Page 93 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1544
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think it’s more than likely that Disney+ will pick it up. Don’t know about the other shows. Maybe we’ll get Heroes For Hire. Still, I think going to Disney’s service is the likeliest outcome for Daredevil.
    Except Disney is not going to let R-rated content on their site.

Charles Soule swears this isnt his fault or idea when he said DEATH OF DAREDEVIL:
    15D74EBE-7524-46BF-BA64-5C840C197971.jpg

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Charles Soule swears this isnt his fault or idea when he said DEATH OF DAREDEVIL:
    Charles Soule getting DD canceled is officially canon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Honestly, there’s no need for it to be MA-rated. So they scrub the f-bombs? Is blood spatter what made it a good show? I think people are way too hung up on making these R-type when it brings no real benefit in the long term. Anyway, if they do continue it, I can’t imagine it would depart from the original tone in any serious way.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Charles Soule getting DD canceled is officially canon.
    Makes me sad looking at #612 now because I have the TV Show variant. Death of Daredevil is fitting
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Honestly, there’s no need for it to be MA-rated. So they scrub the f-bombs? Is blood spatter what made it a good show? I think people are way too hung up on making these R-type when it brings no real benefit in the long term. Anyway, if they do continue it, I can’t imagine it would depart from the original tone in any serious way.
    100% agree. I'm very sick of the whole 'It's gotta be rated R or it doesn't count' crowd that pops up all the time now... I plan on going to see the Deadpool Christmas release just to support a pg13 version!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Is it my imagination or did season three tone down the gore a bit compared to the past two seasons?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Saddened by Daredevil's cancellation. It will be missed. S1 and S3 to single out, likewise Cox and D'Onofrio.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    This is officially the best stuff Soule has ever written. Even though I just enjoyed his run on DD, it was worth it just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    You realize that not caring for something and nothing happening on not the same thing.

Mayor Fisk alone is something big that happened. A number of characters were introduced who could be used in the future. And then we have the Supreme arc, which allows narrative potential for a number of stories in the future without requiring people to go down that path.
    It's not really that nothing happened. It's just that, AFAIC, it felt uneventful, which is precisely what bothers me about Soule's writing. What was told should have been memorable, but his writing is really bland and it never made me feel it was important.

I’m not surprised Netflix cancelled Daredevil, not that the show wasn’t good, I just thought the writing was on the wall that Netflix and Disney was looking to cut ties.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    To an extent, I have to agree. Noto was a big sell for me these last few arcs and if it wasn't for him, there's a chance I may've decided to just skip them.

Anyway, I absolutely agree with the notion of moving on. Outside of explaining how his secret id was put back in the bottle (which was admittedly, absolutely brilliant), I just really don't feel like anything really happened during this run. I've never cared for Blindspot and The Kingpin just didn't seem terribly intimidating here. That and he's always been more interesting as a man clawing his way back to the top of the criminal heap than someone resting on his laurels.
    Huh? Nothing happened ……Blindspot, Ten Fingers, Muse, the return of Echo, Daredevil’s secret identity back in place, the court judgement on masked heroes testifying in court, Father Jordan and his Order, Daredevil's "new" allies within the Inhumans, Mayor Fisk…..

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I get the feeling that the Supreme arc, had it been done by Garney, or Hendersen, would have been much more memorable.
    It was memorable, but you're right, Ron Garney (or even Mike Henderson) would have been fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I thought what the artist did was memorable. Then again, I think I’m the only one here who likes the art for that arc.
    I think you're probably the only one The art by Alec Morgan just wasn't to my liking and IMHO was the downside to the run. I'm not saying he's a bad artist, he's pretty good but just didn't fit with Daredevil especially after the Garney goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    You realize that not caring for something and nothing happening on not the same thing.

Mayor Fisk alone is something big that happened. A number of characters were introduced who could be used in the future. And then we have the Supreme arc, which allows narrative potential for a number of stories in the future without requiring people to go down that path.
    Absolutely, there are quite a few repercussions coming out of Soule's run for Matt, New York, Elektra, Blindspot.....

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    It's not really that nothing happened. It's just that, AFAIC, it felt uneventful, which is precisely what bothers me about Soule's writing. What was told should have been memorable, but his writing is really bland and it never made me feel it was important.
    His writing "identity" may not come across as strongly as say Bendis, Brubaker or Waid. They all have certain traits that you can readily identify with. Soule seems to go along with the flow of the character injecting a little here and there but nothing too over the top. He can start a little slow but once he gets going, he draws you in with some gratifying results. I enjoyed his She-Hulk run and his Inhumans have been quite interesting to read. I do feel the ending of Daredevil was ever so slightly rushed and the last arc wasn't on par with some of the earlier ones. It would have been great if he could have been given another five or so issues.

I know it seems like a really bad thing now but this could open up the way for him to be introduced in movies in 3-5 years. With a different actor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I know it seems like a really bad thing now but this could open up the way for him to be introduced in movies in 3-5 years. With a different actor though.
    This is obviously the silver lining, but I'm really bothered by the cancelation. It feels so petty.