Page 166 of 196 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2938

Quote Originally Posted by saksiv View Post
    Yeah. it was at the end of X-men Legacy when the team consisted of Magneto, Rogue, Gambit and Proff. During that arc Gambit didn`t do a thing and was something of a furniture, hence Racky Lebeau)))
    While I agree he didn't get to do anything useful and was mainly put in the story to create the whole love triangle tension crap, I REALLY feel like Gambit came out of that arc smelling like a flipping rose. He remains supportive and respectful of Rogue's agency and continues to care about her even in a soulcrushing scenario where Eric is being cold, unfeeling and selfish when Rogue is injured. And Rogue looks like a complete jerk for choosing a guy that treats her that way over the guy that actually cares about her needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    While I agree he didn't get to do anything useful and was mainly put in the story to create the whole love triangle tension crap, I REALLY feel like Gambit came out of that arc smelling like a flipping rose. He remains supportive and respectful of Rogue's agency and continues to care about her even in a soulcrushing scenario where Eric is being cold, unfeeling and selfish when Rogue is injured. And Rogue looks like a complete jerk for choosing a guy that treats her that way over the guy that actually cares about her needs.
    This. Drove. Me. Nuts. It still makes me angry. Best I not think about it...

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    This. Drove. Me. Nuts. It still makes me angry. Best I not think about it...
    when any character isn't acting like themself:

Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    when any character isn't acting like themself:

LOL!

Mystique is the worst...and yet I still like her. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    LOL!

Mystique is the worst...and yet I still like her. Go figure.
    I get what you mean. She may be a terrible person, but god damn is she fun to read. Whenever Mystique show's up, shit just got real, and AT LEAST five people are going to get stabbed in the back. Some of them more than once. Some of them by others who were persuaded to by Mystique, who then immediately backstabs the backstabbers. She's just got machinations in machinations and I love it. To quote Winston Churchill, Mystique "is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma".
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I get what you mean. She may be a terrible person, but god damn is she fun to read. Whenever Mystique show's up, shit just got real, and AT LEAST five people are going to get stabbed in the back. Some of them more than once. Some of them by others who were persuaded to by Mystique, who then immediately backstabs the backstabbers. She's just got machinations in machinations and I love it. To quote Winston Churchill, Mystique "is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma".
    True story. She's a character I love to hate and hate to love! I would SO like to see more of Rogue's early life with Mystique and Destiny explored, considering how much these two would have shaped her.

A thing that Rogue and Gambit share in common is being adopted into a families that, while loving and supportive, also had full intentions of using them for their own criminal devices. I would think they'd really struggle with feeling used by their families, yet still grateful they had been saved from potentially worse outcomes.

I really could do with less Mystique in the movies though.

True story. She's a character I love to hate and hate to love! I would SO like to see more of Rogue's early life with Mystique and Destiny explored, considering how much these two would have shaped her.

A thing that Rogue and Gambit share in common is being adopted into a families that, while loving and supportive, also had full intentions of using them for their own criminal devices. I would think they'd really struggle with feeling used by their families, yet still grateful they had been saved from potentially worse outcomes.

I really could do with less Mystique in the movies though.
    I love both Mystiques for completely different reasons. Comic Raven is just such a badass, excellent villain, while Movie Raven...

okay, it's because i have a massive crush on jennifer lawrence but that doesn't mean i'm wrong

Now that I'm not half asleep . . .

MikeB - I assume the collar suppresses ALL her powers.
    That is incorrect, if it is well written, it should only cancel the mutant powers of Rogue, but should not annul the powers of super force flight, inclulnibility and improved speed.

Those powers are not mutant in nature, and it was already seen in UA, that Rogue was able to rescue everyone, including Magneto and Wanda, because those necklaces only nullified mutant powers, so Rogue still had super strength and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    There is one thing I'm a bit confused about. Does the suppressor collar suppress all of Rogue's powers or just the mutant ones?
    Those necklaces only nullify mutant powers, because their other duplicated powers of WM must remain intact, that was already proven in UA, Kelly is a good writer, I do not think she makes such a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    That is incorrect, if it is well written, it should only cancel the mutant powers of Rogue, but should not annul the powers of super force flight, inclulnibility and improved speed.

Those powers are not mutant in nature, and it was already seen in UA, that Rogue was able to rescue everyone, including Magneto and Wanda, because those necklaces only nullified mutant powers, so Rogue still had super strength and everything else.
    But was this while Simon was still trapped in her? I'd have to look back at this issue because I don't remember. But I'm not sure it was ever addressed how she had kept his abilities after Simon was freed and how she was able to control them now. It was all very hand wavy.

I mean, that could be where Kelly is going with this, but from a narrative perspective it seems maybe a little too convenient if the collar has only benefits and few consequences. But I guess we'll see and maybe soon! One day more!

Hey all, don't forget to vote for the 2018 poll (see the sticky). It's kind of a lot to enter, but it'd be great to get everyone's 2 cents.

Spectacular Member

The spoilers DO show up on the reply just FYI. LOL
    Boo! I really have to work on my forum skills! I'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Excellent summary LegoLiz. I adored the Romy story very much!
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

One sad moment I thought I'd share. For some crazy reason I thought MMX #6 came out today. So I woke up at 3 a.m. Went online thinking I'd have the new issue to read and of course, I was sadly disappointed. Only positive was that they were promoting back issues of Gambit's ongoing first series - second half. I have them in hard copy so didn't purchase, but it has to be a positive sign that they are promoting Remy's old books, right? Here's hoping!
    Last edited by LegoLiz; 12-11-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Those necklaces only nullify mutant powers, because their other duplicated powers of WM must remain intact, that was already proven in UA, Kelly is a good writer, I do not think she makes such a big mistake.
    FWIW, I asked my editors and was told the power dampening collars should dampen ALL powers. So that's how it's written.

I understand the thought process behind people thinking the collar should only dampen mutant powers (I've had similar thoughts - it's why I asked my editors), but I do agree that that makes it a little too convenient a device (as I saw some others say) - all upside, little downside (headaches)...which is not terribly interesting. I will say I don't believe we ever refer to the collar as specifically being a MUTANT power suppressing collar, just a "power suppressing collar" so maybe there are collars that ONLY suppress mutant powers, but that's not what Rogue's does.

Anyway, calibrate your expectations as necessary.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    FWIW, I asked my editors and was told the power dampening collars should dampen ALL powers. So that's how it's written.

I understand the thought process behind people thinking the collar should only dampen mutant powers (I've had similar thoughts - it's why I asked my editors), but I do agree that that makes it a little too convenient a device (as I saw some others say) - all upside, little downside (headaches)...which is not terribly interesting. I will say I don't believe we ever refer to the collar as specifically being a MUTANT power suppressing collar, just a "power suppressing collar" so maybe there are collars that ONLY suppress mutant powers, but that's not what Rogue's does.

Thanks for clarifying!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post

So Rogue is going to be powerless for the foreseeable future? I still want to know if what we saw in issue #5 of Rogue's powers being "Evolved" was it complete, or what we saw was the "Ugly Ducking" stage of the metamorphosis? ("Evolved" implies to me that Rogue's powers have developed into something better.) Also, during the Mojo arc, will Rogue get a shocking revelation which will be a key piece in why she can't control her power?