Page 183 of 196 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2938
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    The R&G scene on the beach.. yeah I don't think he was giving up on her but just telling her "hey, I can't do this alone". People were upset because they felt that that version of Gambit betrayed the Harbor speech he gave her back in Legacy. I don't think he was contradicting himself though. Rogue is a very complicated character who isn't going to be won over by someone not doing anything. Remy has always been the one to pursue her and he has always behaved this way because he knows if he doesn't she won't give anyone the time of day. Rogue has her own set of problems that makes her push people away. She's the kind of person you need to pursue in order to prove she's worth the effort due to all of her insecurities. I mean, her powerset would make most men run for the hills but not Remy.

I suppose that's why the whole Gross-neto ship pissed me off. That dude has always had it so easy in any version when it comes to Rogue. He never had to make efforts or take those types of risks of not being able to touch. I suppose that is also why Carey broke a part of my relationship with Rogue because the second she had her powers under control (mind you Remy had a hand in that too) she dissed him and ran to someone less risky. I say risky because that speech Remy gave her pushed her to go try something else... he laid it out there to say that he didn't want her to come to him until she was ready to be with him for good. After all the crap that they have been through I can see why she didn't run into his arms.... it's just the arms she ran to didn't make a lick of sense given her morals and stance on things and how her and Mags will never see eye to eye on any of that. Given how much pain and suffering he has caused despite the one time he saved her life way back when in the SL. Also, what the hell do they even have in common? A friend of mine is writing an essay on the Legacy Gross-neto ship and I dared her to find chemistry between them. So far, no dice...

Anyway, I believe that Rogue's ultimate expression of love to Remy was shown best in her not hesitating to marry him once they were back together. She isn't a very affectionate woman to begin with and she definitely isn't one to say the "L" word unless there was some sort of death threat lurking. Was it incredibly fast? Of course but given their history it makes sense that Remy would purpose in such a way. I know they still have a lot of issues to get through and their marriage will most certainly not be a walk in the park but they have proven (at least for now) that they are in it for the long haul. Yes, Rogue is still the one to freak out and want to run the second her powers went insanely out of control but she has a partner who knows her better than anyone else and he knows what it's going to take on his part to make it work. I think in time Rogue will see that and hopefully be confident that Remy loves her that much and that she shouldn't be worried she is going to scare him off as she admitted to Mags recently. Was that scene a betrayal on Rogue's part? No, she talked with someone she confided in the not so distant past. Was it ideal? hell no. Did Kelly feel it was necessary not to ignore continuity? Yes. That's what makes her a good writer. Also, I'm pretty sure the whole point to that awful scene was to close the door on any kind of romance between the two and to obviously have a parallel of exes. I may not have liked that scene but in truth we do not know when exactly it was she contacted him (and for the record I don't believe it was in that actual moment) I think he just showed up. Also, I don't believe he was invited to their party.

I too hope Thompson gives Remy the moments he deserves as a hero saving the day. He is incredibly capable and I am anxious to see what she has planned. I also hope that we see Rogue grow emotionally during this series and I pray Thompson gets more than 12 issues though I won't be holding my breath.

As far as Tumblr: There is as much interaction as you're willing to participate in on that site. There's a group of longtime Romy shippers who don't come to the forums anymore (if they ever did). Some people make some really amazing posts regarding the pair and it's a fun place with a great source of information. Plus, you know, KT is on there ready to answer questions so that's really awesome.

Also, I really hope it's anybody BUT Magneto in that preview scene we got.
    You brought up some great points that mirror the issues I have with Rogneto and that I'm sure others, especially Gambit leaning fans, have with that relationship. I bolded the parts of your post that really resonated with my thoughts. Mainly that in the canon Gambit has been the one to heavily pursue Rogue because that's the only way she has ever given their relationship a chance and this is something that has been shown many times in the comics (even recently in the mini). You also point out that Carey went against this by having Rogue be the one that pursued Magneto and of course by making it look like Rogue didn't care about Magneto's past crimes that have caused her and Gambit great pain (it nearly led to Gambit's death by Rogue's own hands in Antarctica after his trial).

