Page 105 of 196 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2938
    Spectacular Member

Here are the winner announcements with the cute figurines
    https://obscuregambit.tumblr.com/pos...e-58-june-1996

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Thanks. And that music box is cute! And it's playing "The Impossible Dream" (not "Iris"), which is pretty fitting on a couple of levels. I also wish we could've seen those letters!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Don't get me wrong, floppies are fun, but impractical for me, personally. I like the convenience of trades: how I have the entire story arc at my fingertips (no missing back issues for those older runs), I don't have to drive to the comic book store every month for the new comics, they usually contain the variant covers (which I can't usually find at my local shop anyway), and sometimes bonus material you can't easily find elsewhere. They're also just easier to take with you. I'm more likely to pick up a TPB off the shelf to reread than dig in my comic book boxes. Really, what's not to love about trades? Oh yeah, the 8-month wait for them to get out is brutal...but that's what digital is for.
    Don't forget: The trades also aren't full of advertising.

A love letters contest is such a great idea, and so perfect for Rogue and Gambit. Thanks for sharing that, Smokey!

Some more randomness...

1. I wonder if Bling will be a guest in attendance in #6. The whole matter of the rings hasn't been settled yet.

2. In X-men Black: Mojo, there was a funny bit where he's ranting about fans wanting to see the classic X-Men over the newer ones. I wonder if in the next Mojo arc there will be mention of the shippers and non shippers in a similar manner. I'm also wondering if there will be a reference back to that sweeps comment Mojo made about Gambit.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 10-21-2018 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Here are the winner announcements with the cute figurines
    https://obscuregambit.tumblr.com/pos...e-58-june-1996
    That X-Men #24 cover pose would make a great statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Agreed!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Some more randomness...

1. I wonder if Bling will be a guest in attendance in #6. The whole matter of the rings hasn't been settled yet.

2. In X-men Black: Mojo, there was a funny bit where he's ranting about fans wanting to see the classic X-Men over the newer ones. I wonder if in the next Mojo arc there will be mention of the shippers and non shippers in a similar manner. I'm also wondering if there will be a reference back to that sweeps comment Mojo made about Gambit.
    Yeah, I am sure that Bling will be there.

Yes, yes, we do need a rings scene. I've been looking forward to that for quite some time now.

Bling's rings, do your thing!

(https://youtu.be/64Jv8zbUsf4)

Some more randomness...

Yeah, I was assuming we might see Bling. I was thinking, will they need a do over wedding if Rogue is actually dead? Since it's till death do us part and all? But yes, need to see those rings!

I finally got around to reading XMB: Mojo and that story was darn delightful. Made me more excited for the next arc, even if it doesn't tie in. But maybe it will? Depending what stories they are forced to relive it could get REAL interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Ummm, yeah . . . I'm gonna need someone to make this happen.

Incredible Member

Uh....that obscure gambit feed is not helping me in my commitment to not joining tumblr!

And yes! The x-men black mojo was so fun I’ll forgive the plot to murder gambit panel.

Spectacular Member

Nice part with Tumblr is that you don't have to log in to look at stuff. Well, some new higlights this weekend Romy-wise: I was cleaning my home and removed many boxes under my bed. Buried in the middle was a missing box of comics that I had wondered where it went. I sold a part of my collection but could've sworn I kept many Romy issues such as X-men #45. It was about 30 issues I was looking for all this year since we had the miniseries! The other notable was getting the Astonishing TPB, and I wasn't around when it came out a year ago, but I did feel it wasn't a slam dunk that Soule closed the doors on Romy...it was still Rogue hesitant where we'd need the miniseries to have her sort her feelings.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Don't forget: The trades also aren't full of advertising.
    Yeah, but the page turns are different so the pacing is a little off IMO
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Per KT on Tumblr, rings are showing up in #5. So sooner than anticipated, woo!

It does seem potentially noteworthy they are back in their usual uniforms on the cover for #5. So perhaps we'll see their return to Earth?