Page 63 of 103 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Daredevil vs Hand Ninja by Stefano Landini

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Soule didn't want to leave the book.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...-to-star-wars/
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's some bullsh!t if true.
    Well, "didn't want to leave" isn't quite the same as being dragged kicking and screaming off the book. I expect Soule had a number of issues plotted ahead of time with the belief that he'd be on it a bit longer only to find out plans had changed. While it sucks for him in the sense that I'm sure he wanted to tell those other stories, at the same time he also knows that things can change at the drop of a hat and you've got to be ready to roll with it. It's not like he's not being allowed to give his run a proper wrap up. To be yanked mid-arc or something, now that would really be bullshit.

The fact that they're hustling Soule off the book makes me even more curious as to who's coming next. Either Marvel felt Soule's sales were too soft and they actively went looking for a new creative team to get the book where they want it to be or someone just came in with a pitch that was so good, they wanted to run with it as soon as possible.

I just wonder whatever the new direction will be if it will spring as much out of Marvel Knights as from the end of Soule's run.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, "didn't want to leave" isn't quite the same as being dragged kicking and screaming off the book. I expect Soule had a number of issues plotted ahead of time with the belief that he'd be on it a bit longer only to find out plans had changed. While it sucks for him in the sense that I'm sure he wanted to tell those other stories, at the same time he also knows that things can change at the drop of a hat and you've got to be ready to roll with it. It's not like he's not being allowed to give his run a proper wrap up. To be yanked mid-arc or something, now that would really be bullshit.

The fact that they're hustling Soule off the book makes me even more curious as to who's coming next. Either Marvel felt Soule's sales were too soft and they actively went looking for a new creative team to get the book where they want it to be or someone just came in with a pitch that was so good, they wanted to run with it as soon as possible.

I just wonder whatever the new direction will be if it will spring as much out of Marvel Knights as from the end of Soule's run.
    "...Charles Soule did have another ten or twelve issues planned before the series was brought to a conclusion for 2018. Plans for the character had… changed."

It could be a combination of those factors you mentioned.

Sales were not too great even though the Netflix series was doing great, therefore Marvel wants to do the renumbering game along with a new creative team.

Or it may be similar to what happened with Superman at DC. The current runs by Dan Jurgens and Peter Tomasi were highly praised and selling well BUT Bendis had come on board and he wanted Superman so DC gave him what he wanted. Maybe there's a hot creator interested?

HICKMAN AND YU HICKMAN AND YU HICKMAN AND YU

Just kidding. I don't know. But if that is the case that they've managed to get a big name creator who really wants to write Daredevil, it'd sure ease the pain of Soule leaving.

Just kidding. I don't know. But if that is the case that they've managed to get a big name creator who really wants to write Daredevil, it'd sure ease the pain of Soule leaving.
    If so, who could that BIG name be to pull Soule off? Other than maybe Donny Coates who seems to on everything and is heading the MK20 relaunch, no one comes to mind.

I’d welcome Hickman and Yu. They’d definitely ease the pain of losing Soule.

Hickman did come to mind. My goodness, that would be amazing, but doesn't seem possible. If so, it would be a very long game.

I wouldn't be against having Leinil Yu, not my first choice but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    If so, who could that BIG name be to pull Soule off? Other than maybe Donny Coates who seems to on everything and is heading the MK20 relaunch, no one comes to mind.

I’d welcome Hickman and Yu. They’d definitely ease the pain of losing Soule.
    I mentioned Donny Coates several posts back. He definitely seems more likely than Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hickman did come to mind. My goodness, that would be amazing, but doesn't seem possible. If so, it would be a very long game.

I wouldn't be against having Leinil Yu, not my first choice but not bad.
    Just the way I like it. And Daredevil goes really well with slow burns in my opinion.

Just the way I like it. And Daredevil goes really well with slow burns in my opinion.
    ...and Hickman is a world builder so he could bring in the majority of Daredevil's co-starring characters and a ton of new ones to boot as he did with his Avengers run.

BANNED

"...Charles Soule did have another ten or twelve issues planned before the series was brought to a conclusion for 2018. Plans for the character had… changed."

It could be a combination of those factors you mentioned.

Sales were not too great even though the Netflix series was doing great, therefore Marvel wants to do the renumbering game along with a new creative team.

Or it may be similar to what happened with Superman at DC. The current runs by Dan Jurgens and Peter Tomasi were highly praised and selling well BUT Bendis had come on board and he wanted Superman so DC gave him what he wanted. Maybe there's a hot creator interested?
    That last point seems very likely to me. Maybe not someone new to Marvel but if Donny Cates decided that he really wanted to start writing DD after the MK series was over, I think that Marvel would bend over backwards to accommodate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Soule didn't want to leave the book.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...-to-star-wars/
    Well he did mention earlier this year that he had a story with Maggie Murdock that was supposed to come out around the start of 2019

source: https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...27045182226435

So yeah it seems there was a change of plans.

...and Hickman is a world builder so he could bring in the majority of Daredevil's co-starring characters and a ton of new ones to boot as he did with his Avengers run.
    I should have never brought him up because I'm setting myself up for total disappointment when he's not the next writer.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I would have liked another year, but I understand a relaunch. Unless Christopher Priest is a really good actor, I'm sure it's not him as much as he really wants it. Other than that, who knows?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That last point seems very likely to me. Maybe not someone new to Marvel but if Donny Cates decided that he really wanted to start writing DD after the MK series was over, I think that Marvel would bend over backwards to accommodate him.
    Yes, I think it would be hard for Marvel to refuse him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Well he did mention earlier this year that he had a story with Maggie Murdock that was supposed to come out around the start of 2019

source: https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...27045182226435

So yeah it seems there was a change of plans.
    It's a shame the story with Maggie didn't come to fruition. Maybe he'll get a DD mini-series at some point where he could incorporate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I would have liked another year, but I understand a relaunch. Unless Christopher Priest is a really good actor, I'm sure it's not him as much as he really wants it. Other than that, who knows?
    You never know, Priest could be in the running.

Charlie Cox interview with Kuljit Mithra of manwithoutfear.com.

http://www.manwithoutfear.com/darede...ws/Charlie-Cox