD Yellow. After that, Bendis, Bru and then grab some other lesser known runs like Nocenti's, and also the great Lee and Colan run.
    Thanks! I'ill look it up.

Do you guys happen to know if anything illustrated by Lee Weeks is good? Of course I'm talking about Daredevil here. Lee Weeks is coming to my country in the end of the year, and I would like to know if there is anything illustrated by him that would be worth to read/having it signed.

It’d be a nice a nice and welcome change of pace from gangsters and ninjas and gunmen.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-01-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Incredible Member

For those of you who has seen the second seasons of the other shows (JJ, Luke Cage, IF) is there anything in there that even slightly involves/references Daredevil? I'm asking because I haven't had the time to catch up on those and I doubt I will do so before season 3 hits.
    I'm guessing no, but I thought I would ask just in case, so I'm not missing anything.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    For those of you who has seen the second seasons of the other shows (JJ, Luke Cage, IF) is there anything in there that even slightly involves/references Daredevil? I'm asking because I haven't had the time to catch up on those and I doubt I will do so before season 3 hits.
    I'm guessing no, but I thought I would ask just in case, so I'm not missing anything.
    His “death” is referenced and mentioned in both JJ and IF. Don’t remember if it comes up in Luke Cage but it might.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    His “death” is referenced and mentioned in both JJ and IF. Don’t remember if it comes up in Luke Cage but it might.
    Yeah it did Clarie was comparing Luke to Matt before they broke up

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

So DDS3 will be an original story inspired by Guardian Devil & Born Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah it did Clarie was comparing Luke to Matt before they broke up
    That’s right, I remember that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So DDS3 will be an original story inspired by Guardian Devil & Born Again.

That’s right, I remember that now.
    I actually excited for that but I hope they include who's talking about Matt Murdock. But they also talked about why he's going back to Black because he feels he doesn't deserve it and he's blaming God and isolating himself even further. Also interesting to me is that Fisk is a FBI informant which will probably lead the FBI to chase down Daredevil maybe Fisk will make it seem they were working together. Im just generally excited for this season. This show was actually my major first exposure to Daredevil besides his Spiderman cameos in the games or 90s show. Cant wait for October 19th.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Hopefully not this season and they find a way to do it right.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah I don't want them to fall into the Spider-Man 3 trap. If Bullseye is going to be in this season, he and Fisk are more than enough as far as adversaries to Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah I don't want them to fall into the Spider-Man 3 trap. If Bullseye is going to be in this season, he and Fisk are more than enough as far as adversaries to Daredevil.
    Maybe not. They tend to have a tough time coming up with enough story to fill their thirteen episode allotment (assuming this season won’t be ten episodes like IF S2). And if nothing else, they can always, hopefully and MERCIFULLY, just cut Foggy and Karen screen time. They should do that anyway, actually. The show would only improve.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-01-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Hopefully not this season and they find a way to do it right.
    Do it right? Haha What show are you talking about?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

At least devote enough time to make him the main villain.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    At least devote enough time to make him the main villain.
    Hey, if I may ask, is Matt being a lawyer an influence on you at all on becoming an attorney?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-01-2018 at 04:56 PM.