Page 50 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Ha, and we were just discussing wanting a holiday issue!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    On December 5, get in the holiday spirit with Marvel's MERRY X-MEN!

Read 25 holiday tales of the merry mutants all in one issue! What does Magneto do for Hanukkah? What’s Rogue and Gambit’s first married Christmas like? Is Jubilee truly the master of navigating malls during the holidays? These questions and more are answered as all your favorite X-Men and more creators than you can shake a jingle bell at come together for a holiday celebration to last all month long!

Featuring stories from Chris Sims, Chad Bowers, Rainbow Rowell, Chris Claremont, Matt Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, Kelly Thompson, Charles Soule, Tini Howard, Charlamagne Tha God, Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, Vita Ayala, Styles P, Cullen Bunn, Jean Grae, Esoteric, Sina Grace, Al Ewing, Leah Williams, Marco Failla, Kris Anka, Ryan Browne, and so many more, you won't want to miss the festivities in this issue!
    Thanks Juan. Good news. I hope KT will be the only one who will write Romy in this one shot.

I hope Chis Sims won't write the at all.

Hey Don, I'm right about something twice now! Am I psychic? LOL

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Rogue and Gambit's first christmas?
    Aw hell yeah.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

It's a very cute cover, and I'm generally very excited about the book. But, man, they have such an obvious turd in that punchbowl with Charlamagne.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    It's a very cute cover, and I'm generally very excited about the book. But, man, they have such an obvious turd in that punchbowl with Charlamagne.
    Hmmm, I admit I don't know a lot about this guy.

Otherwise, I am SO flippin excited for this holiday issue I can't even . . . It's just so funny we were just talking about this! Clearly we have our fingers on the pulse of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hey Don, I'm right about something twice now! Am I psychic? LOL
    So psychic. Keep it coming!

No but really, wow!
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

On December 5, get in the holiday spirit with Marvel's MERRY X-MEN!

Read 25 holiday tales of the merry mutants all in one issue! What does Magneto do for Hanukkah? What’s Rogue and Gambit’s first married Christmas like? Is Jubilee truly the master of navigating malls during the holidays? These questions and more are answered as all your favorite X-Men and more creators than you can shake a jingle bell at come together for a holiday celebration to last all month long!

Featuring stories from Chris Sims, Chad Bowers, Rainbow Rowell, Chris Claremont, Matt Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, Kelly Thompson, Charles Soule, Tini Howard, Charlamagne Tha God, Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, Vita Ayala, Styles P, Cullen Bunn, Jean Grae, Esoteric, Sina Grace, Al Ewing, Leah Williams, Marco Failla, Kris Anka, Ryan Browne, and so many more, you won't want to miss the festivities in this issue!
    Holy--! 25 tales? How long is this issue? Has this ever been done before...? I'm VERY excited for this. I find it funny how we discuss things...and then they happen in some form or another.

As for the drop in sales for MMX #2, I agree with you all: second issues never do as well as the first, but the numbers are fairly strong in comparison to the team books. I'm more worried about sales going forward. Thankfully the reviews for MMX so far are pretty outstanding, so that's encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Holy--! 25 tales? How long is this issue? Has this ever been done before...? I'm VERY excited for this. I find it funny how we discuss things...and then they happen in some form or another.

As for the drop in sales for MMX #2, I agree with you all: second issues never do as well as the first, but the numbers are fairly strong in comparison to the team books. I'm more worried about sales going forward. Thankfully the reviews for MMX so far are pretty outstanding, so that's encouraging.
    Sounds like a page per story, so 20-30 ish pages?

Sounds like a page per story, so 20-30 ish pages?
    Yeesh. Can you count a page or so as a "story/tale"? Oh well, take what we can get, I guess. I suppose this means #6 will definitely NOT be a Holiday issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

As for the sales I agree... not too worried. With how the plot is thickening I think issue #3 will have a jump (at least I hope). I'll admit... I made more efforts to buy multiple copies of the issue #1 since it was their wedding issue... but I did buy 2 copies of issue #2. I'll be buying the heck out of issue #3 for sure. I haven't checked if it'll have variants or how many if it will...

SUPER EXCITED FOR THE HOLIDAY BOOK!!!!!1!!!!

"There are 24 one page stories set from December 1st through 24th, and then a 6 pager set on the 25th!" So I'm guessing the last 6 are an ensemble story that ties them all together.

Also, speaking of issue #3... 2 MORE DAAAAAAYS!!!

I guess Noto has a variant but there isn't an image on Midtown comics for it yet.
    edit: nvm I found it.

side note on Holiday book: I truly hope KT is writing the Gambit and Rogue story. *Crosses fingers*

I just love to see them happy together.

"There are 24 one page stories set from December 1st through 24th, and then a 6 pager set on the 25th!" So I'm guessing the last 6 are an ensemble story that ties them all together.
    Ah, Advent calendar style. Witty. Does each page come with a chocolate?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Also, speaking of issue #3... 2 MORE DAAAAAAYS!!!

I guess Noto has a variant but there isn't an image on Midtown comics for it yet.
    edit: nvm I found it.

side note on Holiday book: I truly hope KT is writing the Gambit and Rogue story. *Crosses fingers*
    I would think so...it would be funny if she had a stipulation in her contract with Marvel about being "head Romy/Rambit writer". LOL

As for the cover...have we determined who the redhead is? Jean? EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's been confirmed it's Jean.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 09-17-2018 at 03:35 PM.