Unlike others I don't want Rogue to apologize to Gambit for Magneto nor does she need to explain her actions to him unless he personally asks her "why she chose Magneto over him and why did it happen the way it did" (i.e. deciding to sleep with Mags only a couple hours after his harbor speech, reciting Gambit's words about love to tell the reader why she's choosing Mags, and seemingly not caring about all the pain Mags has caused them). Nor do I want it to be retconned because that would be too cheap and isn't possible now. However the way Rogneto unfolded killed Romy for many readers and killed Rogue for many Gambit fans.

These are things that I know Thompson realizes and knows upsets fans. In a podcast she did with Xplain the Xmen back in March, Kelly literally says "Rogue is very critical of Gambit and the past mistakes he's made....there's a lot of history of canon stuff of Rogue having trouble with dealing with Gambit's past and let's face it who's worse in their past, Magneto or Gambit. Including the stuff that happened, how we started this conversation, with Antarctica like that was all orchestrated by Magneto. So like how did she just let go of that. I don't think they ever really successfully answered that but I like to think it's sort of in the past now and she's moved on from that. And so we can just have that be part of her past, I don't know maybe that's too naive." In the same podcast Kelly also states that Gambit has to pursue Rogue as strongly as he does because it's the only thing that has worked and the only way Rogue would enter into a relationship (seems she might have forgotten how Rogneto happened in the first place here). Here's a link to the podcast: https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/0...cionably-sexy/ The Rogneto talk I'm referring to starts at about the 46:00 mark.

While yes Thompson doesn't usually ignore continuity, like you mentioned. She decided to not address Rogneto when she had the golden chance (R&G 3 in Rogue's speech). Unless she meant to answer it in R&G 3 when Rogue tells Remy that if she had never tried anyone else and her relationship with Remy had failed, then she could never have come back from that. She goes on to tell Remy that she had to have someone else first. That someone else is clearly Magneto. This is where Kelly ends Rogue's speech and is her explanation for why Rogue chose Magneto. She expected this to answer fans' questions about Rogneto despite Thompson being fully aware of all the issues fans had with it. Fan's have had many theories as to why Rogue made the choices she made in X-men Legacy. The one that most comes to mind is that the memories Rogue absorbed from Legacy, who loved Magneto in the AU universe of Age of X, influenced her desire to be with Mags. This theory pops up all over the place especially in CBR. Yet, Thompson decided against giving the readers something that would've actually answered some of their questions.

So I'll answer Thompson's question for her. YES it was too naive of you to think that the readers wouldn't want an actual explanation for Rogue's thoughts as to why she chose Magneto, that we would just forget it as part of Rogue's past, and it was naive of you to not realize you could've gained readers/fans by doing this. This was almost as naive as Marvel and Carey thinking fans would just forget about Magneto's role in the trial of Gambit and the fact that Rogue and Remy knew it was him.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to actually articulate the issues I have (and many other Gambit and even Romy fans) with Rogneto. Most of us aren't just hating on Rogue. Aside from that overall I do agree with your post and yes, it would be great to see Rogue mature emotionally. Tumblr does sound interesting especially if I can ask Kelly questions and interact with a creator like that. Obviously I wouldn't troll her but I would want to mention all of this as politely as possible.

Thanks for your response Romy Ship. And I don't think it's Mags in that preview pic, my money is on Cody or Gambit in some alternate uniform.
    Last edited by Mateo3000; 12-18-2018 at 10:10 PM.

