Page 1 of 196 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Mr. & Mrs. X: Gambit and Rogue Appreciation 2018

02781e6fb6f7557281265494c5b8046f-1.jpg
    standard_incredible.jpg

A neutral zone to celebrate and discuss the relationship between Marvel's most fun and sexy X-Couple, Rogue and Gambit.

Looks like our other thread was getting the axe, so I put this new one up. Hope ya'll don't mind! Figured we should ride out the Mr. & Mrs. X title while it's fresh in everyone's minds though.
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMzIvMzY0L2kwMi9Ncl9hbmRfTXJzX1hfMV8zLmpwZw==.jpg

Thanks for starting the new thread! I like the new title!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Looks like our other thread was getting the axe, so I put this new one up. Hope ya'll don't mind! Figured we should ride out the Mr. & Mrs. X title while it's fresh in everyone's minds though.
    Thank you for starting this tread AppleJ.

I will admit that I wasn't particularly interested in seeing Gambit and Rogue getting married, I liked them more as an unmarried couple, but Kelly Thompson has made me change my mind. They are one of the best stories of any kind happening at Marvel right now.

Spectacular Member

Ooooo new, shiny title. Me likey

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Thanks for starting the new thread! I like the new title!
    Oh I'm glad! I know not everyone is crazy about the book title and I hate speaking for the whole group. But since it IS their shared exclusive book at the moment and hopefully will be for a long, long time I figured we could go with it for now. Do we need more images or more about their history for new comers?

Still with the double posts, not sure their idea of killing the huge threads is working?

Oh I'm glad! I know not everyone is crazy about the book title and I hate speaking for the whole group. But since it IS their shared exclusive book at the moment and hopefully will be for a long, long time I figured we could go with it for now. Do we need more images or more about their history for new comers?
    I have a crazy plan to do a "wedding album" site with a history, images, and essays. I started something like that for the Gambit Guild when I was an eager teenager, but it's way out of date now.

But, yeah, more images and a short history would be good for this thread.

Thanks for the thread AppleJ. I’m a little sad the other one is getting the axe (as I’ve been reading all of the old posts- I’m on page 87 or something). It almost makes me wonder if Marvel read the darn thread... all the talk about wishing for a marriage between them and Phillip (Don) stating that R&G would need a Mini to fix the status of their relationship. There’s a ton of interesting stuff but I’m posting from my phone (which I hate) so I’ll stop here.

I have a crazy plan to do a "wedding album" site with a history, images, and essays. I started something like that for the Gambit Guild when I was an eager time eenager, but it's way out of date now.

Ohmygod, ohmygod... please do! I would support this site 100%
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I have a crazy plan to do a "wedding album" site with a history, images, and essays. I started something like that for the Gambit Guild when I was an eager teenager, but it's way out of date now.

That would be wonderful if you're able! The summary on the Gambit Guild is excellent, but of course it ends at Golgotha and now so much has happened. I used to go there and then later the wiki to refresh myself on events. Just thinking about how to adequately summarize their history is daunting though! Might need to do it in segments or something, maybe by writer/era/book(s)?

Spectacular Member

That would be wonderful if you're able! The summary on the Gambit Guild is excellent, but of course it ends at Golgotha and now so much has happened. I used to go there and then later the wiki to refresh myself on events. Just thinking about how to adequately summarize their history is daunting though! Might need to do it in segments or something, maybe by writer/era/book(s)?
    Yikes that is 14 more years to cover? And the dark ages too. But if the focus is the reunion/wedding/current issues then it would make up for it.

I was going back on the old thread too, and was entertained by Don's DC>Marvel with the Batcat wedding announcement, so eery it was this time that the Marvel editor were cooking up the RR wedding surprise.

My previous post got eaten up; it was about Kelly's letter to the fans in MMX1, I was really intrigued she said the fans brought the couple back. I figured it was the decision of the latest Marvel editors were big fans of them and wanted them back. (and also the theory of making more money from Gen Xers who have the disposable income now)

IMO, Rogue needs to get rid of the dampening collar ASAP, because IMO the collar has a hidden trap. It is what Hank said to Rogue about it. You're going to want as many PAINKILLERS as legally allowed so long as you've got that collar on, Rogue. The more Rogue uses the collar, the more potential she has to be come dependent on painkillers, which can be very dangerous and even deadly. As proof of this, all you need to do is read about what happened to Prince and Tom Petty. What Rogue thinks is giving her freedom from her yet uncontrolable power could end up destroying her.

Spectacular Member

teehee folks mentioned Longshot in the MMX review thread: I had a copy of "Prisoner of X" by Ann Nocenti (who BTW was on a guest panel at SDCC, she's been in the biz for 3 decades now) and it covers how Remy felt about Longshot! I guess that switched this storyline to Rogue and Archangel on XTAS, where Rogue wasn't romantically into him but cared about Warren's well-being and Remy did his hot card flip and looked in rage.

NATCH, I am here to join the elite RAMBIT / ROMY / and all other combination fandomamonium in celebration of their inevitably PROOF that MARRIAGE CAN be AWESOME and is NOT a narrative death sentence in comics as so many ill minded folk believe. DRAMA can be HAD and even entertainingly so while STILL remaining a wedded couple in deep, deep love.

OF COURSE, it goes without saying, but this is a MESSAGE BOARD built for SAYING so I'll SAY massive accolades and thunderous applause to Miss Kelly Thompson on both her sensational writing being paired with such sensational artists (imho, a TRUE testament to the value the publisher places on the writing talent can be often determined by the artist paired with them) and that combination harmonizing in such a way to fan the dwindling embers of THIS fanboy's heart for our beloved Rogue and Gambit and stoking the every living F***k out of it to such a tremendous degree as to reinvigorate my appreciation for the pair being TOGETHER.

I wish all the very best for their future thriving amidst the X-verse and beyond. CHEERS to us all!

Oops. Dbl post.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-20-2018 at 07:26 AM.