Page 53 of 196 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    It’s so beautiful!
    My favourite cover so far.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Yeah I'm afraid that at some point the "Gambit is gay" or "Gambit is actually bi and wants to explore that side of him" is going to be used by a lazy writer or editor to break the marriage.
    If they take that route, neither of them come out of the marriage looking like an awful person and at the same time Marvel also scores some "diversity points" with the SJW crowd of twitter and the media, even if that means ignoring 30 years of Gambit stories.
    You say this as if it hasnt already happened with another character. Just change that 30 to 60.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member

MR. AND MRS. X #6
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • DAVID LOPEZ (A)
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    • Gambit and Rogue are throwing a party, and you’re invited!
    • Guest-starring every X-Man their apartment can fit!
    • Hey, who invited the Thieves Guild?!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Look's great! Should be a great issue!

MR. AND MRS. X #6
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Isn't anybody going to help Rogue with the dishes?
    I noticed Kurt brought a gift.
    Is the cover art to issue #1 Rogue and Gambit "official" wedding photo? The redhead (Jean?) seems to be holding a framed picture of that.
    What is in Remy's loft?

Spectacular Member

I imagine that their apartment is Remy's apartment. Im guessing that one panel with Rogue and Remy moving boxes from R&G #5 foreshadowed them moving in together and this particular issue. Can't wait to see all the guests that show up at their party.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I imagine that their apartment is Remy's apartment. Im guessing that one panel with Rogue and Remy moving boxes from R&G #5 foreshadowed them moving in together and this particular issue. Can't wait to see all the guests that show up at their party.
    Yeah, I believe KT confirmed that on her Tumblr that their first home would be Remy's NY apartment.

Soooooo . . . Looking at the Uncanny solicitations I think I'm glad our duo is stearing clear. AoA?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    My favourite cover so far.

I agree Purp. Civi’s are a grand touch

But Why the hell is Bishop dropping his dish!?
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah, I believe KT confirmed that on her Tumblr that their first home would be Remy's NY apartment.

Soooooo . . . Looking at the Uncanny solicitations I think I'm glad our duo is stearing clear. AoA?!?
    I just saw the Uncanny Solicitations and I agree it's a good thing they're not going to be a focus in that, especially taking into account what happened with Rogue/Remy and (a certain other character loved by Mike Carey) during AOA. I'm sure Uncanny will still be good, but Mr and Mrs. X and the Christmas issue will be a lot important to their actual characterization and development. Excited for those two.

Agree with everyone and glad that they are not part of Uncanny. Not interested in AOA.

Rogue's face just cracks me up whenever I see it. That is perfect work from the Dodsons.

I don't think Gambit and Rogue will be entirely clear of the missions in Uncanny. It's been promoted as "every X-Man ever". That said, a lot of the X-Men in this scene seem very careless. I'd have asked them all to leave after this. Hahah.

I presume that's Kitty coming through the ceiling. Her long hair on the cover just made me realise that they cut her hair every time they want us to "take her seriously" ala when she started leading the X-Men after her girlish romp through space, or when she joined SHIELD. Apparently short hair means good leader since they did it with Crystal of the Inhumans too.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

For not having control of her powers, Rogue seems to be showing a normal amount of skin. Something tells me her inability to control her powers will be addressed by then.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I’ve refrained from saying it in the past but since it’s being brought up that was my only issue with Asmus. HE tried to get the Gambit bisexual thing going but they shut it down. I don’t have time to read the other posts on this yet but I’ll be back. I’ve just been wanting to vent that out of my system for forever. Leave long standing characters alone as is. I’m all for gay characters so long as they are new and not being ICEMANed Is that a thing? It is now.

I swear to the high heavens above if any writer ever tries to tarnish their marriage that way there will be HELL to pay.
    I agree with you 100%. Gah, I wish they'd stop bringing it up like it's canon. He's married to Rogue now. Leave it be. That out of the way...

MR. AND MRS. X #6
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Oh, I like this a lot. Cameos galore! The Thieves Guild! And the cover is very cute.

As for Uncanny? AOA? Non, merci. Never was a fan of it.

By the way, told you the artist was going to be David Lopez

By the way, told you the artist was going to be David Lopez
    You win the internet!

I'll have to go check out his work.

So AoA . . . I can now as an adult appreciate, but back in the day I hated it so hard. Literally the only characters I liked in it were Blink and Gambit. I hated that it interrupted the continuity. So while I am happy to read Uncanny because I love this writing team I am SO glad to keep R and G away from it. Good call KT!