Page 6 of 103 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1544
  1. #76
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Oh no, what? DD's doing fine saleswise, about what it usually does.
    Yeah I don't see much of an issue here
    CaptainAmericaBatman
    DaredevilTheFlash
    NightwingWinterSoldierRedHood

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Oh no, what? DD's doing fine saleswise, about what it usually does.
    Is it? Iím mistaken, then, for I thought it was averaging more around 30k. Or at least it was last time I checked months ago. Finding it at mid 20k caught me off guard and I didnít remember having to scroll so far down to find it.

  3. #78
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Oh no, what? DD's doing fine saleswise, about what it usually does.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah I don't see much of an issue here
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Is it? Iím mistaken, then, for I thought it was averaging more around 30k. Or at least it was last time I checked months ago. Finding it at mid 20k caught me off guard and I didnít remember having to scroll so far down to find it.
    Yes and no.

    24k is not a great figure but seems to be more the norm at the moment.

    During Waid's run, DD was managing 40k. Near the end of his second run, it had slightly dropped.

    Charles Soule's run was around the 30k figure but has now fallen to the 20s. It does seem quite worrying. When a Marvel run dropped to 20k and below, it was terminated not too long after. I don't think this will be the case for DD as there is a regular readership and the trades sell quite well. If the numbers will start dipping too low, they'll start the renumbering game again, or if and when Soule steps away from the title.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    I’m glad my concern about the sales are largely unwarranted. At the same time, however, there seems to be a downward trend that isn’t too comforting.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-15-2018 at 09:48 PM.

  5. #80
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,908

    Default

    Sales seem to get lower and lower every relaunch. Even comparing to Waid's volume isn't worth the time.
    CaptainAmericaBatman
    DaredevilTheFlash
    NightwingWinterSoldierRedHood

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Sales seem to get lower and lower every relaunch. Even comparing to Waid's volume isn't worth the time.
    The incredibly consistent high quality of the comic coupled with the popularity and acclaim of the show makes this all the more puzzling.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-15-2018 at 09:55 AM.

  7. #82
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    The incredibly consistent high quality of the comic coupled with the popularity and acclaim of the show makes this all the more puzzling.
    I agree with you. I was speaking more generally about Marvel comics. Should have said that in that post.
    CaptainAmericaBatman
    DaredevilTheFlash
    NightwingWinterSoldierRedHood

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    The incredibly consistent high quality of the comic coupled with the popularity and acclaim of the show makes this all the more puzzling.
    I agree, it is quite puzzling.

    I bet if someone like Donny Cates or Tom King started to write DD, sales would skyrocket. They seem to have superstar status. Soule is just as good a writer as they are IMHO, but what do I know. I just finished reading Soule's She-Hulk 12-issue run. I really enjoyed it, especially the three parter with Matt and Steve Rogers. Great stuff.

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I agree, it is quite puzzling.

    I bet if someone like Donny Cates or Tom King started to write DD, sales would skyrocket. They seem to have superstar status. Soule is just as good a writer as they are IMHO, but what do I know. I just finished reading Soule's She-Hulk 12-issue run. I really enjoyed it, especially the three parter with Matt and Steve Rogers. Great stuff.
    Soule eclipses those two effortlessly (neither one of who’s appeal I get. I don’t think anything either has done is very good at all). I’d rather keep him on with the sales as is than have either one those guys come on and lose a good comic for the bump their names may or may not provide.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-15-2018 at 12:41 PM.

  10. #85
    Spectacular Member macjr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    It seems like this has been the trend with Daredevil (and perhaps other comics as well) where you do see a bit of a drop-off as time goes by. Happened with Bendis, Brubaker and Waid. If anything I am a little bummed only because I felt the last arc was the best in Soule's entire run to this point. I think there may be a part of it to that Marvel has some many titles and perhaps they are spread a little too thin.

    While I did not like much of what Kevin Smith did when he was writing Daredevil, I do agree when he said that Daredevil was the "Grateful Dead" of comics in that while he will never have the mainstream acclaim of a Batman or Spider-Man, he has a very devoted following that will always be there. I imagine between the digital downloads as well as trade sales, Daredevil is fine. And between the recent #600 and the lenticular cover issue that Daredevil can still draw in broader comic fans for significant events.

    And even if it got to the point where Marvel was concerned about sales they would do a renumbering or bring in a new creative team before they would cancel the book though I still think Soule has done a nice job.

  11. #86
    Spectacular Member macjr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Soule eclipses those two effortlessly (neither one of who’s appeal I get. I don’t think anything either has done is very good at all). I’d rather keep him on with the sales as is than have either one those guys come on and lose a good comic for the bump their names may or may not provide.
    While I concede I haven't read very much from either writer, I will disagree slightly in that Tom King's Vision mini from a few years ago was nothing short of amazing. I have it right up there with Born Again as one of my favorite comic stories ever and had no real interest or attachment to the Vision prior to reading it. Not suggesting that he could right a good DD book, but if he brought anything close to what he did with the Vision to Daredevil I would read it.

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    While I concede I haven't read very much from either writer, I will disagree slightly in that Tom King's Vision mini from a few years ago was nothing short of amazing. I have it right up there with Born Again as one of my favorite comic stories ever and had no real interest or attachment to the Vision prior to reading it. Not suggesting that he could right a good DD book, but if he brought anything close to what he did with the Vision to Daredevil I would read it.
    His Batman run (where I know him from) doesn’t leave me with such confidence. It’s been painfully boring and odd and utterly nonsensical. Logic and common sense are completely absent more often than not and it’s so blatant at times it’s as if he couldn’t care less. I’m almost convinced that his Batman only sells because it’s Batman and not much else.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-15-2018 at 05:34 PM.

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    An interview with Ann Nocenti on her DD run:

    https://twitter.com/launchpadpod/sta...429776896?s=21

  14. #89
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I just looked at the photo in there of the covers curling up. My god. That thing would bother me a lot more than the spine issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, unfortunately free shipping above $50 is only for the US.

    I recently ordered Avengers by Hickman Vol. 2 Omnibus, Batman by Moench & Jones Vol. 2 HC and the DD Epic Collection Root of Evil. The shipping came to $45 which is very high but the overall price kind of equalled out or is sometimes lower when compared to other sites for us Europeans. And their packaging is absolutely amazing. The times I've had a damaged book (extremely rarely), they've allowed me to keep the book and refunded me.

    In order to make an order worthwhile, I've had to add one or two smaller (TPBs, PHCs) books to the Omnibus/OHC or alternatively I order several smaller books. The larger the book, the higher the shipping cost.

    I have to say that the BD packaging is abysmal. I've received some books from sellers in those envelopes and it really is playing with fire.
    For fun I just did some comparing on those issues between IST and BD and yes IST came out just a tiny bit cheaper even with that big shipping fee. Next time I will place an order on new books I will compare prices between those two before buying. Long shipping times isn't really an issue for me if I can get it cheaper.

  15. #90
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,682

    Default

    Kinda weird that worries of this book's sales are being brought up just around the time I'm finally beginning to enjoy it.

    That said, I woud love to see what someone like Tom King could bring to this book. His Batman and Mr. Miracle are absolutely fantastic. OMG, then get Lee Weeks on art? DD dream team, right there.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 08-16-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •