Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Thanks! I'ill look it up.

Do you guys happen to know if anything illustrated by Lee Weeks is good? Of course I'm talking about Daredevil here. Lee Weeks is coming to my country in the end of the year, and I would like to know if there is anything illustrated by him that would be worth to read/having it signed.
    Yes, there absolutely is. Probably my favourite Daredevil story of all time (yes, better than Born Again IMHO) is "Angels Unaware" written and for the most part drawn by Lee Weeks. It's featured in the Daredevil Dark Nights Anthology series in issues 1-3.

Lee Weeks also had a decent run in Daredevil Vol. 1 (1964) drawing issues 284-285, 287-288, 291-295, 297-300, 380.

He's one of my favourite Daredevil artists (probably only Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli rank higher for me).

Btw, which country do you live in? It'd be great to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, there absolutely is. Probably my favourite Daredevil story of all time (yes, better than Born Again IMHO) is "Angels Unaware" written and for the most part drawn by Lee Weeks. It's featured in the Daredevil Dark Nights Anthology series in issues 1-3.

Lee Weeks also had a decent run in Daredevil Vol. 1 (1964) drawing issues 284-285, 287-288, 291-295, 297-300, 380.

He's one of my favourite Daredevil artists (probably only Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli rank higher for me).

That’s my favorite story too!! Highly recommend this issue to any DD fan who has not read this.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    1 Kings 14:9

All together:

* John 12:40 - "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them."
    * Romans: 12:21 - "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
    * Isaiah 1:17 - "Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow."
    * Job 12:22 - "He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light."
    * Job 30:26 - "Yet when I hoped for good, evil came; when I looked for light, then came darkness."
    * Romans 2:8 - "But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger."
    * Deuteronomy 30:15 - "See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction."
    * Daniel 9:5 - "We have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws."
    * 1 Kings 14:9 - "You have done more evil than all who lived before you. You have made for yourself other gods, idols made of metal; you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me."
    Next one:

Matthew 5:4 - "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Daredevil by Mike Henderson

Here it is guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Thank you so much for your help! I'll definitely see if I can get an issue #1 copy to have him sign. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll also be able to get a Daredevil commission from him.

I'm from Brazil. Lee Weeks is coming to São Paulo's Comic Con in the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That’s my favorite story too!! Highly recommend this issue to any DD fan who has not read this.
    I just started reading DD, but I always thought he was a cool character. Just added this to my "almost urgent reading list" haha
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-04-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Lee Weeks is a legend indeed. His Daredevil work is gorgeous. I am a big fan of his Cap too.

Good luck on the commission, please share if it works out.

Looks good

BANNED

Here it is guys!
    LOL Daredevil vs Daredevil ...... i guess that doppelganger is Bullseye ..... can't wait for 19th

Incredible Member

Holy crap that trailer!
    That scene with Matt in civilian clothing sitting down talking with Fisk looks like it's gonna be intense. And I'm pretty sure I saw a certain someone weilding sawblades as weapons

Here it is guys!
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OCT 19!!!! Prepare yourselves, people!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn Fisk found out who Matt really is. I don't expect Fisk to lose this season but hopefully Matt can clear the Daredevil name by the season end and reclaim his title

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    LOL Daredevil vs Daredevil ...... i guess that doppelganger is Bullseye ..... can't wait for 19th
    It's undoubtedly Bullseye, right? lol. I mean the way they showed his accuracy with the billy clubs and everything.

ALSO, I don't know if this was brought up, but Matt appears at the end of Punisher #2 and will be back in #3. It's very very good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's undoubtedly Bullseye, right? lol. I mean the way they showed his accuracy with the billy clubs and everything.

ALSO, I don't know if this was brought up, but Matt appears at the end of Punisher #2 and will be back in #3. It's very very good.
    It's was rumored that Wilson Bethel is going to act as Bullseye and this story is quite similar to "Born Again" in comics where Fisk sends DD's doppelganger to force Matt's return except for a change that this one is Bullseye....It's like we are up for a treat

Incredible Member

Since this is gonna take inspiration from the Born Again storyline, how many in here are gonna reread that particular arc before the season drops? I'm personally thinking of doing it since it's been long enough for me to forget about the small details that they might have thrown in. And I'm not gonna spoil myself by doing it since I already know the biggest plot points.