Page 73 of 103 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1544

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I would love to see Jason Fabok have a long run on the series with an amazing writer.
    I like Fabok’s art a lot but he tends to draw his characters really bulky whereas DD has more a lean physique. I’d hope he could adjust to that.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-04-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I have to admit, I did skip through some of that episode because it was taking away from the main story. But otherwise, the whole season was amazing.
    Yes! All of Karen and Foggy’s solo stories egregiously hampered the main story. Whenever they came on screen the show just STOPPED so Foggy could uselessly run for D.A. or cry to his girlfriend for minutes on end or pointlessly have Karen unsuspectingly set up on a date by her boss or show a backstory that adds nothing to the current goings on. So much filler nonsense to pad the show’s run time! It was ridiculous! After six episodes of their filler incessantly impeding the flow of an otherwise excellent show enough was a enough and whenever either one was on screen without a main character it was an easy skip!

All right. I think I may be done with this now.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-04-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Last, I recently added issues 186, 189, 190, 191 to my collection Still have a ways to go but one step closer to completing my collection.
    Very cool. The nice thing about Frank Miller's run is he paid a lot of attention to page layout and, especially, page turns. Sometimes, when collected in trade, they don't reproduce the page turns and it's not as good.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Last, I recently added issues 186, 189, 190, 191 to my collection Still have a ways to go but one step closer to completing my collection.
    Congrats Jekyll on acquiring those fantastic Miller issues. I remember that feeling of getting ever closer to the goal.

so when will there be a Foggy Nelson legal drama mini-series or one -shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Foggy will get the spotlight in one of the Man Without Fear issues in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    He has a really good dedicated story issue in 600.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-06-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Are you asking which of those issues are worth reading or which are worth signing? I think 284-290 is an extremely underrated story (I've referenced it a lot recently given the events of the Netflix season), but it's not all Lee Weeks. #291 isn't all that exciting. I found #292-295 to be relatively bad but not as bad as I was expecting considering that Chichester's run goes to some pretty rough places. #297-300 is probably the story that stands out most for him. It's Chichester's best story and probably the most famous of these stories. So, if I were to pick a story worth signing, I would just say Last Rites (297-300). But I think 284-290 is worth reading as well.

If you're interested, Lee Weeks also did Daredevil Dark Nights #1-3, which is a really, really good story that is written and drawn by Lee Weeks.
    Thanks a lot for the help! I actually already read Daredevil Dark Nights when Raffi recommended it, and I'm definitely having it signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I agree with Mike_Murdock that Daredevil #297-300 are probably the best to get signed.

Of course, Dark Nights #1-3 as IMHO (and Jekyll's), it's the best DD story out there.
    Thanks again for the help Raffi!

If you guys had to choose between 297, 298, 299 and 300 to get in NM condition so that Lee can sign, which one would you choose? I'm inclined to think 300 is the best option, since comics and round numbers always seem to go together.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'd say 300. It's the big momentous issue and has a pretty solidly cool cover as long as he has a silver pen or something to sign it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Here are my thoughts about MKS #1 .

spoilers:
    All of those people from Luke Cage , Bullseye , FF , Kingpin , Walters , Foggy have been mindwiped or in simple words it felt like the the whole world has been mindwiped . Matt is still having amnesia but he is getting his memories eventually . But it was surprising to see Victor with Crossbones and Taskmaster in the end .

All in all the art was really great(especially the 10 panel which looked awesome) but the issue didn't gave me anything much new tbh , which i was quite expecting , after reading the preview , hopefully things will patch up on the next issue which i expect from Donny Cates none
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-08-2018 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Thanks a lot for the help! I actually already read Daredevil Dark Nights when Raffi recommended it, and I'm definitely having it signed.

Thanks again for the help Raffi!

If you guys had to choose between 297, 298, 299 and 300 to get in NM condition so that Lee can sign, which one would you choose? I'm inclined to think 300 is the best option, since comics and round numbers always seem to go together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'd say 300. It's the big momentous issue and has a pretty solidly cool cover as long as he has a silver pen or something to sign it.
    I agree. DD #300!

Ps. Please say Hi to Mr. Weeks from a big Polish/British fan

I recently finished an Hickman Avengers and Secret Wars readathon including the mass majority of the Secret Wars mini-series. Various iterations of Matt Murdock/Daredevil from the various universes appear here and there. I have to say that the coolest and most memorable version is the blind knife wielding minstrel Matthew Murdoch from the "1602" universe who appears in the 5-issue "Inhumans: Attilan Rising" written of course by......Charles Soule.

That's so funny. I just started re-reading Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars epic.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's so funny. I just started re-reading Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers/Secret Wars epic.
    I think "epic" aptly describes it.