Page 170 of 196 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2938

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I reread MMX 6 and liked it more. It is ok but that 1 lame Mags page that Romy fans didn't ever needed is still annoys me a lot.
    I actually read it again myself, and enjoyed it more.
    While I agree there's some faults in the Magneto scene, it read like closure to me, no real hint of him returning in MMX, he's off on a different path. Magneto's reaction to the wedding was acceptable, at least he wasn't an ass about it (which I didn't mind).
    On a somewhat related note, the Bella scene obviously hints to more, not really in a love-triangle sense but delves more into the Thieves/Assassins politics, which she's a big part of.

Spectacular Member

Wasn't sure if I mentioned it, but finally got that Gambit Chess piece. It's amazing, I was going to fix his eyes but they are so small that I'd ruin it. It came with a Gambit history magazine which goes up to 2015 when he joins XFactor. I am mulling about getting Rogue's Chess piece but didn't like how it looked (the green and white one), the yellow/Green costume one looks amazing but only sold in Europe?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Belladonna looked fantastic. The shorter bob haircut with the Marilyn Manroe waves and that Game of Thrones dress with the sheer panels? Get. It. She’s living her best life. She was an interesting contrast to Rogue who was in a pretty dress of a similar color but ready to wear, sensible brown thigh highs and messy hair. Bella is in a total about-to-****-****-up position sitting in the dark, legs crossed, hand on the lamp chain while Rogue is above the city full on upside down in the fetal position looking vulnerable as ****.

I’ll... be the odd one out again for not having a problem with the Rogue & Magneto scene. Like, not that I was jazzed he showed up and would rather never ever have to deal with Mike Carey’s cringy self-insert ever again but... the whole scene is Rogue acting a bit cold towards him and then saying that the collar is effecting her. I fucking cackled when she was mooning over how romantic it was of Gambit to purpose to her to the other guy who tried and was denied. I’m fine putting more nails in that coffin. I also kinda read Magneto telling her to talk to her husband as him like “are you really fucking wasting my time with this ****? Child, I have terrorist **** to do.” That all said, I would have personally preferred to trade out Magneto for Iceman - I’d much rather read about their friendship and strengthening that up. The floating upside in the fetal position was her same reaction when they were together on the road trip. You can have the same basic story beats hit with Bobby, and it’s always endearing when a writer allows him to be serious on occasion. Plus I just love Bobby and want more of him in MMX.

I agree with Peach, not usually a fan of Bella, maybe because she's still an undeveloped character, but really liked her here and her hair. I thought she and Iceman were the best guest stars, and Beast was good too.
    Noticed some complaints about Rogue "saving the day", meh, non-burnt quiches were at stake and I'm sure Gambit would've handled the "rebel" Guilds on his own. It was just quick work. I didn't see the big deal.
    Gambit had as much panel time as Rogue and some development with the Guild's status. Come to think of it, Gambit/Bella interaction had double the panel time than Rogue/Magneto. IMO there was solid Gambit-development in this issue.
    As I said earlier, it's a much better read the 2nd time.

Incredible Member

Some of ya’ll need to go look up appreciation in the dictionary and hit the back button.

Moving on...agreed about the Gambit development. It was there. Honestly most of the commentary from Magneto was stuff I would say to an uoset co-worker or something, we’ll probably not the muzzle part but who knows. Rogue is in a high stress situation and isn’t always mature at relationships so she just let it out to the first person to ask because she doesn’t want to freak her dude out. I would have preferred Bobby or Kurt, but am not going to nitpick because I get it.

We are moving into a stage where Gambit and Rogue still have to do the work. Gambit needs to tell Rogue about the guild stuff and Rogue needs to better confide in Gambit and how her actions effect him as well. She doesn’t want to scare him off but needs to practice good habits to ensure it isn’t a self-fulfilling prophecy. They both need to work on their stuff. This slow growth is what I hope to see and why I’m so excited.

Also, I loved all the decks of cards above the closet.

Amazing Member

I support this series.

But Gambit is an idiot. His life goal at this point is to support Rogue and nothing else. He is not a king of thieves (he forgot about it), I was wishing he was leading behind Rogue`s back, you know, for drama.

Amazing Member

The vibe...

I can just imagine Rogue going to the bedroom with Magneto to work out issues, Bella handling the guild business and Gambit just does the dishes....

I`m scared for the upcoming guilds arc ((((

Issue 6 kinda destroyed my excitment for Guild arc 11-12 too.
    At this point I think KT will use Guild arc to show that Rogue is strong enough to be a Queen of Thieves.

I wanted to see what Gambit is doing as King. Not one more story how he is fighting to be a King.

Amazing Member

Issue 6 kinda destroyed my excitment for Guild arc 11-12 too.
    At this point I think KT will use Guild arc to show that Rogue is strong enough to be a Queen of Thieves.

I wanted to see what Gambit is doing as King. Not one more story how he is fighting to be a King.
    Remydat was right!

