Page 97 of 196 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2938

Ok, a little time on my lunch break . . . On Tumblr KT confirmed that Rogue and Xandra are DEAD! Though clearly it's not going to be permanent. I still have no idea if they were shot or if Xandra self-destructed.

I REALLY liked this issue, mainly for the escape and the emotional powers talk.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 10-17-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Didn't like ending. Maybe because Gambit was just screaming Rogue and Rogue was screaming Remy all the time.
    Was it secretly written by Tom King? It gave me "Bat/Cat" flashbacks.

And, yeah, Nightwing got shot in the head, is now calling himself Ric (lol), and is acting like Jason Todd. Jason Todd is the worst Robin. We don't need two.

I haven't reread yet. I am going to read my hard copy later over tea and a cookie. I am afraid I won't love it and I want to love it so much.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 10-17-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Yeah, got a scan. I'll just pick up the hard copy tomorrow or Friday.
    okay, cool

Purp, unfortunately I don't miss Dpool.
    I liked the emotional moments of Rogue's powers that were brought on. I liked that it was a small dig at the Legacy "fix" the most.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok, a little time on my munch break . . . On Tumblr KT confirmed that Rogue and Xandra are DEAD! Though clearly it's not going to be permanent. I still have no idea if they were shot or if Xandra self-destructed.

Maybe it was just an illusion? Xandra is a very powerful kid.
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 10-17-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

So in reply to my letter, KT said the title for #6 is King and Queen!

I know not everyone is excited for the Lopez art, but I'm still stoked now after hearing that.

Now if Rogue and Xandra are actually dead, hiw will they come back and what will be the consequences of bringing them back? And there is only one issue left to resolve it all!

My only negatives on the issue is I was hoping to see a bit more of them sneaking around the Shi'ar Empire and the Starjammers kind of had to get wedged in there, though their presence does make sense.

So I do feel like a lot is going on with Rogue and Xandra, but moreso I see Rogue maybe reflecting on the mother/parent relationship between Cerise and Xandra. Not sure if that is in there for a purpose or maybe it's just my interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    okay, cool

Purp, unfortunately I don't miss Dpool.
    I liked the emotional moments of Rogue's powers that were brought on. I liked that it was a small dig at the Legacy "fix" the most.

Maybe it was just an illusion? Xandra is a very powerful kid.
    Ooooohhhhh, GOOD POINT!!!! They may only THINK she's dead and then they'll all bugger off. Genius, Romy ship!

So in reply to my letter, KT said the title for #6 is King and Queen!

I know not everyone is excited for the Lopez art, but I'm still stoked now after hearing that.

Now if Rogue and Xandra are actually dead, hiw will they come back and what will be the consequences of bringing them back? And there is only one issue left to resolve it all!

My only negatives on the issue is I was hoping to see a bit more of them sneaking around the Shi'ar Empire and the Starjammers kind of had to get wedged in there, though their presence does make sense.

So I do feel like a lot is going on with Rogue and Xandra, but moreso I see Rogue maybe reflecting on the mother/parent relationship between Cerise and Xandra. Not sure if that is in there for a purpose or maybe it's just my interpretation.
    King and Queen! Love it. Thieves are coming.

Ok, a little time on my munch break . . . On Tumblr KT confirmed that Rogue and Xandra are DEAD! Though clearly it's not going to be permanent. I still have no idea if they were shot or if Xandra self-destructed.

If they are dead then I hope Remy will blow up evryone.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    If they are dead then I hope Remy will blow up evryone.
    I would love it, but Remy does not have the level to hurt someone of level over human, less to seriously injure someone with super strength, it is sad to operate, so Remy's power level has been lowered in the last decades.

I have not read the issue, but Rogue, if she is dead is temporary. but how do you kill someone who has strength levels close to Thor, which is a 100 invulnerable class? I think there is something forced here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Also...

spoilers:

I do like the idea that Rogue wants to figure out her powers on her own rather than have Xavier magically appear again to "heal her", or in this case have Xandra solve it. I hope KT will use this as an ongoing plot in the series.
    end of spoilers
    That's right, the idea of KT is quite obvious, is that Rogue begins to control their powers little by little, without external help, she mentioned some of this, and so she mentions it again, is that you have plans for that, and it pleases that.