BANNED

This was almost as naive as Marvel and Carey thinking fans would just forget about Magneto's role in the trial of Gambit and the fact that Rogue and Remy knew it was him.
    Just doesnt make any sense why you or anyone would think that would be enough for Rogue to magically turn against Magneto. She saw him KILL Zaladane. Kill Zealot in Genosha. She wasnt angry about him frying the planet in X men #25. She wasnt angry at the end of Magneto War either. That's alot of different writers and Rogue pursued Magneto in all of those stories..no Legacy memories needed.

Rogue sees Magneto as a ends justified means type and apparently it doesnt bother her. Why? Because those very ways was how he chose to keep her alive in Uncanny #269.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    ... Magneto's role in the trial of Gambit and the fact that Rogue and Remy knew it was him.
    ...Maybe Gambit does not know, to him, it was Erick the red...

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    As far as the outfits on the cover go:
    The dress outfit, second from the upper right, Rogue only wore for 2 issues, UXM#221&222. Rogue made peace with Ali over the things that happened before she joined the X-Men. (UXM#222)
    The Orange tunic. Rogue only wore that from UXM#180-185. Rogue had that ugly encounter with Michael Rossi in UXM#182 and the boost to her morale due to the encouraging encounter with Storm in UXM#185.
    Bottom left, The Outback outfit. Worn from UXM#229-245,269 X-Factor #69 and the cover of UXM#280. This is the time when Rogue was assaulted by the Genoshan Guard, released the Carol persona from her subconscious and got sucked into the Seige Perilous. (Rogue was not wearing this outfit when she was sucked into the Seige. Rogue was forced to wear what she felt was a "rag" and felt "Woman has no taste at all". ) Also in the Outback outfit, why does Rogue only look like she is only 10 years old?
    The Lavender Shi'ar mining outfit,worm UXM#342-355. Worn during Gambit's "Trial", has a low-grade force field that provided a barrier to her whole body. (Why hasn't KT had Rogue wear this?)
    The side white streak Rogue. Her look from when she was introduced in Avengers Annual #10 until UXM#171. Absorbing Carol and attacking and losing to Ali.
    What I call Savage Land tatters. The outfit was really just the tattered remains of her Outback outfit. Worn in UXM#269, 274, 275 and 280. What Rogue put on when she came out of the Siege in UXM#269. (Rogue was nude when she came out.) Was wearing this when she fought the separated Carol persona in the Savage land.
    I believe her current hoody outfit debut in 2011's Wood's X-Men. Now what I associate it most with was U/A vol 1 #22-23 where she absorbs all the worlds hero, saves the world, gets stuck wih Wonderman and loses control of her power.
    Upper left. Jim Lee outfit introduced in X-Men Vol 2. This is what she was wearing when she had that infamous kiss with Remy in X-Men #41.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Little baby -- I want to protect her, I want to see her grow up strong and healthy, I want to tell all my friends (that I don't have) and neighbors about her

Spectacular Member

" The R&G scene on the beach.. yeah I don't think he was giving up on her but just telling her "hey, I can't do this alone".
    That's interesting RomyShip mentioned this cuz I thought Remy was giving up on her, but that he doesn't because "she knows why" And I thought becuz Rogue still gives signs she still loves him/wants him. (ex.: Uncanny Avengers #5 and Astonishing 2017)

With all the talks about Gambit being unpopular, yesterday I read up on my Marvel Chess Magazine again for Gambit's bio, and blinked twice cuz I hadn't read its intro til now, they called him a popular character! This was in 2015 when he was barely in the XScene besides XFactor!

Mateo, I'm chuckling over the Gambit and Rogue would be better off talking than resorting to comic battles and plot, I got reminded of soap operas again. IN fact I think the only difference btn soaps and comics is that comics involve lotsa battles and power-ups and whatnot.

