Page 101 of 196 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2938
    Spectacular Member

RomyShip I meant the preview days, and then seeing snippets over at Tumblr. My floppy (physical issue) came late last issue, two weeks behind, I was so worried that I had to contact Marvel and they said it could take up to a MONTH to get mailed! I subscribed because simply I don't have time and cannot make the time to travel to a comic store with my work schedule. I reminisce on the days I was able to...years ago I worked a 7 to 3:30 schedule Mondays to Fridays and it left me enuf time to beat traffic to get to LCS...now I moved to a bigger city and traffic/hours are tough for me.

With the posts about reading Astonishing X-men I decided to get the TBP at a good deal on Amazon. So it's the first six issues, I am finally going to read the theatre scene in context and lol at where Romy is now versus, "guess Romy is over cuz Soule made it over"

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    RomyShip I meant the preview days, and then seeing snippets over at Tumblr. My floppy (physical issue) came late last issue, two weeks behind, I was so worried that I had to contact Marvel and they said it could take up to a MONTH to get mailed! I subscribed because simply I don't have time and cannot make the time to travel to a comic store with my work schedule. I reminisce on the days I was able to...years ago I worked a 7 to 3:30 schedule Mondays to Fridays and it left me enuf time to beat traffic to get to LCS...now I moved to a bigger city and traffic/hours are tough for me.

With the posts about reading Astonishing X-men I decided to get the TBP at a good deal on Amazon. So it's the first six issues, I am finally going to read the theatre scene in context and lol at where Romy is now versus, "guess Romy is over cuz Soule made it over"
    Marvel makes subscribing to floppies a real pain. I remember years ago, I had subscribed to X-treme X-men and by the time I got my first issue, Gambit & Rogue were no longer in the book. Awful, awful service...and I guess they haven't improved it.

Incredible Member

That hair is even more anti-gravity than usual! 1A4F0BF8-D725-4DD5-A07C-5203ED3F36CF.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    That hair is even more anti-gravity than usual! 1A4F0BF8-D725-4DD5-A07C-5203ED3F36CF.jpg
    Oh, I wonder what cover this is for?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    Smokey, so wait, how does your subscription work? You wait for the floppy to arrive in the mail but you get previews online? Can you please explain it to me? I wound up pre-ordering the digital from Marvel and then bought 2 floppy's because I gotta do my part to support.

AppleJ, Jim Lee's drawings made them look mature but ironically Oscar's makes them look a lot younger. It's just how it goes with all the different artists thrown into the mix.

See, I had just been thinking a lot of their past and concluded a ton of it probably did have to do with their age in how they handled things way back when. I mean, obviously it was also careless writers or writers that just wanted angst/drama but I do feel it is easier to accept now because they have come a long way since those days. Rogue grew in many ways as a leader but not very much in her own personal life which is what KT is addressing as we speak. Remy's character has matured IMMENSELY from those days. I've seen the change in him thanks to what I've read of Asmus' and Liu's runs. Before their runs Remy was a writer's bad joke (or so it seemed).
    I have always taken the change of style in the artists of the generation of Lee / Kurbent to Madueira / Bachalo in the late 90's and the course of history to calculate the age of Romy. In X-Men # 45 in full crisis, Rogue enters the bar outside the University of Washington and she tells Bobby "look at these kids! They're the same age as me!" ... I like to imagine that in this stage of KT they are in the middle of their 20's. Kelly has matured Gambit quite

Quote Originally Posted by Couplest View Post
    Oh my. That is some high flying hair LOL. #8 maybe?
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 10-18-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=byron0995;3975079]I have always taken the change of style in the artists of the generation of Lee / Kurbent to Madueira / Bachalo in the late 90's and the course of history to calculate the age of Romy. In X

oh wow I need to reread #45...she did say that she's as old as the college kids! With Remy saying he's too old to chase down Xandra when she was running around, I was wondering what he thought old was!

I also need to reverse/eat crow about seeing some posts about folks swearing up and down Romy wouldn't happen again...cuz I did see folks eat crow and admit they were wrong when they saw the wedding happen at that Marvel was serious about Romy. Oh my goodness and seeing folks disrespect Kelly on this board last year before the series debuted? Yikes, where are the manners? And she had to even apologize to the posters who were complaining and whining about her miniseries being Rogue-centric???

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

KT's got some new Q&As on her Tumblr.

Day 3. Still no addressing which cat it was. I am beginning to get suspicious.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post

I recognized your "WHAT DID YOU DO" LOL

[QUOTE=smokey78;3975179]
    Quote Originally Posted by byron0995 View Post
    I have always taken the change of style in the artists of the generation of Lee / Kurbent to Madueira / Bachalo in the late 90's and the course of history to calculate the age of Romy. In X

oh wow I need to reread #45...she did say that she's as old as the college kids! With Remy saying he's too old to chase down Xandra when she was running around, I was wondering what he thought old was!

I also need to reverse/eat crow about seeing some posts about folks swearing up and down Romy wouldn't happen again...cuz I did see folks eat crow and admit they were wrong when they saw the wedding happen at that Marvel was serious about Romy. Oh my goodness and seeing folks disrespect Kelly on this board last year before the series debuted? Yikes, where are the manners? And she had to even apologize to the posters who were complaining and whining about her miniseries being Rogue-centric???
    Is that thread still around? I thought the old Romy thread was deleted. Or are you talking about the Gambit thread, it's still the original . . . Well sort of.

Yeah, the discourse is unfortunately not always civil on this site, though this thread tends to be one of the better ones.

She probably doesn't know without asking the artist and he probably doesn't know without asking the colorist, who will probably just choose a color and that's which cat it will be.

Well she can't spoil everything you know.

I'm glad someone asked about Gambit getting hit. It's an ongoing problem. Now we know who to blame (looking at you editorial).

The stakes seem pretty high in #5. I almost wish I didn't know about #6. It kind of dampens the suspense a bit. I'm still looking forward/obsessing about the next issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalternativa View Post
    I recognized your "WHAT DID YOU DO" LOL
    but did you recognize it both times?
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Well she can't spoil everything you know.

I'm glad someone asked about Gambit getting hit. It's an ongoing problem. Now we know who to blame (looking at you editorial).

The stakes seem pretty high in #5. I almost wish I didn't know about #6. It kind of dampens the suspense a bit. I'm still looking really forward to the next issue though.
    Yeah, everybody gets pissed when a capable hero gets speared from the front. Prestige, and now Gambit.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

but did you recognize it both times?
    Nope. Only one. ��