I agree with the majority in that the beginning and the middle were the best parts of this issue.
    Definitely my favorite moment was Rogue refusing to take the easy road and instead choosing to try to fix her powers by herself (I always hated the way Carey did it), anyway that whole conversation was very well done.
    The last part wasn't that good, I do like big fights, but there were just too many people thrown together that it didn't work for me.
    What happened in the last page would be more impactful if it was a team book, but since is a duo-book we know that some way somehow she's going to be fine, though I am curious how this situation will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I would love it, but Remy does not have the level to hurt someone of level over human, less to seriously injure someone with super strength, it is sad to operate, so Remy's power level has been lowered in the last decades.

I have not read the issue, but Rogue, if she is dead is temporary. but how do you kill someone who has strength levels close to Thor, which is a 100 invulnerable class? I think there is something forced here.
    I don't think Gambit killing them all would be realistic, but at the same time he has the capability to take down many of them, especially those without any major super strength/resistance powers.
    I mean, he was able to blow up X-23 into pieces with a single card, so it just depends on how the writer wants to showcase his power level.

To the second point, we still don't fully know the extent of Xandra's power so we should wait for the next issue to get an explanation.
    Anyway, it's not the first time Rogue's powers behave weirdly when in touch with an infant, let's not forget what happened when Mystique made baby Hope touch her.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I agree with the majority in that the beginning and the middle were the best parts of this issue.
    Definitely my favorite moment was Rogue refusing to take the easy road and instead choosing to try to fix her powers by herself (I always hated the way Carey did it), anyway that whole conversation was very well done.
    The last part wasn't that good, I do like big fights, but there were just too many people thrown together that it didn't work for me.
    What happened in the last page would be more impactful if it was a team book, but since is a duo-book we know that some way somehow she's going to be fine, though I am curious how this situation will be resolved.
    Yes, exactly. We know she won't stay dead, if she even is dead. But Remy doesn't know that, so how will he react? And will whatever happened impact Rogue in some unforeseen way? I get what people are saying about the end. Though really I can't think of how else you'd script the dialogue other than them either yelling for each other, yelling no, or just being quietly shocked.

For me the huge action scenes are really never that important, but it does appeal to a lot of superhero readers and feels maybe more in touch with Rogue's AU days for those fans? IDK

Maybe it will feel different after seeing it in print though.

Yes, exactly. We know she won't stay dead, if she even is dead. But Remy doesn't know that, so how will he react? And will whatever happened impact Rogue in some unforeseen way? I get what people are saying about the end. Though really I can't think of how else you'd script the dialogue other than them either yelling for each other, yelling no, or just being quietly shocked.

For me the huge action scenes are really never that important, but it does appeal to a lot of superhero readers and feels maybe more in touch with Rogue's AU days for those fans? IDK

Maybe it will feel different after seeing it in print though.
    This. I'm wondering the same thing.

I don't want to repeat what's already been said so I'll make it quick: I found that the story moved very quickly with a nice pause where they rightly discussed Rogue's powers (KT did a great job there). The "shocking" ending was a WTH just happened moment for me, but it didn't hold the same weight as it would have if we didn't know #6 was happening. All in all, it was good, and I think the whole arc will read even better as a trade.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 10-17-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Issue was fun, but I think we all know the real reason Rogue doesn’t want her powers fixed is because then she wouldn’t want to be with Gambit anymore. Given that that seems to always be the case when that happens.

Ok, killing time @ dance class.

So there is this review: https://www.breakthefourth.com/2018/...ew-mr-mrs-x-4/

Also on Twitter Kelly says that big DPS action sequence is an homage to UXM #275. Got my floppy but probably won't have peace and quiet for a second read until like 9 pm. Boo.