Page 164 of 196 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2938

There is one thing I'm a bit confused about. Does the suppressor collar suppress all of Rogue's powers or just the mutant ones?

Now that I'm not half asleep . . .

Yeah, the art doesn't hit 100% for me. But there are panels I DO like. The mood is light and fun, but I'm not getting sexy so much from this style. Though that roof jump was stunning and the Rogue preview panel was beautiful. Jury is still out.

I love that Rogue is all stressed out and Remy is totally chill about everything. Very them. And it is totally true to character for Bobby to show up too early.

Now the real question, why is Gambit being called a traitor? For marrying outside the Guild? Finally being called out for doing double time with the X-Men? I'm intrigued.

And where is Tante?!?

And how much help is Rogue REALLY going to be, assuming she hasn't gained any more control of her evolved powers? She has some fighting skills on her own, but I'm thinking Remy will be doing the bulk of the work?

MikeB - I assume the collar suppresses ALL her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Now that I'm not half asleep . . .

Yeah, the art doesn't hit 100% for me. But there are panels I DO like. The mood is light and fun, but I'm not getting sexy so much from this style. Though that roof jump was stunning and the Rogue preview panel was beautiful. Jury is still out.

I love that Rogue is all stressed out and Remy is totally chill about everything. Very them. And it is totally true to character for Bobby to show up too early.

Now the real question, why is Gambit being called a traitor? For marrying outside the Guild? Finally being called out for doing double time with the X-Men? I'm intrigued.

And where is Tante?!?

And how much help is Rogue REALLY going to be, assuming she hasn't gained any more control of her evolved powers? She has some fighting skills on her own, but I'm thinking Remy will be doing the bulk of the work?

MikeB - I assume the collar suppresses ALL her powers.
    The reason I ask this is the possibility of the powers being suppressed being selective to me is implied in Uncanny Avengers Vol 1, #24:
    Http://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue/...-1st-series-24
    Last edited by mikeb; 12-07-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Incredible Member

Some of the panels/jean-luc are not my favs but I’ve seen much worse so I’ll deal and some of the panels we have seen are gorgeous enough to likely balance things out for me. I was also curious about the collar and her mutant powers v. Wonder man powers mostly because I don’t know much about him. I’m assuming we find out quickly!

I am so excited about this issue and that tease is making my brain run a mile a minute! The traitor thing jumped out at me too. Is it about the marriage, the x-men, the international thieves vs. the New Orleans chapter? And how does Belle and/or the Assassins fit in? I can’t wait to find out.

I also love that someone jumping through a window and shattering glass would be enough to cancel a normal person’s party and Rogue’s just like “take it outside I worked too damn hard for this.”

Someone build a time machine before Wednesday please?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I stan so hard for Rogue’s thigh high boots.
    I've never understood: What does "stan" mean?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY

Used to describe an obsessive fan due to the above song where said obsessive fan was named Stan.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Good to know I’m officially old.

I’m also clearly the odd one out because I am living for the art. I love the obsessive details in the background / foreground, and every character has a specific reaction / movement in every panel. It’s not rubbing me the wrong way like Quietly’s did or dude who did the back 1/2 of X-Treme.
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; 12-07-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Good to know I’m officially old.

I’m also clearly the odd one out because I am living for the art. I love the obsessive details in the background / foreground, and every character has a specific reaction / movement in every panel. It’s not rubbing me the wrong way like Quietly’s did or dude who did the back 1/2 or extreme.
    You’re not alone! I don’t love it but I certainly don’t hate it either… And you’re 100% correct about all the little details… I just noticed the bling on Remy’s hand and I adore it so much! ( of course then I searched every panel Rogues hand but alas could not find her ring) After re-reading the previews (not at 3 AM) I love it even more!

F3E2ADCC-0D19-41D6-9954-06EAB2101754.jpg

I’m certainly looking incredibly forward to this!
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I'm still a bit wishy washy about the art: some things I really like, other things not so much. The story looks great though so I'm really looking forward to it.

I like the art here, I think it sets the tone nicely. It's heavy on expression, which is very important for down time issues or character-driven stories. Almost like comic-strip art.

About the Tante Mattie mention, I think there's more to it. I have this feeling that she may be quite ill, there's something about the tone of how the lines were delivered and the emptiness of the dark hallway when Remy looked outside the door. There's something not quite right here...

I could be wrong and she might not be there due to the amount of characters in this issue. But it looks like we'll see her after the Mojoverse arc.

Incredible Member

Looks like Rogue is getting that bracelet.

85134D31-DEDE-4D02-968E-D7D2E1F0E907.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Looks like Rogue is getting that bracelet.

85134D31-DEDE-4D02-968E-D7D2E1F0E907.jpg
    My thoughts exactly.

the art on that series is decent, def could be better but I still enjoy it
    I'm the moonshield

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    I like the art here, I think it sets the tone nicely. It's heavy on expression, which is very important for down time issues or character-driven stories. Almost like comic-strip art.

About the Tante Mattie mention, I think there's more to it. I have this feeling that she may be quite ill, there's something about the tone of how the lines were delivered and the emptiness of the dark hallway when Remy looked outside the door. There's something not quite right here...

I could be wrong and she might not be there due to the amount of characters in this issue. But it looks like we'll see her after the Mojoverse arc.
    I think the same way about the art and about Tuntie.

The Tante Mattie mention certainly was a clever way of seeding the New Orleans story, but I wonder if that traitor comment will link to that arc too. I'm also loving the calm vs frazzled parallel between Gambit and Rogue.

This issue is going to be crammed with content: between the Guild, Belle, the guests--no panel time will be wasted I think.