Page 8 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=Purplevit;3844528]So, no Gambit and Rogue on Uncanny #1 cover

[url]https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/uncanny
    I remember one issue where they were on the cover, and they weren't in the issue. Yikes! It was a recent one, but can't recall what issue.
    I mentioned this elsewhere, but in the issue with Romy's picnic and Bella Donna's debut...Jubilee shrieked, who would be dumb enough to be Mrs. Gambit....and lovely Jubilee called it and apparently pimped Romy to get hitched after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So, no Gambit and Rogue on Uncanny #1 cover

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...d-scary-series
    Im not entirely surprised as they have their space adventures in MMX. I think Rogue and Gambit will appear later in Uncanny, just not the first issue

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Right, I've already got some heavy ADD when it comes to life (in general) and this is just making me worse. I'm not even running these days (I'm still blaming the heat on that one, we'll see once it cools down). Yeah, my Tumblr has been dusted off.. can't believe I managed to even login! But yes, I figure I should just embrace these comics while there is something this amazing happening. I'm glad Marvel has given me a reason to come back. I'm happy to support R&G, MMX and UXM with the amazing creative teams they have going for them. I'm so glad sales seem to be doing well for MMX... I'll pick up the second printing of MMX1 if they have the wedding kiss cover -which I think has been confirmed? I just got an email from paypal letting me know my TPB of R&G and Ramos Variant is shipping from KT's store - so stoked to get these.

I'll add UXM on my pull list and hope for the best. Whether R&G will be in the first issue or not... I mean, covers don't always confirm if characters will be in them. I'll still buy the issues even if R&G aren't in them. I'm interested enough in the story/team behind it.

As for podcasts the only one I'm listening to (right now) is Bon Temps but still haven't finished that last episode with Jessi and Ludi but I will hopefully soon. I was thinking, if you did the fan guest podcast I'd totally listen in on that without a doubt. I think you'd be a great guest!

Super stupid random thought:
    I was thinking about how I read someone ask KT what Gambit and Rogue's wedding song was (this was a while back) and she answered "Just Like Heaven" by the Cure. Which then kind've made me giggle considering the band's name... anyway, it's a great song but I heard the song "One Thousand Years" by Kristina Perri for the first time (I dodged Twilight like a bullet) a couple of months ago and couldn't help but think what a perfect song that would be for them. Again, I actually had no clue that song was from the Twilight soundtrack but I thought it was beautiful when I heard it.

Is there a song you guys would think would be great for their wedding song?
    (please note, I'm not sure if "Just Like Heaven" would be their wedding or first dance song but I think it'd make a better first dance song)
    Haha, now you're making me blush. I'm thinking about it, but there are some other ladies that would be so much more interesting to hear from than me!

Hmmm, so I always had a hard time thinking of a love song that really fit their relationship.

I have always liked "Feels Like Home" by Bonnie Raitt for them.

Also Pastelarts on Tumblr came up with a whole soundtrack for the R&G mini that is GREAT. One of her list has really grown on me for them:

"Love Song" but the Adele cover. While I love The Cure, wow Adele's version of the song is so much more soulful and romantic.

Incredible Member

So while I don’t have a wedding song suggestion...I did make a Spotify playlist during the Rogue and Gambit mini-series (that of course started with Ring of Fire) and I happily added Just Like Heaven at the end. (And while I was married way back in the pre-Adele days, love song was one of our songs!) 91431979-B322-4C4C-8D32-FB090677FD6C.jpg 26CF95EF-886E-4CCA-978A-49A7260EBE51.jpg

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Scary Love by The Neighborhood? A+ choice hands down

My picks... although maybe not super wedding-esque
    Flaws by Bastille
    Last Night in Los Feliz by Niia
    Amazed by Poe
    Love Song by 311 (while Adele does a great cover and I do love it, it doesn’t hold a candle to 311’s version)

I don't know if it would be their song per se, but I could see a big Rambit (& the X-Men) scream/sing along to Meat Loaf. Pretty much any song from Bat out of Hell would be amazing, though I could also see Rogue busting out some Bonnie Tyler with her voice. Total Eclipse of the Heart would be a hilarious duet.

I could also see Remy busting out some Elvis, perhaps Love Me Tender, sung with tongue firmly in cheek. We know they are more than happy to go far beyond "tender", after all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    I don't know if it would be their song per se, but I could see a big Rambit (& the X-Men) scream/sing along to Meat Loaf. Pretty much any song from Bat out of Hell would be amazing, though I could also see Rogue busting out some Bonnie Tyler with her voice. Total Eclipse of the Heart would be a hilarious duet.

I could also see Remy busting out some Elvis, perhaps Love Me Tender, sung with tongue firmly in cheek. We know they are more than happy to go far beyond "tender", after all!!!
    I don't know...having them sing Two out of Three ain't bad as a wedding song just doesn't feel right...

Incredible Member

Thanks! I totally agree. Here are the other songs that weren’t shown above. (Obviously these aren’t all love songs, they are just any song that felt like it hit a theme of the mini-series. I’m such a dork. )

Love Bastille!

8EAE55F3-77B3-4FB9-8D4E-BCADF476668A.jpgE06B5F65-65AF-4A13-936D-1229842BB91C.jpg

I’ll be listening to the songs y’all posted later today but I wanted to share the MMX #1 reprint cover

Attachment 69365
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 08-15-2018 at 08:02 AM. Reason: pic
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Has anybody read Deadpool: Assassin?
    Because Deadpool just spoilers:
    murdered Belladonna
    end of spoilers, and Gambit's ALREADY pissed at him for Rogue, so I'm feeling like bad things are going to happen to him.
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 08-15-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Spoil and not spoiler in tags to hide spoilers.

spoilers:
    Wade killed Bella and she was written lame and weak.
    If it wasn`t a shapeshifter as Bella in issue 5 or she won`t be brought back to life next issue then I will be really dissapointed in Bunn as writer and Deadpool as character.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-15-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Haven’t read it but really!? Now I need to...
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

I'm going to assume that MMX takes place before Deadpool: Assassin otherwise a team up with him would be inexplicable, Gambit would immediately blow him to pieces for doing that.
    While Remy doesn't love her anymore, I think he still cares about her, she meant a lot to him in a big part of his life, he wouldn't simply let something like that slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Spoil and not spoiler in tags to hide spoilers.

spoilers:
    Wade killed Bella and she was written lame and weak.
    If it wasn`t a shapeshifter as Bella in issue 5 or she won`t be brought back to life next issue then I will be really dissapointed in Bunn as writer and Deadpool as character.
    end of spoilers
    In which comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    In which comic?
    Deadpool Assassin