If anyone has never read Ludi 's metas about Romy on Tumblr, hop on over there. They are AMAZING. And not coming from a stan, she 's a Romy fan but even admits that she wished Joseph/Rogue would have worked out and thought Joseph was much better than Mags. She also provided some screenshots which proved to me why Romy is ALWAYS better than Rogueneto visited: Mags and Rogue beating up some villains and calling it a date or what they could call a date in their times they are in. And we all know Romy had fun normal times in Spain way back when and just chilling in general. And top of everything they do too (saving the day, beatin up villains, etc)

Someone on an outside post pointed out why even bother doing Romy again when its proven they can't sell issues (guess they pointed out MMX). Well I couldn't see Piotr and Kitty selling copies either with all the talks on what prompted Marvel to try to pimp them when they had fewer fanship (just to counteract against the BatCat wedding?)

Spectacular Member

I just saw I hit over 100 posts, here. Yay!

Rogue is a very complicated character who isn't going to be won over by someone not doing anything. Remy has always been the one to pursue her and he has always behaved this way because he knows if he doesn't she won't give anyone the time of day
    I had never seen Rogue and Human Torch interact, just that there was something going to start in Uncanny Avengers but then editors chose to do RR miniseries. Even Rogue does her "I can't touch you " schfel at him too! And it's an excuse cuz we see she can pop on a collar for Remy so why not pop on the collar for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Little baby -- I want to protect her, I want to see her grow up strong and healthy, I want to tell all my friends (that I don't have) and neighbors about her
    Why does Outback Rogue look like one of Mojo's X-Babies? (Or maybe that's the point... )

I just realized that when KT said it’s probably for the better that Remy and Rogue aren’t in Uncanny, it’s likely because love is eradicated in the AU.... while I’ll always support the two together, I don’t want them sidelined in main events because of their relationship..... it feels like it’s been forever since they’ve been important, functioning X-Men.

REAL TALK: Just how elaaaaaaaaaastic ARE those gloves of hers? Dodson always makes them look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay stretchy.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I just realized that when KT said it’s probably for the better that Remy and Rogue aren’t in Uncanny, it’s likely because love is eradicated in the AU.... while I’ll always support the two together, I don’t want them sidelined in main events because of their relationship..... it feels like it’s been forever since they’ve been important, functioning X-Men.
    Agreed, right now MMX is the only book I'm getting and I'm glad I stayed away from Disassembled and Age Of X-man, so I can avoid the whole thing.
    I can't wait to be done with the events so we can finally get an appropriate relaunch. Though the rumor says that there's another event in the way with Liefeld in it, so I guess we'll have to wait even longer...

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Any catch the last issue of Extermination? The eeeeevil twins weren’t always evil, they used to be students at Xavier’s as were their parents. They also do know English, or they did... will? Time travel hurts my head. They tell Jeen that their powers came on early since both of their parents are also mutants (or at least that’s what the future Ms. Grey thinks). It doesn’t outright say Gambit & Rogue are their parents but... ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by saksiv View Post
    I don’t know if there was a panel or not, but during the Mary Purcell storyline it was a time where Xavier seemed to be anti-secrets so he was probably given a heads up. So he probably does? Shrug emoji

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Any catch the last issue of Extermination? The eeeeevil twins weren’t always evil, they used to be students at Xavier’s as were their parents. They also do know English, or they did... will? Time travel hurts my head. They tell Jeen that their powers came on early since both of their parents are also mutants (or at least that’s what the future Ms. Grey thinks). It doesn’t outright say Gambit & Rogue are their parents but... ¯\ _(ツ)_/¯
    Oooooh! That’s intriguing. Since I’m not reading that book, I kind of forgot about them.

I also appreciate that you took the time to actually shrug emoji and not just type it out like my lazy self. Cheers to you!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by saksiv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    I don’t know if there was a panel or not, but during the Mary Purcell storyline it was a time where Xavier seemed to be anti-secrets so he was probably given a heads up. So he probably does? Shrug emoji
    Gambit does know, as does Rogue. They both find out in the Gambit solo from the late 90s written by Fabian Nicieza. I believe it was also mentioned in the Gambit Annual and in Uncanny Xmen from that time. Kelly Thompson herself has said that they both know.