Page 7 of 196 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Just asked Kelly Thompson to share a sneak peek at issue #2 and she shared this wonderful image
    Attachment 69318
    Wade is jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Wade is jealous.
    He seems super jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I really hope the series continues and not end when the Uncanny title get's relaunched.

It's been speculated most titles will end and all will be reshuffled after the 10 issues first arc of UXM is done.

If it does, I really hope MMX will stay.
    No need to worry, Kelly confirmed that MMX is not ending and that she already started writing the second arc (that starts at issue #7).

Preview week here we are!

So basically, we ALREADY have MORE issues of MMX to look forward to reading as the R&G mini. Let THAT sink in! Woohoo! I am super curious how the Uncanny plot will impact and tie in with the MMX 2nd arc.

Also am so down for seeing Deadpool and Gambit verbally (and maybe actually) sparring. Wade may have a sharper tongue, but Remy's got the ace up his sleeve.

BC did a small article about that panel, any publicity is good I guess.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...r-and-mrs-x-2/

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    BC did a small article about that panel, any publicity is good I guess.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...r-and-mrs-x-2/
    Remy's possible new codename could have been...worse!
    When I was a kid in the 1970's, there was a men's cologne that was all the rage called Hai Karate.
    HTTP://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hai_Karate
    HTTP://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo
    Last edited by mikeb; 08-14-2018 at 12:22 PM.

So, no Gambit and Rogue on Uncanny #1 cover

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...d-scary-series

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So, no Gambit and Rogue on Uncanny #1 cover

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...d-scary-series
    It's a pretty small group on that cover. Eh, I imagine there will be quite a few variants though. I'm still pretty excited for this series!

Also, why is Bleeding Cool jumping on every little thing on Twitter? I mean, I guess it's exposure though. . .
    Last edited by AppleJ; 08-14-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    It's a pretty small group on that cover. Eh, I imagine there will be quite a few variants though. I'm still pretty excited for this series!
    Me too.
    I hink covers for #2 and maybe #3 will have different line-ups.

Incredible Member

KT tweeted to someone that there like 8 other significant characters not on that cover, so I still think there could be a good showing from Gambit and/or Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I hear ya! This is becoming an obsession level with comics I haven't in years. And I love it. But it can be a bit distracting from all that pesky real life stuff like work and household chores!

It's funny how one comic miniseries has slowly dragged me into all the social media I was avoiding thus far (twitter, tumblr, forums), plus listening to like 5 different podcasts, plus reading fanfic again and also buying all these additional X-titles. Oh boy . . . Slippery slope. LOL And now Uncanny every week with my Rogue and Gambit and all the rest thrown in plus Kelly and Pere! Eeeee!!! Oh Marvel . . . You shouldn't have.

I AM enjoying the Bon Temps podcast though! This last episode on MMX #1 was quite entertaining. And I'm thinking X-Plain the X-Men could be especially interesting this Monday since JDW is on. I wonder if we'll hear anything about Uncanny in the interview.
    Right, I've already got some heavy ADD when it comes to life (in general) and this is just making me worse. I'm not even running these days (I'm still blaming the heat on that one, we'll see once it cools down). Yeah, my Tumblr has been dusted off.. can't believe I managed to even login! But yes, I figure I should just embrace these comics while there is something this amazing happening. I'm glad Marvel has given me a reason to come back. I'm happy to support R&G, MMX and UXM with the amazing creative teams they have going for them. I'm so glad sales seem to be doing well for MMX... I'll pick up the second printing of MMX1 if they have the wedding kiss cover -which I think has been confirmed? I just got an email from paypal letting me know my TPB of R&G and Ramos Variant is shipping from KT's store - so stoked to get these.

I'll add UXM on my pull list and hope for the best. Whether R&G will be in the first issue or not... I mean, covers don't always confirm if characters will be in them. I'll still buy the issues even if R&G aren't in them. I'm interested enough in the story/team behind it.

As for podcasts the only one I'm listening to (right now) is Bon Temps but still haven't finished that last episode with Jessi and Ludi but I will hopefully soon. I was thinking, if you did the fan guest podcast I'd totally listen in on that without a doubt. I think you'd be a great guest!

Super stupid random thought:
    I was thinking about how I read someone ask KT what Gambit and Rogue's wedding song was (this was a while back) and she answered "Just Like Heaven" by the Cure. Which then kind've made me giggle considering the band's name... anyway, it's a great song but I heard the song "One Thousand Years" by Kristina Perri for the first time (I dodged Twilight like a bullet) a couple of months ago and couldn't help but think what a perfect song that would be for them. Again, I actually had no clue that song was from the Twilight soundtrack but I thought it was beautiful when I heard it.

Is there a song you guys would think would be great for their wedding song?
    (please note, I'm not sure if "Just Like Heaven" would be their wedding or first dance song but I think it'd make a better first dance song)
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Well, I'm certainly late to the party...LOL. Some random thoughts:

- I think it's great that KT is getting a turn at writing Uncanny. I think she might be the first woman to have a run at it...good for her. Well deserved! I'm also happy to see Perez and Azrar on this event. Solid art by both. The cast will be huge, so I'm not sure how much panel time the Lebeau's will be having. At least we can rest easy knowing that they won't be the ones "decimated" during the arc. I might just wait it out and get the trade later.

- M&MX preview: Aww, Wade, jealous much? I just hope that nickname doesn't stick...

- Some online retailers (like Amazon) already have Mr & Mrs X Volume 1 for pre-order (March 12 release). I think I'm going to pre-order it sooner than later. Trade sales seem to have an impact on whether or not Marvel renews (or revives) series. Certainly doesn't hurt.

- Perfect Romy wedding song IMHO? "Parallel Line" by Keith Urban. Such a pretty song!
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 08-14-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Super stupid random thought:
    I was thinking about how I read someone ask KT what Gambit and Rogue's wedding song was (this was a while back) and she answered "Just Like Heaven" by the Cure. Which then kind've made me giggle considering the band's name... anyway, it's a great song but I heard the song "One Thousand Years" by Kristina Perri for the first time (I dodged Twilight like a bullet) a couple of months ago and couldn't help but think what a perfect song that would be for them. Again, I actually had no clue that song was from the Twilight soundtrack but I thought it was beautiful when I heard it.

Is there a song you guys would think would be great for their wedding song?
    (please note, I'm not sure if "Just Like Heaven" would be their wedding or first dance song but I think it'd make a better first dance song)
    OK, I'll bite:
    Wedding song or first dance song:
    Always and Forever by Heatwave (This song came out when I was in 7th grade.)
    Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_...Heatwave_song)
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Ppx9FdCjE
    (Remember what Rogue said on the second to last page of the R&G part 5? "You and me are forever" )
    Last edited by mikeb; 08-14-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Spectacular Member

I got my confirmation too! So I guess Kelly is doing a mass shipping day today with her 50 plus orders. I remember she said "Just Like Heaven" one of my fave songs ever. Also suggesting for Romy's song, "To The Sky" The Cure's B-side single. Wanted to add, I've done something in comicverse that I've never done before: I'm subscribing to MMX...the long work hours are too much for me to go to the LCS these days, and I rather read something in my hand than to open up my Ipad at night and suffer eye damage from blue light. Gone are the days when I had time to browse through a comic store.