Page 11 of 196 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Well the pink . . . Ok we'll say magenta to be accurate . . . Boots were part of the original costume design for Red and I have no idea why they went that way. But then I really liked his all black costume and the black boxing boots from X-Treme because they make more sense for a thief. And no bandana! Although I do love his OG look too, even if it is damn ridiculous.
    I really liked his X-treme look too and I agree: it just looked more realistic for a thief. I'm not a fan of his Red costume...the purply-pink boots--and that red X symbol? Ugh. It looks like it's just stuck on or something.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

My personal favorite is the costume from Asmus's run
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

oh, great, they've got every issue on mycomicshop.com
    and here I am with $20.00 in my checking account, with four series on my pull list.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I really liked his X-treme look too and I agree: it just looked more realistic for a thief. I'm not a fan of his Red costume...the purply-pink boots--and that red X symbol? Ugh. It looks like it's just stuck on or something.
    One of my favorite explanations for the searing pink is that Gambit is such a good thief that he feel he needs a handicap to have a challenge. Hence, the glow-in-the-dark colors.

But that Red X symbol does not look good on anyone. It's as if it's a velcro patch that they all reluctantly stuck on their clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    My personal favorite is the costume from Asmus's run
    I liked that, other than the beanie that made the occasional, heinous appearance.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

X-Treme and Asmus/Mann solo looks are my favorite. Both, pretty similar. Lot's of black, utility pouches. Both were more functional.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    X-Treme and Asmus/Mann solo looks are my favorite. Both, pretty similar. Lot's of black, utility pouches. Both were more functional.
    I liked that about his recent AXM look too. The bandanna looked a little off but I was okay with it.
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 08-17-2018 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Too many "a little"s
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

I also did not hate the Astonishing look, but, yeah, x-treme and asmus series were my favorite. The current 'spacesuit' isn't bad either.

Yeah, I kind of love the space suits!

I kind of like the headcanon idea that Remy has a stealth mode costume (all black) for thievery and subterfuge and a superhero/battle costume with the bolder magenta and silver tones.

I really like Rogue's space costume because it has more black on it and is more fitted. Though her classic green and yellow with the bomber jacket is an all time favorite. She is due for a costume reworking and it would be cool to see her jacket back.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    One of my favorite explanations for the searing pink is that Gambit is such a good thief that he feel he needs a handicap to have a challenge. Hence, the glow-in-the-dark colors.

But that Red X symbol does not look good on anyone. It's as if it's a velcro patch that they all reluctantly stuck on their clothes.

I liked that, other than the beanie that made the occasional, heinous appearance.
    Haha, yes! Thievery in hard mode because he's just that good!

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It's like Jean handed them out at the last minute to make them look like a team and they all kind of humoured her because, you know, she just came back from the dead, LOL.

Yeah, I kind of love the space suits!

I kind of like the headcanon idea that Remy has a stealth mode costume (all black) for thievery and subterfuge and a superhero/battle costume with the bolder magenta and silver tones.

I really like Rogue's space costume because it has more black on it and is more fitted. Though her classic green and yellow with the bomber jacket is an all time favorite. She is due for a costume reworking and it would be cool to see her jacket back.
    Yeah, I like the idea of Gambit having two kinds of costumes, depending on the mission. Oof, I don't know if I can pick a favourite Rogue costume. The bomber jacket was very cool, but I still kind of like the green hood for some reason (as my avatar clearly shows, ha).

Kelly just answered a bunch of asks on Tumblr, all good stuff. Sounds like Bella Donna will show up in #6! Whoot!!

Kelly just answered a bunch of asks on Tumblr, all good stuff. Sounds like Bella Donna will show up in #6! Whoot!!
    Thanks for the head's up! So, dare we assume Jean-Luc and Tante Matti will also appear...? Gosh I hope so.

I think #6 is released in December...so, at first, I was thinking it might be an X-mas issue, but maybe...not? *shrugs*

Spectacular Member

I was hoping for an XMas issue too. I once had the X-Men #109 special holiday issue, but over the years I parred down my issues to about 40 issues kept in boxes.

Just got Kelly's autographed issues and I got a taco reference on my issue. I am really trying to control myself and not go overboard on variants and such. Haha she just responded to a "will we have a wedding special issue" for Romy, and I'm reminded of how Batcat's wedding book is coming out in September to celebrate a nonwedding?

Spectacular Member

That's great! I wonder who else is gonna make an appearance. Who else do you guys think will make cameos?

Thanks for the head's up! So, dare we assume Jean-Luc and Tante Matti will also appear...? Gosh I hope so.

I think #6 is released in December...so, at first, I was thinking it might be an X-mas issue, but maybe...not? *shrugs*
    I'm sure hoping so! I know that was on her radar to do and she's pretty excited about that issue. Between MMX and Uncanny winter is gonna be awesome.