Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yup. Everyone.
    Nope. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Yeah i am with him
    You’re wrong, too. So very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    You’re wrong, too. So very wrong.
    Just because you don't like two of the characters from the show doesn't mean they don't have purpose. And honestly, I don't care how you feel about them or the show, although your back and forth can be confusing at times. But they're critical to the show and to Daredevil as a character.

Just because you don't like two of the characters from the show doesn't mean they don't have purpose. And honestly, I don't care how you feel about them or the show, although your back and forth can be confusing at times. But they're critical to the show and to Daredevil as a character.
    It’s not because I don’t like them they don’t have a purpose. It’s because their respective storylines are utterly disposable and add nothing whatsoever to the central conflict or anything at all for that matter. Other than to pad the run time, of course.

I don’t go back and forth. If I do and if you’d care to please provide some examples of this. I’ve always maintained that those characters are worthless and in the case of one down right awful.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-28-2018 at 01:40 PM.

If you honestly think the show works without FOGGY NELSON and KAREN PAGE, then I really don't know what to tell you. But I'm not going to continue debating it because you've been very clear that there's no changing your mind there (though it's the show as a whole that you've gone back on forth on of late).

BANNED

I thought it was the best comic adaptation for TV series , and i have polled on other forums and 80 to 90% agree with me on this .
    I do realize that there are some flaws regarding some moments/characters in this season , which i come to realize across this thread but i think that every good CBM or CBTV are meant to have some raw tastes which are not liked sometimes. That's how they become great .

If you honestly think the show works without FOGGY NELSON and KAREN PAGE, then I really don't know what to tell you. But I'm not going to continue debating it because you've been very clear that there's no changing your mind there (though it's the show as a whole that you've gone back on forth on of late).
    The way Foggy and Karen are sent off on their own separate useless adventures? Yea, the show absolutely works without them and benefits monumentally from their exclusion. It’s not even a debate. And dude, did you really sit through the half or more of that episode they wasted on Karen’s past? Goodness, you have a will of iron.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I thought it was the best comic adaptation for TV series , and i have polled on other forums and 80 to 90% agree with me on this .
    I do realize that there are some flaws regarding some moments/characters in this season , which i come to realize across this thread but i think that every good CBM or CBTV are meant to have some raw tastes which are not liked sometimes. That's how they become great .
    This season was good, yes, when you remove Karen and Foggy. One constantly gets in over her head and the other whines and cries. That’s quite literally all they do.

The way Foggy and Karen are sent off on their own separate useless adventures? Yea, the show absolutely works without them and benefits monumentally from their exclusion. It’s not even a debate. And dude, did you really sit through the half or more of that episode they wasted on Karen’s past? Goodness, you have a will of iron.
    They're not Matt's lackeys. They're independent and I love that they were given their own threads. And while uncomfortable, that was a great episode. Which was its purpose. How you can formulate any opinion on the show is beyond me if you skip all the scenes that feature Foggy and Karen. You've missed 50% of the whole show.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Awesome Daredevil by Ryan Ottley!

I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan Ottley have a stint on Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan Ottley have a stint on Daredevil.
    He's been doing wonderful on Amazing Spider-Man.. but Ramos is doing the current arc so he's certainly freed up.

They're not Matt's lackeys. They're independent and I love that they were given their own threads. And while uncomfortable, that was a great episode. Which was its purpose. How you can formulate any opinion on the show is beyond me if you skip all the scenes that feature Foggy and Karen. You've missed 50% of the whole show.
    I skipped all of Karen’s scenes. Let me a take a wild guess at what happens? Are you ready? She tired to do something. She’s told not to. She does anyway. She gets in trouble that puts herself in danger? Sound about right? And he flashback? She does drugs and hurts someone close to her? A family member I bet? Spot on right? Now let’s do Foggy. He cries, he whines. He cries some more, whines some more. He sets out to do something but in the end doesn’t for one reason or another. Right? Right.

The 50% is the show they comprise is throwaway. You can skip all of their scenes and not miss a single beat because nothing they do matters to the story I’m here to watch.

Why do you even watch the show then? Seriously, why are you wasting your time? Because by your logic is all Matt does is get beat up lot, tries to recover, alienate everybody and track someone down to fight them. That's at least 80% of the show with Karen and Foggy so what exactly do you get out of watching? You've essentially admitted to skipping all of their scenes. Do you skip all the panels in the comics that don't feature Matt? How do you know what you're missing or what's going on?

Karen being featured in Punisher was great and her continued GROWTH as a character in this season was certainly welcome. Her relationship with Ben Urich in season 1 was sweet in its own right and her continuing relationship with the Bulletin and Mitch Ellison is always enjoyable to watch. Her and Mitch play so well off of each other. Her secret of killing Wesley coming to a boiling point was so compelling. Foggy doing zero whining or crying and standing up for himself against Fisk and the DA and formulating his own plans was certainly enjoyable. But you wouldn't know that because you just skip to the fun fight scenes.
    Last edited by cc008; 10-28-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Why do you even watch the show then? Seriously, why are you wasting your time? Because by your logic is all Matt does is get beat up lot, tries to recover, alienate everybody and track someone down to fight them. That's at least 80% of the show with Karen and Foggy so what exactly do you get out of watching? You've essentially admitted to skipping all of their scenes. Do you skip all the panels in the comics that don't feature Matt? How do you know what you're missing or what's going on?

Karen being featured in Punisher was great and her continued GROWTH as a character in this season was certainly welcome. Her relationship with Ben Urich in season 1 was sweet in its own right and her continuing relationship with the Bulletin and Mitch Ellison is always enjoyable to watch. Her and Mitch play so well off of each other. Foggy doing zero whining or crying and standing up for himself against Fisk and the DA and formulating his own plans was certainly enjoyable. But you wouldn't know that because you just skip to the fun fight scenes.
    Matt is an interesting character. Foggy and Karen are not. There’s nothing interesting about them other than they know Daredevil. I’m speaking strictly about the show. Not the comics. Foggy in the comics is cool. In the show he nags and whines and complains and is generally very annoying so much so that I forget he’s even a lawyer. The horrendous acting of the actor doesn’t help. Karen is less annoying but just as much of a waste of time on screen. I didn’t mind her too much in Punisher. Fancy that.