Page 99 of 196 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2938

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    You're welcome, me.
    Hahaha I'm glad you could help you. That issue was great. I always assumed they were litter mates, though the seal point kind of threw me off. The orange and grey tabbies I can buy because I've seen that happen.

So anyway, finally got to read my hard copy and I have to say the big action sequences read a LOT better full scale (go figure). Something to be said for full size images and it not being 2 am. Plus just more time to ponder and reflect on the issue as a whole. I am super unsure what happened there at the end though. As Romy Ship pointed out it could be an illusion, though as DearMachine noticed in her review Rogue does touch Xandra's face . . . Though is she still gloved? And from Rogue's dialogue she is clearly scared/confused, so it's not what she had planned. I'm worried Remy is gonna snap and kill somebody next issue though!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Hahaha I'm glad you could help you. That issue was great. I always assumed they were litter mates, though the seal point kind of threw me off. The orange and grey tabbies I can buy because I've seen that happen.

So anyway, finally got to read my hard copy and I have to say the big action sequences read a LOT better full scale (go figure). Something to be said for full size images and it not being 2 am. Plus just more time to ponder and reflect on the issue as a whole. I am super unsure what happened there at the end though. As Romy Ship pointed out it could be an illusion, though as DearMachine noticed in her review Rogue does touch Xandra's face . . . Though is she still gloved? And from Rogue's dialogue she is clearly scared/confused, so it's not what she had planned. I'm worried Remy is gonna snap and kill somebody next issue though!
    Have you ever read Warriors by Erin Hunter?
    It's an actual book, not a comic, although there is manga. I love it (mostly for nostalgia purposes), but they pay no attention whatsoever to genetics. Gambit's kitties not having genetically consistent fur colors when we're in a universe where genetics can give you the ability to open portals in your eyes to a dimension of pure force doesn't really bother me.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Have you ever read Warriors by Erin Hunter?
    It's an actual book, not a comic, although there is manga. I love it (mostly for nostalgia purposes), but they pay no attention whatsoever to genetics. Gambit's kitties not having genetically consistent fur colors when we're in a universe where genetics can give you the ability to open portals in your eyes to a dimension of pure force doesn't really bother me.
    LOL I haven't read those, no. Heard of them. But I work in a genetics lab so . . . I get a little caught up in weird details like that.

Incredible Member

Oh random thought! Since we don’t know how long Gambit and Rogue will be separated due to her “death” next issue...I wonder if there is any “downtime” before their reunion if there will be a panel or two between Gambit and Corsair since he lost his wife.

LOL I haven't read those, no. Heard of them. But I work in a genetics lab so . . . I get a little caught up in weird details like that.
    Yeah, I notice these things too and then I remind myself that superheroes are themselves a violation of basic laws of physics in many ways and suspend my disbelief.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Oh random thought! Since we don’t know how long Gambit and Rogue will be separated due to her “death” next issue...I wonder if there is any “downtime” before their reunion if there will be a panel or two between Gambit and Corsair since he lost his wife.
    Yeah, I could totally see that. I can also see Gambit unleashing hell on Deathbird. Gosh, next issue will be intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Yeah, I could totally see that. I can also see Gambit unleashing hell on Deathbird. Gosh, next issue will be intense.
    and then it's issue six with Laura aND THE KITTIES

(in case you have not yet noticed... I like the kitties)

Incredible Member

Yeah...It might not be a great time for her or any of the folks on #teamdeathbird.

and then it's issue six with Laura aND THE KITTIES

(in case you have not yet noticed... I like the kitties)
    LOL...yup. Judging by how popular those kittens are, it's kind of surprising that they don't have their own appreciation thread yet.

LOL...yup. Judging by how popular those kittens are, it's kind of surprising that they don't have their own appreciation thread yet.
    I AM surprised there isn't a "Pets" thread . . . Though I can't think of many . . . The bamfs, Lockheed kind of . . .

If I knew how to make a page, I would definitely put them on the wiki.
    And I AM MAKING a kitties appreciation thread after #6.

I AM surprised there isn't a "Pets" thread . . . Though I can't think of many . . . The bamfs, Lockheed kind of . . .
    Yeah, other than the kitties and Lockheed, the only Marvel pet coming to mind is Chewie, Captain Marvel’s alien space cat, and Black Widow’s former cat, Liho.
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 10-17-2018 at 07:57 PM.

why has kelly withheld the kitty’s name from us
    also murdering rogue
    but I’m mainly concerned about the kitty
    Hey man, I tried asking her but she "overlooked" the question. BOO!!!!

I just picked up my floppy and agree wholeheartedly that the art is far superior on the actual pages. They were still lovely to look at digitally but nothing beats reading a comic the way they are meant to be read. Oscar's work really grew on me in this issue. Yes, 2 a.m. readings aren't as reliable as fully rested daytime reads.

I was wondering about the significance of Rogue touching Xandra's face... especially because I do believe she has gloves on. I'm certain we will have our answers in the next and final issue but here comes the waiting again. Ugh, the 21st of NOVEMBER is going to take FOREVER TO GET HERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Would love to see that.

I must say that I liked the issue better after the second/third reading. I think the arc could have benefited from a sixth issue with them sneaking around amongst the Shi'ar like AppleJ has previously mentioned, but it's still a great story so far. It just moves so fast.

I still don't know what to make of that explosion. At first glance I thought Deathbird had a hand in it (just judging by her dialogue before it happens), but the actual explosion--and Rogue's hand on Xandra--implies something else. It's probably disorienting on purpose...and it worked. I'm looking forward to next issue.

Incredible Member

November 21st is sooo far away! But at least my office is closed that day so issue 5 and keeping my kids alive are my only responsibilities.