Page 8 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    This is Misty earlier than we've ever seen her before (before her first appearances in Iron Fist and all that), so it's hard to judge her later appearances based on that. That being said, her first interaction with Iron Fist wasn't much different. She treated him with suspicion and attacked him.

Anyway, it's hard to say what to think based on the little we've seen. I do like the idea of bringing a New York experience - particularly of a New York from the less gentrified days. Obviously, the Hell's Kitchen of today's New York isn't the Hell's Kitchen of the 70s and 80s.
    I’ll have to take your word on that since I’m not as familiar with her, but if that is the case than she is a very unlikeable character. Her vile coarseness is completely off putting.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-18-2018 at 01:56 AM.

There’s an interesting leaked image from DD season three out there that may perplex some, but for those who are familiar with a particular seminal story this season is very likely based on, you’ll probably have a better guess at what’s happening.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-18-2018 at 08:27 AM.

It's awesome and I cannot wait.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Remember, if you need to check out the shipping costs on IST, you need to sign in (doesn't cost anything except your time ). Once you start putting things in your cart, the shipping costs will alter. The first item always has a surprisingly high cost of around $20-30 but then the price "evens" out as you add further items.
    Understood

By the way, please post an update whenever you get your copy of that DD epic, if by any chance it's not faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    There’s an interesting leaked image from DD season three out there that may perplex some, but for those who are familiar with a particular seminal story this season is very likely based on, you’ll probably have a better guess at what’s happening.
    I looked at the photo and I was like "what's he (Nanashi) talking about?" so I went an looked in my copy of Born Again and saw it, but I had no memory of reading it. Guess it's been a while.
    Will be intersting to see how it's done in the show.
    Last edited by gohei_; 08-18-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I feel this is going to be difficult because I heard it's a pretty big spoiler.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I feel this is going to be difficult because I heard it's a pretty big spoiler.
    It’s nothing Earth shattering, I’d say.

BANNED

Been reading some DD epic collections on Comixology

Touch of typhoid
    Heart of darkness

And got root of evil, fall from grace and widows kiss to go.

Been great reading these 80/90s stories again.

I expect DD will relaunch at #1 around #610 with maybe a new team, would love to see Bachelo's take on DD.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

Touch of typhoid
    Heart of darkness

Love Touch of Typhoid and Heart of Darkness. It's a shame that the earlier Nocenti stories haven't been properly collected yet. Widow's Kiss is another good one. I haven't read much of the earlier 90s stuff, though.

I expect DD will relaunch at #1 around #610 with maybe a new team, would love to see Bachelo's take on DD.
    Soule has mentioned plans to bring back Maggie for a story in early 2019, so we know he's staying on through at least the beginning of next year. If it keeps on shipping at the rate it is now, that would mean at least 5-10 more issues of Soule after #610. But yeah, a new #1 is inevitable whenever the new creative team comes on.

I personally would love it if the stars aligned so that Greg Smallwood could have an extended run drawing Daredevil.

I’ve never boughten a DD comic. I’ve been getting several Epic series and DD will probably be the next one I get. Probably vol 1 since I’ve never read it before.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Understood

By the way, please post an update whenever you get your copy of that DD epic, if by any chance it's not faulty.
    Sure, will do.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

Touch of typhoid
    Heart of darkness

Widow's Kiss Epic Collection is pretty good. Daredevil was back on form after the DG Chichester / "Alan Smithee" period.

I'm not a big fan of Bachelo's. I liked his work on Dead Boy Detectives but disliked the layouts for Wolverine & X-Men. Nice art but extremely chaotic and at times hard to decipher.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd line g View Post
    I’ve never boughten a DD comic. I’ve been getting several Epic series and DD will probably be the next one I get. Probably vol 1 since I’ve never read it before.
    If you like wordy Silver Age and at times corny stories, Vol. 1 is fine. If you're not a fan, you're better off starting with Frank Miller's run (the Omnibus is great).

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    If you like wordy Silver Age and at times corny stories, Vol. 1 is fine. If you're not a fan, you're better off starting with Frank Miller's run (the Omnibus is great).
    I’ve got vol 1 of Cap, Thor, ASM, etc... so I don’t mind it at all. Thanks!

Incredible Member

I really liked those early issues up until Miller's run. He's still the same character just that the stories themselves were more light, you might even call them silly or campy.
    There's roughly 150 issues or so but the ones that I found bad or boring can be counted on one hand.

Marvel Knights Revamp Revealed to be a Six-Issue Series

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-knights-revamp-miniseries/

Whose that guy underneath Punisher? Marvel boy?

The annual sounds cool and good to know season 3 is in December. They save the best for last.