Page 54 of 196 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    My favourite cover so far.
    Yes. I love all the little details in it.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, I believe KT confirmed that on her Tumblr that their first home would be Remy's NY apartment.

Soooooo . . . Looking at the Uncanny solicitations I think I'm glad our duo is stearing clear. AoA?!?
    Sometimes, I enjoy imagining 616 Rogue's reaction to Tragic Child Bride AoA Rogue. I'm sure she would give her a pamphlet and find her a shelter and be like "oh honey, you need better."
    Last edited by DearMachine; 09-18-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post

Sometimes, I enjoy imagining 616 Rogue's reaction to Tragic Child Bride AoA Rogue. I'm sure she would give her a pamphlet and find her a shelter and be like "oh honey, you need better."
    I effing love you for this.

and yes, all of the details in the cover are wonderful. I still want to know why Bishop can't handle his dishes. Hrm.
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

OMG, DearMachine, LOL.

As for Bishop...too much wine? IDK

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    OMG, DearMachine, LOL.

As for Bishop...too much wine? IDK
    Bishop saw Hope Summers and NEEDS to murder her.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

LMAO That is fantastic! Oh God, I nearly forgot how that was so so gross. And Mystique was so into it. Ewwww. Seriously hated it so hard.

From what Kelly is hinting though maybe it won't be so AoA as we all assume. I mean, you know what they say about assuming. But yeah, just keep our happy couple away from it for now. I'm still excited to see what those three are up to with the Uncanny story though. Geez, the solicitation thread is so stupidly negative. It's a wonder they bother giving solicitations. First people were pissy they didn't give much away in the interview about Uncanny and now they are pissy because they are jumping to conclusions from the solicit. Ugh.

But hey, we have nothing but happiness in Romy land. Merry X and MMX #6 both look wonderful and tomorrow we have MMX #3 to enjoy! In all the excitement nearly forgot.

I mean, just the crazy plot twist we are seeing in MMX #3 already should clue people in that we have a good writer here with awesome surprises in store. So maybe they need to calm the heck down about Uncanny and let it play out.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I liked AoA when it came out, as a crazy, terrible alt world that needed to be destroyed. I thought magneto (as 'xavier') marrying his student/foster daughter was part of the terribleness and another awful thing about this world. As a kid, I couldn't even fathom that any of the writers would have thought this was actually a good thing, if I knew that some really thought that, I might have stopped reading comics then...

Some would definitely rather have (Christmas?) housewarming party hijinks. That cover is freaking' adorable. I thought Logan was there for a mom's, but that's x-23's hand, which is honestly better.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    By the way, told you the artist was going to be David Lopez
    Yep! You were right.

Just finished reading this issue and I must say that this is my favourite issue. The banter between Gambit and Deadpool, while they fight the soldiers was the highlight for me and Oscar, does a great job in that scene. I am filled with joy after reading it.
    Last edited by belay; 09-19-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Just finished reading this issue and I must say that this is my favourite issue. The banter between Gambit and Deadpool, while they fight the soldiers was the highlight for me and Oscar, does a great job in that scene. I am filled with joy after reading it.
    Glad to hear it
    Will check it only after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Glad to hear it
    Will check it only after work.
    You will love it. Gambit was badass in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    You will love it. Gambit was badass in this issue.

He really was! So many things . . . Will have to wait to discuss, but SO GOOD!!!

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

My favourite issue so far. Gambit showed fighting skills that have been ignored for so long, he was quick, precise and agile.

Seemed to be a very Gambit centric issue, which was very welcome as it showed he is as invested in the mission as Rogue and not just doing it because she is telling him too. A vague threat to not spare the enemy's live's next time was as close as we have got to edgy Remy in a long time
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    My favourite issue so far. Gambit showed fighting skills that have been ignored for so long, he was quick, precise and agile.

Seemed to be a very Gambit centric issue, which was very welcome as it showed he is as invested in the mission as Rogue and not just doing it because she is telling him too. A vague threat to not spare the enemy's live's next time was as close as we have got to edgy Remy in a long time
    It was awesome.

I think this will be the issue that sells the book to Gambit-only fans. I loved him in it. I loved the fight scene where he looked like a badass. I loved him dealing decisively with Death bird. I loved that he stood up to Rogue going into one of her semi-thoughtless lectures. That was the best written Gambit that I have seen for a very long time.

I will make the review thread later if no one else does, but I had to be early to work, and I have a NyQuil hangover that is making me stupid.

ETA: I also really liked the subtle detail of him not giving Deathbird any information that she didn't already have.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 09-19-2018 at 05:11 AM.