Amazing Member

Not one more story how he is fighting to be a King.
    At this point I`m affraid he wont fight, Rogue will...(((

Quote Originally Posted by saksiv View Post
    The vibe...

I can just imagine Rogue going to the bedroom with Magneto to work out issues, Bella handling the guild business and Gambit just does the dishes....

I`m scared for the upcoming guilds arc ((((
    I'm just wondering...if the guilds arc will be quasi Gambit solo story because Rogue will be somewhere else temporarily during the time, perhaps another book that KT is writing...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I'm just wondering...if the guilds arc will be quasi Gambit solo story because Rogue will be somewhere else temporarily during the time, perhaps another book that KT is writing...
    Never will happen. Book will probably end with #12 so they will be together in last arc.

Domino ended and got relaunched as Domino Hotshots mini. Maybe MMX will get a new mini in 2019 too.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Belladonna looked fantastic. The shorter bob haircut with the Marilyn Manroe waves and that Game of Thrones dress with the sheer panels? Get. It. She’s living her best life. She was an interesting contrast to Rogue who was in a pretty dress of a similar color but ready to wear, sensible brown thigh highs and messy hair. Bella is in a total about-to-****-****-up position sitting in the dark, legs crossed, hand on the lamp chain while Rogue is above the city full on upside down in the fetal position looking vulnerable as ****.

I’ll... be the odd one out again for not having a problem with the Rogue & Magneto scene. Like, not that I was jazzed he showed up and would rather never ever have to deal with Mike Carey’s cringy self-insert ever again but... the whole scene is Rogue acting a bit cold towards him and then saying that the collar is effecting her. I fucking cackled when she was mooning over how romantic it was of Gambit to purpose to her to the other guy who tried and was denied. I’m fine putting more nails in that coffin. I also kinda read Magneto telling her to talk to her husband as him like “are you really fucking wasting my time with this ****? Child, I have terrorist **** to do.” That all said, I would have personally preferred to trade out Magneto for Iceman - I’d much rather read about their friendship and strengthening that up. The floating upside in the fetal position was her same reaction when they were together on the road trip. You can have the same basic story beats hit with Bobby, and it’s always endearing when a writer allows him to be serious on occasion. Plus I just love Bobby and want more of him in MMX.
    Peach, you crack me up!

You know I kind of figured we'd see Mags eventually in this series because some closure was needed. I wasn't expecting it this issue maybe and it probably didn't go down exactly as I might have guessed, but ultimately I think this did show that they are moved on from each other romantically. And for that I am glad!

Now I don't know why everyone is freaking out about the Guild story. Belle (and the Thieves) are basically saying Remy has been concentrating his time on his X-Men family (Rogue being a big part of that) and shirking his obligation to the Thieves Guild. And in choosing to marry Rogue he looks to be choosing the X-Men, a group somewhat opposed to crime in general, over them. So to them he basically does look like a traitor to their organization. So Remy needs to decide if he can keep up this double duty to two masters and if so, needs to go reassert his leadership. Rogue, as his wife and partner, will likely factor into this decision in whether she supports or opposes his involvement with the Thieves. But ultimately it is Remy's decision to stay involved with them or not. She's not going to "take over" the Guild leadership. I doubt she will want a big part in it. But she needs to find a level of acceptance with them being part of Remy's life and show him support in what he decides to do.

Incredible Member

Ha! After some posts were deleted, my dictionary comment look like I’m just randomly being rude.

I agree that this does not temper my excitement about the guild arc at all. I’m actually hoping this might be where we get to see Rogue being as devoted and supportive as Remy has been of her lately. While I’m happy with the series, I think that is something that is needed to make things feel even.

I’m also curious with the last page of the issue looking so much like the cover to gambit 17, despite the nostalgic unis, if that possible means the history they will be delving into is more based on events where the other wasn’t present. Maybe opening up cans of worms that way. Of course, solicits can be tricky so they might not be telling the whole story of what to expect of the mojoverse arc and we have only really seen the “what Have so I done” next to a husked out person. Rogue panelI’m really excited for it though and I think it will be fun. And as meta as Belle was being the voice of some fans, I can’t wait for a bit more of that in this. Anyone else have mojoverse thoughts or predictions?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Legoliz - have you read the the Asmus Gambit solo? That I would recommend! Maybe some other things here and there too, but there were some rough years.

Also, I finally read today’s red and that was an awesome Gambit moment...but I gotta admit, especially after today’s MMX surprise appearance...seeing gambit in that helmet still gives me some heebie jeebies.
    It's shameful Couplest...I only dabbled in the Asmus Gambit solo. Meaning I picked up a few books in the series, but was still so upset about the whole Death thing (and then seeing Rogue choose Magneto over Gambit) that I couldn't really commit. My heart wasn't ready. I'm ready to commit now and will take your advice to start with the books I didn't pick up in the series. Baby steps