Page 48 of 196 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    These are great, AppleJ... thank you! I've been itching for new ink and I'm down to pay a tribute to them. I mean, I get band tattoos from time to time so I figured it'd be cool to do this for something I truly love. NO matter what their future holds. My husband pointed out that the cards would have to have the pink glow around them... I've got to really give it some thought as I'd like to come up with something creative. I really appreciate you throwing these out there.
    He has a very valid point, they totally should be glowing pink! And hey, once an officially married Marvel couple, always an officially married Marvel couple - no matter what time travel, evil clone, love triangle, death and resurrection type nonsense the future may hold.

You'll have to show/tell us what you come up with. Sounds like a very fun design!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    He has a very valid point, they totally should be glowing pink! And hey, once an officially married Marvel couple, always an officially married Marvel couple - no matter what time travel, evil clone, love triangle, death and resurrection type nonsense the future may hold.

You'll have to show/tell us what you come up with. Sounds like a very fun design!
    Sigh, if only! :-( I can think of at least 4 marriages Marvel busted up since the early 1980's. In order of when the marriage took place: Janet Van Dyne and Henry Pymm, Wanda Maximoff and the Vision, Clint Barton and Bobbi Morse, and the most infamous of all, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson. All we need is another writer to come along that thinks Remy is better of solo and it's "One more Day" all over again. I wonder how Remy's solo writers, going back 20 years, feel about the marriage?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Sigh, if only! :-( I can think of at least 4 marriages Marvel busted up since the early 1980's. In order of when the marriage took place: Janet Van Dyne and Henry Pymm, Wanda Maximoff and the Vision, Clint Barton and Bobbi Morse, and the most infamous of all, Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson. All we need is another writer to come along that thinks Remy is better of solo and it's "One more Day" all over again. I wonder how Remy's solo writers, going back 20 years, feel about the marriage?
    Well, Spidey and MJ are together again.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Well, Spidey and MJ are together again.
    Yes, this is true. But I don't see any wedding bells any time soon. Getting back together does not mean a marriage will take place. Janet Van Dyne and Henry Pymm got back together 3 or 4 years after their ugly 1982 divorce. And yet, they never got remarried even after Hank asked Janet to.

Yes, this is true. But I don't see any wedding bells any time soon. Getting back together does not mean a marriage will take place. Janet Van Dyne and Henry Pymm got back together 3 or 4 years after their ugly 1982 divorce. And yet, they never got remarried even after Hank asked Janet to.
    Well, I doubt Gambit's going to beat up Rogue.
    And if he tried, she would smack him down.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Well, I doubt Gambit's going to beat up Rogue.
    And if he tried, she would smack him down.
    Henry Pym was not a wife abuser. The writer of the issue, Jim Shooter himself said the artist had misinterpreted what he had written for the story.

Henry Pym was not a wife abuser. The writer of the issue, Jim Shooter himself said the artist had misinterpreted what he had written for the story.
    Huh. And that’s like the only ting people remember about him.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I’ve been thinking about getting Remy’s playing cards as a tattoo... but I need to figure out exactly how I want the cards and where to place them on me. If anyone has any ideas please holler... I’m going to grab my old comics and and my sketch books to start working on the idea.
    Right there with you. I’m inked already on large amounts of my body (full sleeves, back, some feet, ankle) and have zero done to any nod to my love for Gambit & Rogue. All of my ink is either flowers, sacred geometry, fruit, or seashells. I’ve been wanting something for my nerd love but I don’t want the actual characters themselves (it’s a little too on the nose for my taste, YMMV). I’ve also totally thought playing cards: king/queen/two of hearts & an ace of spades, would be fun to do like traditional style with a banner quote. IDK! Would love other ideas. Maybe a charged bosenberry pie that would be weirdly adorable

Right, while technically it can be undone in the future, it's now cannon that they have been an official Marvel couple in actual 616 time and even if/when they do something to mess with them in the future they will always be associated with each other by a huge number of fans and the door will always be open to bring them back together. Much like Peter Parker/Mary Jane or Scott/Jean. So long as they are associated so strongly with each other in the hearts and minds of fans, they can never truly die. When I think of it that way, it gives me a certain level of peace and I can stop worrying so much about what future writers might do and just enjoy the here and now. It's kind of zen I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Right there with you. I’m inked already on large amounts of my body (full sleeves, back, some feet, ankle) and have zero done to any nod to my love for Gambit & Rogue. All of my ink is either flowers, sacred geometry, fruit, or seashells. I’ve been wanting something for my nerd love but I don’t want the actual characters themselves (it’s a little too on the nose for my taste, YMMV). I’ve also totally thought playing cards: king/queen/two of hearts & an ace of spades, would be fun to do like traditional style with a banner quote. IDK! Would love other ideas. Maybe a charged bosenberry pie that would be weirdly adorable

"A plasma rifle 'gainst a boysenberry pie?" would be an amazing banner quote haha. You could have Remy's arm stylised like a squadron badge or similar.

Could work for playing cards too, if you made this less military and more Rambit.

Ooh, designing a T'ieves Guild-style logo that incorporates them both would be cool. I saw this from Skyrim, could do something similar:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120311145813

Astonishing Member

Kinda random, but kinda cool thing I found randomly. Ok Entertainment Weekly’s website, there was a quote from Kevin Feige about how marvel was going to make more female lead movies after captain marvel. So EW was speculating about female marvel movies they’d like. There was stuff like Black Widow, Ms Marvel, and they also listed Rogue and Gambit. The reasoning was short and mentioned since the Gambit movie has stalled why not try Rogue as a co-leader and make more of a super hero rom-com.
    https://ew.com/movies/captain-marvel...led-mcu-movies

BANNED
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-16-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ll be honest: I hate Rogue & Gambit. They’re two of the worst characters ever created, with Rogue only being serviceable from certain writers, but Thompson’s making me not hate them. I’ve been out of the X-books since that trainwreck of Bendishit’s run, but between this Rosenberg’s amazing Astonishing run, and his Multiple Man mini, I’m loving it.

(Editor’s note: I have both the Gold & Blue titles, and I’m trying to slog my way through them, but it’s hard.)

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    If "Baby X" is an uber power psychic, could "she" (We still don't know if it's a boy or a girl even though it's mimicking Rogue's form.) give Rogue insight (not a cure, since Rogue needs to reach within herself to deal with why it happened.) into why she lost control of her power? I still believe the events that took place a little over 4 years ago caused a reaction to her sub-conscious causing her to lose control of her power.

If "Baby X" is an uber power psychic, could "she" (We still don't know if it's a boy or a girl even though it's mimicking Rogue's form.) give Rogue insight (not a cure, since Rogue needs to reach within herself to deal with why it happened.) into why she lost control of her power? I still believe the events that took place a little over 4 years ago caused a reaction to her sub-conscious causing her to lose control of her power.
    I'm not sure that I'd want a newly-hatched baby who was running around naked a few minutes earlier to play psychiatrist. It feels as if that could go horribly, horribly wrong.

Rogue should just have a chat with Jean when she gets home.